ok, why??

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Wolverine

ok, why??

Post by Wolverine »

this is a question for the men of FG. ladies you can chime in, but i seriously doubt that you will have much input.

a majority of the men i work with pee in a weird fashion. (just go with me on this)

when i pee, i step up to the urinal, unzip my fly, whip it out and go.

a large majority of the men at work have an extra step:

they undo their belt and unbutton their slacks too.

WHY???:confused:

now if you're gonna have "a sit down" it makes sense. But if all you're doing is wizzing, why undo your pants? and risk them falling down??

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

grh

ok, why??

Post by grh »

maybe your average guy needs more maneuver room then you apparently do sweetie.

that's not a bad thing... really it's not;)
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

:yh_glasse

rambo
YZGI

ok, why??

Post by YZGI »

Maybe, like me they are wearing 501 button ups and its easier to rebutton with the belt undone..
Chezzie

ok, why??

Post by Chezzie »

Wolverine;767846 wrote: this is a question for the men of FG. ladies you can chime in, but i seriously doubt that you will have much input.

a majority of the men i work with pee in a weird fashion. (just go with me on this)

now if you're gonna have "a sit down" it makes sense. But if all you're doing is wizzing, why undo your pants? and risk them falling down??

I refuse to discuss "slacks":lips::lips::wah::wah:
Chezzie

ok, why??

Post by Chezzie »

YZGI;767856 wrote: Maybe, like me they are wearing 501 button ups and its easier to rebutton with the belt undone..

did you mean 501 pull ups YZGI????:wah::wah::wah:
littlemissgiggle

ok, why??

Post by littlemissgiggle »

ok now its the toilet humor :wah:
YZGI

ok, why??

Post by YZGI »

I also have a fear of zipping myself up and having to immediately go to the hospital for penis-zipper extraction. Yes it has happened before.:o
Wolverine

ok, why??

Post by Wolverine »

grh;767852 wrote: maybe your average guy needs more maneuver room then you apparently do sweetie.

that's not a bad thing... really it's not;)

yeah, leave it to you to insult my manhood. thanks. Witch.

WonderWendy3

ok, why??

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Oh this is a great one!! I need popcorn...who is making it???
Wolverine

ok, why??

Post by Wolverine »

YZGI;767856 wrote: Maybe, like me they are wearing 501 button ups and its easier to rebutton with the belt undone..

no, dress is business casual. no jeans.

i just don't get it.

YZGI

ok, why??

Post by YZGI »

Wolverine;767870 wrote: no, dress is business casual. no jeans.

i just don't get it.
Zipper fear my friend

ZIPPER FEAR!!!!
Sheryl

ok, why??

Post by Sheryl »

Wolverine;767846 wrote: this is a question for the men of FG. ladies you can chime in, but i seriously doubt that you will have much input.

it's kinda creepy that you know your fellow men's routines in the bathroom :thinking:
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
grh

ok, why??

Post by grh »

Sheryl;767874 wrote: it's kinda creepy that you know your fellow men's routines in the bathroom :thinking:

Excellent point! Perhaps they are just filling time until the gawkers have moved on... is that a possibility?:D
Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!

rambo

ok, why??

Post by 911 »

Maybe they have really big hands and their zippers are too short to just reach and extract.

Of course, that would also mean. . . .:wah::wah:
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Pheasy

ok, why??

Post by Pheasy »

YZGI;767872 wrote: Zipper fear my friend

ZIPPER FEAR!!!!

You poor thing ..
dubs

ok, why??

Post by dubs »

If I walked in that john and the guys had their belts undone. I'd be looking to see if George Michael was around...;)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
littlemissgiggle

ok, why??

Post by littlemissgiggle »

i have learn't something new already, guys have zipper fear,

hehe :wah:

this is going to be a great thread for us girls ;)
grh

ok, why??

Post by grh »

I can tell ya the absolute answer if you are prepared for it.

You grew up on a farm. Everywhere was potential bathroom. So, you just whip it out ..shake it off and stuff it back in, barely breaking stride..sometimes not even bothering to rezip.:thinking:

The city kids on the other hand, are routinely discouraged by their mothers from doing the same in the neighbors yard. So while training the young city boy, moms run them into the house unbuckle the belt and undo the buttons. Then the boy is praised...:-6

Damn I'm good!:rolleyes:

rambo
Wolverine

ok, why??

Post by Wolverine »

Sheryl;767874 wrote: it's kinda creepy that you know your fellow men's routines in the bathroom :thinking:

oh fer CRIPE'S sake!!!

shut the **** up. both of you. jeeez. it was a legitimate question.

and i'm not "looking" at my colleagues. when i finish i zip up and wash my hands. the guy next to me, i can hear him buckling his belt back up.

YZGI

ok, why??

Post by YZGI »

I agree. There is something mystic about peeing outside for guys..:D
dubs

ok, why??

Post by dubs »

littlemissgiggle;767902 wrote: i have learn't something new already, guys have zipper fear,

hehe :wah:

this is going to be a great thread for us girls ;)

Giggler, do not keep on with the Z word........*shudder*

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Sheryl

ok, why??

Post by Sheryl »

ohh then definatly has to be floppy's farm boy vs. city boy theory :D
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Wolverine

ok, why??

Post by Wolverine »

dubs;767901 wrote: If I walked in that john and the guys had their belts undone. I'd be looking to see if George Michael was around...;)

EXACTLY!!!

thankyou

Wolverine

ok, why??

Post by Wolverine »

grh;767905 wrote: I can tell ya the absolute answer if you are prepared for it.

You grew up on a farm. Everywhere was potential bathroom. So, you just whip it out ..shake it off and stuff it back in, barely breaking stride..sometimes not even bothering to rezip.:thinking:

The city kids on the other hand, are routinely discouraged by their mothers from doing the same in the neighbors yard. So while training the young city boy, moms run them into the house unbuckle the belt and undo the buttons. Then the boy is praised...:-6

you are good.

Chezzie

ok, why??

Post by Chezzie »

I will now enlighten you with Considerations When Using a Public Urinal.

Consideration #1: Other men

When one approaches a urinal where there is already one man, or more in urino, one must weigh up the best position to assume at the urinal. Let’s take the common example of where there is one man already at the urinal. The correct approach is not to get as far away as possible from the other person but merely to assume a position which leaves a safe distance. This is a personal space issue. If a man goes off and huddle in the corner and turns as much of his back as possible to other users, this appears as though he has something to hide or is insecure in some way about any number of things to do with his privates.

The idea is to assume a position which leaves enough room for fellow users, while asserting and assuming your own amount of personal space. The boundaries of this personal space are, of course, invisible and will contract as the number of simultaneous users increases. A slight shuffle to the side is a gesture of camaraderie that any man can, and should, make towards fellow men in need of relief.

Another aspect of the personal space issue to take into account is that of intentional intimidation. The antithesis of the fellow who hides in a corner is the man who deliberately stands too close to a fellow user, invading his personal space, using whatever means, be they size (of body or body part), dress (better, cooler, rougher as the situation entails) or ego (which can be proportional to alcohol intake), in order to make the other man feel nervous. This is not limited to rough pubs, as might be assumed, but has its roots in the age-old tradition of high-school bullying.

#2: Urinal size

Some public urinals, particularly those in small offices, really have a capacity of no more than two pisseurs. Some are made to fit in whatever space was left when the facilities were designed and have a capacity of 1.5 average men: two men could conceivably fit there but the personal space issues presented by such urinals usually mean that only a single man can use the facility at one time, taking up all the room available, while any subsequent arrivals are consigned to the cubicle (and whether to close the door for a stand-up job is a whole other essay). Men should not feel intimidated when another user is present at a two-man urinal as the above advice applies: the personal space decreases within the parameters of the facility as the number of users increases. So it’s all good and well to enjoy the space if available but a man who expects others to use the cubicle just because he’s standing there is being rather selfish.

Larger urinals mean more choice. The basic concept applies that if there are other users present, any newcomers should occupy the largest vacancy, thereby minimising any encroachment on others’ personal space. The myth that men try to get as far away as possible from other men probably came about because of the fact that if one assumes a position at the end of a urinal, there will never be the chance that any more than one ‘neighbour’ will be present during a visit. Men who assume an end position have half the concern of having their personal space impinged upon. The flip side to this is that there is nowhere left to move should another man try to intimidate . A way to counter this is to leave a buffer between oneself and the end, giving some shuffle space should someone enter the urinal mid-stream and occupy the vacant position.

Consideration #3: Direction of flow

An all-too-often neglected consideration is the fall of the base of the urinal leading to the drain. The discerning gentleman will choose a position upstream so he doesn’t have to look down and see other men’s expelled liquids gushing by. Moreover, the closer a man stands to the drain, the higher his chances of this happening. While sanitation standards in western countries minimise any risk to public health in this situation, the idea of overseeing and being exposed to multiple currents is less than savoury.

Most urinals flow from one side to another. In order to minimise exposure to others’ flows it’s a simple matter of assuming a position at the opposite end to the drain. Some urinals have a central drain, in which case either end is considered safe. Other, particularly long urinals have a drain at either end and a central apex. In such cases, choosing an end as the safest place to stand may have unexpected and unwelcome consequences. Choosing to stand in the middle of a 5+ metre-long urinal when one person is already at an end will not abuse his right to personal space, further dispelling the ‘take-an-end-at-all-costs’ myth.

So, there you have it. Not rocket science but perhaps more to it than you previously thought. Happy pissing.

grh

ok, why??

Post by grh »

fuzzy butt;767917 wrote: Yep ..................:wah:trying to pee down an ant hill hole. but lets face it guys if you can't get it into a hole as big as a toilet ..............you've got no hope of flooding out an ant hill.

and speaking of holes they have trouble finding...:rolleyes:

ya know guys, it's not like it's in a different place on each model.. I mean seriously, sometimes it's like you are determined to drill right through the hip joint.. and a subtle 'that aint it' just seems to make you more determined to prove it is!

This falls back on that old 'asking for directions thing' doesn't it? :p

rambo
WonderWendy3

ok, why??

Post by WonderWendy3 »

YZGI;767909 wrote: I agree. There is something mystic about peeing outside for guys..:D

So, this means my kids aren't gonna get raped by George Michael right???:rolleyes:
Wolverine

ok, why??

Post by Wolverine »

grh;767928 wrote: and speaking of holes they have trouble finding...:rolleyes:

ya know guys, it's not like it's in a different place on each model.. I mean seriously, sometimes it's like you are determined to drill right through the hip joint.. and a subtle 'that aint it' just seems to make you more determined to prove it is!

This falls back on that old 'asking for directions thing' doesn't it? :p

holy HELL, lady!!

Clearly you need a Farm Kid.

Pheasy

ok, why??

Post by Pheasy »

Chezzie;767923 wrote: I will now enlighten you with Considerations When Using a Public Urinal.

Consideration #1: Other men

When one approaches a urinal where there is already one man, or more in urino, one must weigh up the best position to assume at the urinal. Let’s take the common example of where there is one man already at the urinal. The correct approach is not to get as far away as possible from the other person but merely to assume a position which leaves a safe distance. This is a personal space issue. If a man goes off and huddle in the corner and turns as much of his back as possible to other users, this appears as though he has something to hide or is insecure in some way about any number of things to do with his privates.

The idea is to assume a position which leaves enough room for fellow users, while asserting and assuming your own amount of personal space. The boundaries of this personal space are, of course, invisible and will contract as the number of simultaneous users increases. A slight shuffle to the side is a gesture of camaraderie that any man can, and should, make towards fellow men in need of relief.

Another aspect of the personal space issue to take into account is that of intentional intimidation. The antithesis of the fellow who hides in a corner is the man who deliberately stands too close to a fellow user, invading his personal space, using whatever means, be they size (of body or body part), dress (better, cooler, rougher as the situation entails) or ego (which can be proportional to alcohol intake), in order to make the other man feel nervous. This is not limited to rough pubs, as might be assumed, but has its roots in the age-old tradition of high-school bullying.

#2: Urinal size

Some public urinals, particularly those in small offices, really have a capacity of no more than two pisseurs. Some are made to fit in whatever space was left when the facilities were designed and have a capacity of 1.5 average men: two men could conceivably fit there but the personal space issues presented by such urinals usually mean that only a single man can use the facility at one time, taking up all the room available, while any subsequent arrivals are consigned to the cubicle (and whether to close the door for a stand-up job is a whole other essay). Men should not feel intimidated when another user is present at a two-man urinal as the above advice applies: the personal space decreases within the parameters of the facility as the number of users increases. So it’s all good and well to enjoy the space if available but a man who expects others to use the cubicle just because he’s standing there is being rather selfish.

Larger urinals mean more choice. The basic concept applies that if there are other users present, any newcomers should occupy the largest vacancy, thereby minimising any encroachment on others’ personal space. The myth that men try to get as far away as possible from other men probably came about because of the fact that if one assumes a position at the end of a urinal, there will never be the chance that any more than one ‘neighbour’ will be present during a visit. Men who assume an end position have half the concern of having their personal space impinged upon. The flip side to this is that there is nowhere left to move should another man try to intimidate . A way to counter this is to leave a buffer between oneself and the end, giving some shuffle space should someone enter the urinal mid-stream and occupy the vacant position.

Consideration #3: Direction of flow

An all-too-often neglected consideration is the fall of the base of the urinal leading to the drain. The discerning gentleman will choose a position upstream so he doesn’t have to look down and see other men’s expelled liquids gushing by. Moreover, the closer a man stands to the drain, the higher his chances of this happening. While sanitation standards in western countries minimise any risk to public health in this situation, the idea of overseeing and being exposed to multiple currents is less than savoury.

Most urinals flow from one side to another. In order to minimise exposure to others’ flows it’s a simple matter of assuming a position at the opposite end to the drain. Some urinals have a central drain, in which case either end is considered safe. Other, particularly long urinals have a drain at either end and a central apex. In such cases, choosing an end as the safest place to stand may have unexpected and unwelcome consequences. Choosing to stand in the middle of a 5+ metre-long urinal when one person is already at an end will not abuse his right to personal space, further dispelling the ‘take-an-end-at-all-costs’ myth.

So, there you have it. Not rocket science but perhaps more to it than you previously thought. Happy pissing.

Cripes! I was interested ... not that interested :D
Wolverine

ok, why??

Post by Wolverine »

WonderWendy3;767949 wrote: So, this means my kids aren't gonna get raped by George Michael right???:rolleyes:

i think you should worry more about Michael Jackson. George Michael like grown-ups

sunny104

ok, why??

Post by sunny104 »

dang it! :-5 I always miss all the good threads! :D :wah:
KB.

ok, why??

Post by KB. »

grh;767905 wrote: I can tell ya the absolute answer if you are prepared for it.

I think this is closer to the truth than anything. I never would have thought it until it was said. I will take a **** anywhere. I prefer to go outside if the option is available. Call me backwards I just enjoy the freedom of not having to drop trou(ser).
Life ain't linear.
grh

ok, why??

Post by grh »

So, is this gonna be my claim to fame? :-5

They'll be standing around my casket one day and someone will point out that although i don't have much of a legacy to leave behind... no great strides in the medical or scientific community.. wasn't a great cook or mother...

but...

she did solve that one riddle that had baffled mankind for centuries...:rolleyes::D

rambo
sunny104

ok, why??

Post by sunny104 »

but wouldn't it depend on what kind of underpants the guy has on? I mean if they're those tight little...I forgot what I was going to say....oh, yes! If they're those tight little briefs for instance isn't it harder to try and get...um...access by just going thru the zipper?? :)

this question is purely for scientific purposes, of course.....:yh_glasse

:D :wah:
sunny104

ok, why??

Post by sunny104 »

I guess Scottish men have it the easiest, wearing kilts would simplify everything! :wah:
WonderWendy3

ok, why??

Post by WonderWendy3 »

This reminded me of a story, so everyone gather around and get comfy....

A long time ago, when my kids were little (many moons ago)....we were involved in a program called Awana with our church....and for those not familiar with the program, it is for the children and they learn bible verses, have lessons and there is a game time as well. Well, the game time thing is a big deal and there comes a time in the year that the churches that have Awana in their church compete against another....so one year, we were in Richmond competing against a church.

Now, please keep in mind that my kids are country boys, only 5-6 at the time and my ex used to show by example how fortunate we were to live in the country, so they learned this from him!!:-5

So, we go with our church and we compete, have a great time....and afterwards we all go to McDonalds....which is a couple miles away, so we are all following each other....my youngest (5 at the time) jumps out of my van, and runs to the bush and runs to the opposite side of the parking lot of the bushes so "no one will see him".....and does his thing....of course I am running after him and it was too late by the time I got there, he had already finished, and un-beknownst to him....he was facing the main street in Richmond and many more travelers got more than what they expected by driving to the mall that Saturday!!:wah::wah:

The fun part, was my "church friends" laughing so hard, because they saw him doing it before ME!!!!
Carolly

ok, why??

Post by Carolly »

I cant believe what Im reading:wah::wah:gawd and they fink Im bad:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”