some deserty pictures

Traditional or digital! Share your photos. Do you view the world a little differently through a lens? Let's discuss photos that you find interesting or worthy of discussion.
wardah

some deserty pictures

Post by wardah »

I was going to go to Turkey the other week, but decided at the last minute that it was too cold and I'd rather head somewhere warm, so I went down to Aqaba in Jordan. Went to the desert in Wadi Rum for a day, and typically attracted bad weather - it hailed! Did make for some quite impressive skies though, anyway here are a few pics if anyone is interested...:

Attached files
Bored_Wombat

some deserty pictures

Post by Bored_Wombat »

Wow. :eek:

Very deserty.

Great post!
kazalala

some deserty pictures

Post by kazalala »

very nice:)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Chezzie

some deserty pictures

Post by Chezzie »

once again fab pics Wardah........Must of been an awesome sight.

I have been to the Sahara desert which was quite impressive, we road in on a camel to see the sun rise.:-6
Bryn Mawr

some deserty pictures

Post by Bryn Mawr »

wardah;778007 wrote: I was going to go to Turkey the other week, but decided at the last minute that it was too cold and I'd rather head somewhere warm, so I went down to Aqaba in Jordan. Went to the desert in Wadi Rum for a day, and typically attracted bad weather - it hailed! Did make for some quite impressive skies though, anyway here are a few pics if anyone is interested...:

Impressive - as you say, the sky add greatly to the effect.
abbey

some deserty pictures

Post by abbey »

Beautiful :-6
along-for-the-ride

some deserty pictures

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Beautiful photos..................how do you like the desert environment, wardah?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

some deserty pictures

Post by Kathy Ellen »

wardah;778007 wrote: I was going to go to Turkey the other week, but decided at the last minute that it was too cold and I'd rather head somewhere warm, so I went down to Aqaba in Jordan. Went to the desert in Wadi Rum for a day, and typically attracted bad weather - it hailed! Did make for some quite impressive skies though, anyway here are a few pics if anyone is interested...:

These are amazing pictures Wardah, thank you for sharing. How did it feel to be in this desert? I can't even imagine how beautiful it was:-6
wardah

some deserty pictures

Post by wardah »

thanks for the comments:D

it was great being in the desert - really nice to get out of the city (damascus is so noisy! I'm sure most syrians just have the horn of their car selotaped down...) have been a few times now around syria and jordan.

I was with a friend from my class and we met a jordanian and got chatting, and he offered to take us in his jeep, as it would be cheaper than an official tour from his company (where he usually worked, he took the day off to take us, and just charged us for the petrol).

Him and his friend drove us out to the desert - about 45 mins drive - and then we just drove around for the day looking at all the awesome rock formations + scenery etc. It was a really good day - even got to drive the jeep which was fun, then in the evening they took us to a bedouin house where the family cooked us a meal before we were driven back home and dropped at our hotel.

It's so nice when you meet such friendly people!
Imladris

some deserty pictures

Post by Imladris »

Great pics!

I've just bought a new camera with the hope of improving the quality of the photos I take - hmmm, we'll see....:wah:
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
Jerry

some deserty pictures

Post by Jerry »

Very nice. I like the one with the blue sky the best.
texphotogal

some deserty pictures

Post by texphotogal »

Nice photos!! Great views! :)
Omni_Skittles

some deserty pictures

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I miss home now... :(
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

some deserty pictures

Post by spot »

Home looks like the desert in Wadi Rum?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Omni_Skittles

some deserty pictures

Post by Omni_Skittles »

home does indeed look like a desert. lol
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

some deserty pictures

Post by spot »

Then you should dig around among your photos and find one that looks deserty from near home and add it to this thread so we can compare deserts.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Omni_Skittles

some deserty pictures

Post by Omni_Skittles »

I have no photos... and what photos i do have are of mountains.
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

some deserty pictures

Post by spot »

You obviously need a few weeks in Syria with a camera then.
Omni_Skittles

some deserty pictures

Post by Omni_Skittles »

wait why do i need to go to Syria! was New Mexico not enough?
Smoke signals ftw!
spot

some deserty pictures

Post by spot »

But you didn't take any photos in New Mexico! And if you went to Syria you would! Obvious innit.
Omni_Skittles

some deserty pictures

Post by Omni_Skittles »

lol or i could grab photos off the net... say that they're pics of the desert i am from... and blah blah blah...
Smoke signals ftw!

Return to “Photography More”