REDGLITTER - she's GONE

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Patsy Warnick

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Mission accomplished for those who bangered her.

I received a e-mail from Red - she will no longer be posting threads or comments.

Red will no longer be on FG.

I suppose she'd had enough and took enough from others here - so congratulations - you've run another person off..

I myself will miss her

Patsy
minks

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by minks »

I too shall miss her.

For all who butted heads with her, I am saddened you drove her away. :(

Glitter hunny I am sorry to see you go.

:-1
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
spot

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by spot »

Gosh never a day goes by without something explodes. It's life in the fast lane here.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clint

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Clint »

I didn’t agree with her a lot but I’m sorry to see her go.

It does make me curious though. She didn’t seem to avoid controversial issues so she must have expected some disagreement and even confrontation.

My dad used to tell me that if I got my head up above the crowd I should expect people to take shots at it. That's advice I don't always find easy to remember.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
spot

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by spot »

spot hurls a half-brick at Clint just to reinforce the point
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
theia

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by theia »

Clint;770567 wrote: I didn’t agree with her a lot but I’m sorry to see her go.

It does make me curious though. She didn’t seem to avoid controversial issues so she must have expected some disagreement and even confrontation. My dad used to tell me that if I got my head up above the crowd I should expect people to take shots at it. That's advice I don't always find easy to remember.

Yes, but not the venomous, personal attacks she was subjected to on occasion.

I really hope she changes her mind and comes back to FG.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Clint

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Clint »

Clint ducks and fades into the crowd...again.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Patsy Warnick

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Clint

I completely understand your point.

This is a forum to open discussion - she posted several interesting threads to discuss. She posted her opinion.

A opinion is not wrong - its yours - whether you put your neck out there or not.

Some strike back very personal ugly comments - unwarranted - I myself don't need to be corrected - I won't argue - Its my opinion, whether others like my opinion or not.

This is a nice forum to discuss - if in person would some of these ugly comments surface? I think not. Discuss yes - slander - no.

I'm a strong out spoken individual - if one gets ugly with me, that makes me think they're weak - no comment

Patsy
KB.

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by KB. »

Clint;770567 wrote: I didn’t agree with her a lot but I’m sorry to see her go.

It does make me curious though. She didn’t seem to avoid controversial issues so she must have expected some disagreement and even confrontation.

My dad used to tell me that if I got my head up above the crowd I should expect people to take shots at it. That's advice I don't always find easy to remember.

Exactly. She gave as good or better than she got. Play with fire and you are going to get burnt. This is an internet forum board. Nothing brings out the ignorant F**kwadery in a person better than being anonymous. She can stay, come back, leave, or all of the above as she pleases. She can do like I do and make my a comment and never look back at the thread again. This place has diminished quite a bit since I joined, which wasn't that long ago, but I still enjoy the people I always enjoyed.
Life ain't linear.
Patsy Warnick

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Patsy Warnick »

KB

Where's the fire ??

What an attitude - your one of the reasons she left

Patsy
spot

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by spot »

If you representatives of one-time colonial outposts would just realize that England holds all your countries in equal affection then there might be less clamour for attention here and a degree more civility all round. And that goes for the Irish and Aussies just as much as for the Canadians and Americans, before anyone shouts favouritism. Some of my best friends live abroad.

The moderators have often had to prise apart skirmishing tussles and, of those RedGlitter was involved in, she was as often on top as underneath the scrap. If she feels she can't participate any longer then I'm sorry to hear it but I find it difficult to interpret as being run off the site. I'd be pleased if, after a period of reflection, she were to reconsider and look again for a way to co-exist.
abbey

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by abbey »

Patsy Warnick;770549 wrote: Mission accomplished for those who bangered her.

I received a e-mail from Red - she will no longer be posting threads or comments.

Red will no longer be on FG.

I suppose she'd had enough and took enough from others here - so congratulations - you've run another person off..

I myself will miss her

PatsyThat's sad.:-1
guppy

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by guppy »

spot;770593 wrote: If you representatives of one-time colonial outposts would just realize that England holds all your countries in equal affection then there might be less clamour for attention here and a degree more civility all round. And that goes for the Irish and Aussies just as much as for the Canadians and Americans, before anyone shouts favouritism. Some of my best friends live abroad.

The moderators have often had to prise apart skirmishing tussles and, of those RedGlitter was involved in, she was as often on top as underneath the scrap. If she feels she can't participate any longer then I'm sorry to hear it but I find it difficult to interpret as being run off the site. I'd be pleased if, after a period of reflection, she were to reconsider and look again for a way to co-exist.

yea,,what spot said....
Chezzie

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Chezzie »

Red hasnt cancelled/deleted her account though, she is still on the member list, that means she hasnt gone, she can come back.

Red's post were contraversial at times and I think when you post like that you expect to get different view points posted back. I remember reading Red saying herself that she liked to get peoples mind ticking (not exact words) and post thought provoking material. I didnt like all of Red's posts and I found some of her comments when talking about children a bit below the belt but I just would leave that post and not post in it.

I agree though, theirs far too much personal slanging going on at FG and Red also gave as good as she got from what I saw.

Their is so much nit picking here we could start up our own lice farm for sure.

I have only been here a few months and jeeez the arguments you guys have here are unreal.

I come online for FUN, nothing else.........I dont want aggro......I can get aplenty of that in my RL.

How long will it be before this place declines even more because members get too hot under the collar about certain subjects. Their are so many spin off forums from here.

If you watch tv and theirs something on you dont like, you switch over, some members need to adopt that rule on the internet and not post barrages of stuff thats either, personal, hurtful, threatening , rude or just plain nit picking.

Just one last thing, how must this look to a new member looking in on the forum and thinking of joining? If you look were top on google for forums and must get thousands of hits. When I first lurked here it was only fun stuff I was reading, If I was to read some of the posts of the last couple of months, Im not sure Id of joined to be honest.

Right I put my big girlie pants on and decided to hit reply........My post isnt meant to offend anyone, its just coming on here right now isnt as much fun as it was:(
Carolly

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Carolly »

Red actually has been in touch with me and told me why she has gone and as I feel this was in confidence I feel I am unable to disclose the reasons..Red and I didn't really have much to do with each other I have to say but for some reason she seemed to have liked me and that is why she has been in touch.I did read some of her threads but didn't reply.......tell a lie I may have done a couple of times.I know there was some who just didn't like her but I guess theres some who dont me and so it goes on.The truth is we just cant like everybody for whatever reason even behind a screen.Although not knowing somebody.......I mean not really knowing them does not give us the right to slag some other members off on here openly just because you may not agree with what that person is saying .As grown ups we should be able to put our point across without all that.I agree so much with what Chez wrote here and good on her to say how some of us are feeling.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Carolly

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Carolly »

jimbo;770638 wrote: i like terri always have ..we used to not agree more than we did agree but we never fell out , its sad she wont be posting here .. i only come on for a laugh To the first very good point there Jim.....that is how it should be and to the second one .......the same answer.If we get involved in a debate we should try to make it somewhat friendly if we are able to do so by making our point without any "mud" throwing or just pure nastiness.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
SlipStream

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by SlipStream »

that's bad, she's cool.
weeder

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by weeder »

FG is the place where I have observed cruelty between people, that I dont even see in real life. It always amazes me that anyone would have nothing better to do than to publicly demean, degrade, insult, or torment someone else. I can only assume that now and then there are contributors with so much unhappiness, or frustration in their lives, that they use this form of communication to excercise their need for revenge. Terri is very smart. She invested a lot of herself here, spent great amounts of time posting topics she felt would inspire great dialogue. She is someone who puts her neck on the line, for the possible enrichment of a group. She didnt always put herself first. She risked, and took ridicule. Often Ive heard, there are things going on in the background, or underneath the scenes. I have no idea what that means. Does it mean cultivating off line relationships, and then having them explode here, publicly? Over the years I have had the good fortune to have communicated privately with a few members. We have shared confidences.

None of us has used the forum to disclose personal information, to hurt each other. I feel privledged to have experienced this kind of trust and respect. I wish she could have enjoyed the same experience. Another thought provoking member bites the dust. How unnecessary, and sad. Hopefully, she will take some time, gather her strength, and come back. She will return, still inspired to share, but wiser, able to watch her back, and protect her feelings.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
mikeinie

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by mikeinie »

Maybe I always manage somehow to not see the post where there is ‘cruelty’, unless these are happening through PM’s and stuff that is not open.

I don’t agree with Red’s opinions on some topics, but so what. People have different points of view and they are free to express their opinions, that is what the internet is about. I think that overall FG is a pretty polite, safe and OK place to post.

Sorry to here she has left, she often posting interesting news articles as well. It is a shame when anyone leaves.
grh

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by grh »

I must be missing something here, because Red isn't gone from the members listing up top, so that means she's still here, hasn't left, etc.:thinking:

I happen to think that a lot of Reds posts were borderline 'nuts' and some of them without so much of a visible borderline. But, and here's the big BUT, she thought the same thing about a lot of my posts and wasn't one bit afraid to say when she felt mine or other folks bent on things were tasteless, tacky, stupid and a host of other adjectives. That's why I liked arguing with her from time to time.

She does seem to get her shorts in a knot when she feels offended, yet is always quite happy to point out she doesn't mind offending others with her thoughts and observations:confused:

I predict RED is lurking and reading this thread faithfully. She will return once enough of her loyal subjects have begged her to reconsider...:rolleyes:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
Uncle Kram

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Uncle Kram »

I'd always choose Red over Gary. :-4

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
spot

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by spot »

Who the *** is Gary??
Uncle Kram

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Uncle Kram »

spot;770681 wrote: Who the *** is Gary??

.........:D

Attached files

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
G#Gill

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by G#Gill »

Lineker ?:)
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Chezzie

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Chezzie »

Patrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrick:wah:
el guapo

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by el guapo »

i for on e will miss her
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
grh

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by grh »

Uncle Kram;770686 wrote: .........:D

Damn! I thought that might be Spots real name and was gonna ask who wouldn't prefer red over him....:wah:
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

rambo
Sheryl

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Sheryl »

"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
WonderWendy3

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sheryl;770698 wrote:

I love the Sound of Music!:)
Chezzie

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Chezzie »

grh;770695 wrote: Damn! I thought that might be Spots real name and was gonna ask who wouldn't prefer red over him....:wah:

Red over Spot.........Is that like brandy over baileys or does this have hidden sexual connertations :wah:
spot

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by spot »

Oh look. There's a diseased spider crawling slowly across my desk. At least there's something on the planet than which I am more likeable.

This is not a post inviting a response. Quite the reverse.
Chezzie

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Chezzie »

spot;770703 wrote: Oh look. There's a diseased spider crawling slowly across my desk. At least there's something on the planet than which I am more likeable.

ah cum ere and giz a kiss:-4
Pheasy

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Pheasy »

Chezzie;770601 wrote: Red hasnt cancelled/deleted her account though, she is still on the member list, that means she hasnt gone, she can come back.

Red's post were contraversial at times and I think when you post like that you expect to get different view points posted back. I remember reading Red saying herself that she liked to get peoples mind ticking (not exact words) and post thought provoking material. I didnt like all of Red's posts and I found some of her comments when talking about children a bit below the belt but I just would leave that post and not post in it.

I agree though, theirs far too much personal slanging going on at FG and Red also gave as good as she got from what I saw.

Their is so much nit picking here we could start up our own lice farm for sure.

I have only been here a few months and jeeez the arguments you guys have here are unreal.

I come online for FUN, nothing else.........I dont want aggro......I can get aplenty of that in my RL.

How long will it be before this place declines even more because members get too hot under the collar about certain subjects. Their are so many spin off forums from here.

If you watch tv and theirs something on you dont like, you switch over, some members need to adopt that rule on the internet and not post barrages of stuff thats either, personal, hurtful, threatening , rude or just plain nit picking.

Just one last thing, how must this look to a new member looking in on the forum and thinking of joining? If you look were top on google for forums and must get thousands of hits. When I first lurked here it was only fun stuff I was reading, If I was to read some of the posts of the last couple of months, Im not sure Id of joined to be honest.

Right I put my big girlie pants on and decided to hit reply........My post isnt meant to offend anyone, its just coming on here right now isnt as much fun as it was:(

Hey you !! Give me my brain back :wah: Very well said Chez. :-4

It's not until you have been on the receiving end of a totally unjustified/unprovoked pm that you start to question a lot of things. :(

I for one have just about had enough of this sh*t! I joined FG to have fun and make friends. :(
Chezzie

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Chezzie »

ThePheasant;770707 wrote: Hey you !! Give me my brain back Very well said Chez. :-4

It's not until you have been on the receiving end of a totally unjustified/unprovoked pm that you start to question a lot of things. :(

I for one have just about had enough of this sh*t! I joined FG to have fun and make friends. :(

Cos were like the spice girls babey....2 become 1 :wah::wah::wah:
Pheasy

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Pheasy »

Chezzie;770710 wrote: Cos were like the spice girls babey....2 become 1 :wah::wah::wah:

:wah:
Chezzie

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Chezzie »

jimbo;770712 wrote: birdy spice and scarey spice :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

oh thats right Baggins, you can mock.......were u the left or right fred :wah:
Pheasy

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Pheasy »

Chezzie;770710 wrote: Cos were like the spice girls babey....2 become 1 :wah::wah::wah:

Which ones shall we be Chez :wah:

Chezzie

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Chezzie »

ThePheasant;770717 wrote: Which ones shall we be Chez :wah:

hmmmmm think cos im the youngest (in mind) I could be baby and cos your a pheasant which is an upmarket bird you can be Posh.:wah:...

Just need to cast sporty and scarey....:thinking:Jimbo and yzgi??? koan and spot??? carolly and Gill??? sheryl and wonderwendy??? giggle and kinks?? :wah:
grh

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by grh »

spot;770703 wrote: Oh look. There's a diseased spider crawling slowly across my desk. At least there's something on the planet than which I am more likeable.

Isn't this a poll kinda question? :D

And quit being a crybaby, spot. I only tease those i like:p

rambo
Pheasy

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Pheasy »

Chezzie;770720 wrote: hmmmmm think cos im the youngest (in mind) I could be baby and cos your a pheasant which is an upmarket bird you can be Posh.:wah:...

Just need to cast sporty and scarey....:thinking:Jimbo and yzgi??? koan and spot??? carolly and Gill??? sheryl and wonderwendy??? giggle and kinks?? :wah:

Good plan :wah: I'm of to google them :sneaky:
WonderWendy3

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Chezzie;770720 wrote: hmmmmm think cos im the youngest (in mind) I could be baby and cos your a pheasant which is an upmarket bird you can be Posh.:wah:...

I want to be scarey...grrrr

see how scarey I am??:wah:
Pheasy

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Pheasy »

I just had to :sneaky:
weeder

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by weeder »

It took me weeks to get over the shock oh hearing that my friend in Georgia had committed suicide. I kept thinking what could have possibly upset her, or hurt her to the point of not wanting to live anymore. Suicide is always an unexpected but much needed reminder of how fragile human beings really are.

The person portrayed on the outside, so often is not a reflection of who they are inside. Its very interesting to listen to people. You can pick up so many clues telling you who they really are, by just a word or two dropped.

Things that have hurt them deeply, or have left them feeling frightened, alone or confused. Psychologists say that indifference is the treatment that has the potential to hurt us the most. I have always found ridicule to be right up there with indifference. But then, I guess its easy to laugh, when we are having a good day. I have been so fortunate to have engaged with people most often in my life, who care about the feelings of others. But then, I did choose these companions, and discard the rest. The heartless, the mean, and the vindictive have really never had much to offer.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Carolly

REDGLITTER - she's GONE

Post by Carolly »

weeder;770736 wrote: It took me weeks to get over the shock oh hearing that my friend in Georgia had committed suicide. I kept thinking what could have possibly upset her, or hurt her to the point of not wanting to live anymore. Suicide is always an unexpected but much needed reminder of how fragile human beings really are.

The person portrayed on the outside, so often is not a reflection of who they are inside. Its very interesting to listen to people. You can pick up so many clues telling you who they really are, by just a word or two dropped.

Things that have hurt them deeply, or have left them feeling frightened, alone or confused. Psychologists say that indifference is the treatment that has the potential to hurt us the most. I have always found ridicule to be right up there with indifference. But then, I guess its easy to laugh, when we are having a good day. I have been so fortunate to have engaged with people most often in my life, who care about the feelings of others. But then, I did choose these companions, and discard the rest. The heartless, the mean, and the vindictive have really never had much to offer.So well said ..........................

Return to “General Chit Chat”