well done abbey and soberego

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

its not often that i sing and cheer for beetroot head's football prima donna's but when you guys thump ar5ena1 ....4nil just after we dumped them out of the other cup it just cheers me no end well done guys .. i really hope you guys go on to win the league now :-6:-6

that wenger the asenal manager what a nasty sour faced man he is , i wonder what makes some people turn out like that ??? always horrible never a nice word to say about anyone what an ahole

would it of really hurt him to say sorry but we were totally out played by the better team well done united :rolleyes::rolleyes:

oh well , well done you two guys i hope you both have profound hangovers :wah::wah:
abbey

Post by abbey »

Thanks sweety, it was a fantastic game, Rooney & Nani played fantastic.

Just wished they'd played half as good last week! :-1

The icing on the cake was Liverpoop getting beat by Barnsley. :yh_rotfl
spot

Post by spot »

rjwould;778396 wrote: I'm still wondering what they (abbey and soberego) did. Is it that they rooted for the team that eventually won, or that they chose to live in an area that sports the name of the winning team?

I am of course assuming you are talking about some sport in which people chase a ball around a field...

It is by no means invariably the case that the supporter of a given football team lives in proximity to the ground at which they play their home games, RJ, besides which nobody here is expected to support a single team to the exclusion of all others. What is demanded, though, is that allegiance isn't determined by performance. Once chosen, a team is stood by for a lifetime of joys and sorrows, the latter invariably predominating.

Just as important though not necessarily a lifetime passion is which team to detest. Often this takes the form of a team managed by a foreigner (up to and including the national side) or a team in physical proximity to a favoured side. This combination often puts Chelsea in the least favoured role or (as you see here) the Arsenal. Several cities have two teams or more which makes allegiances a complex affair.

So, no, it's not that they rooted for the team that eventually won, or that they chose to live in an area that sports the name of the winning team, it's that (on this occasion) their teams disobliged the right side quite spectacularly. And a good thing too.

Bristol's through to the quarter finals, I can't quite believe it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
dubs

Post by dubs »

Arsenal!..BWAhahahahahahahhahahahaha........I laughed so hard, I nearly made myself sick......:wah::wah::wah::wah::wah::wah:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
dubs

Post by dubs »

Liverpool............:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl.....Oh Jeez! ........Me ribs

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
abbey

Post by abbey »

dubs;778561 wrote: Liverpool............:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl.....Oh Jeez! ........Me ribs
:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflI'll see your 2 laughing smileys and raise you 1
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

spot;778508 wrote: It is by no means invariably the case that the supporter of a given football team lives in proximity to the ground at which they play their home games, RJ, besides which nobody here is expected to support a single team to the exclusion of all others. What is demanded, though, is that allegiance isn't determined by performance. Once chosen, a team is stood by for a lifetime of joys and sorrows, the latter invariably predominating.

Just as important though not necessarily a lifetime passion is which team to detest. Often this takes the form of a team managed by a foreigner (up to and including the national side) or a team in physical proximity to a favoured side. This combination often puts Chelsea in the least favoured role or (as you see here) the Arsenal. Several cities have two teams or more which makes allegiances a complex affair.

So, no, it's not that they rooted for the team that eventually won, or that they chose to live in an area that sports the name of the winning team, it's that (on this occasion) their teams disobliged the right side quite spectacularly. And a good thing too.

Bristol's through to the quarter finals, I can't quite believe it.

very well put spot :-6

and very well done bristol rovers :-6:-6:-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”