Web worries after suicide spate

A forum to discuss local issues in Wales.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Seven young kids have commited suicide in one town in Wales UK over the last year.

It seems that although some of the kids were friends the one thing they all had in common was that they all spent quite a lot of time on the bebo site.

If I was a parent in Bridgend, South Wales I would be very scared!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7204172.stm
spot

Post by spot »

How on earth does clustering around one town have anything at all to do with the Internet? Clustering among the membership of a given site maybe, but local to one town in Wales? What drivel. This is a pressure group distastefully hanging their agenda onto an unrelated tragedy, they should be ashamed of themselves.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
guppy

Post by guppy »

spot;762743 wrote: How on earth does clustering around one town have anything at all to do with the Internet? Clustering among the membership of a given site maybe, but local to one town in Wales? What drivel. This is a pressure group distastefully hanging their agenda onto an unrelated tragedy, they should be ashamed of themselves.

spot, are you pmsing?:p
spot

Post by spot »

guppy;762746 wrote: spot, are you pmsing?:p

Damn right I am! What's the world coming to?

The next story along on the BBC website is Dog leash goths 'hounded off bus' which is equally insane. Bus company insists girl removes leash before boarding bus? I bet they don't make the same demand if it's a dog, and they claim their reason's one of safety if the bus brakes sharply. Rubbish, it's prejudice. My daughter wore a studded collar just like that when she was thirteen, it's quite unremarkable.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

Post by abbey »

spot;762750 wrote: Damn right I am! What's the world coming to?

The next story along on the BBC website is Dog leash goths 'hounded off bus' which is equally insane. Bus company insists girl removes leash before boarding bus? I bet they don't make the same demand if it's a dog, and they claim their reason's one of safety if the bus brakes sharply. Rubbish, it's prejudice. My daughter wore a studded collar just like that when she was thirteen, it's quite unremarkable.

I wonder if she got on the bus on all fours? :-2
guppy

Post by guppy »

abbey;762753 wrote:

i wonder does she prefer sex doggy style...;)
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

abbey;762753 wrote:

If that was my daughter (or son for that matter) I would have a raging fit.
spot

Post by spot »

ThePheasant;762756 wrote: If that was my daughter (or son for that matter) I would have a raging fit.Surely that's at least part of the point, to see who has a raging fit? It often accounts for the way I dress too.
abbey

Post by abbey »

spot;762757 wrote: Surely that's at least part of the point, to see who has a raging fit? It often accounts for the way I dress too.Absolutly, I think we can all say we've dressed to shock at some time in our lives.
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Knee-jerk bandwagonning from the press and MP's doesn't hide the fact that Bridgend is a small town - so people are more than likely to have known each other BEFORE going off to BeBo.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I don't mind dressing to shock - but she on a collar and leash !!! Thats just implying all sorts of stuff - blowing my mind away :wah:
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

ThePheasant;762762 wrote: I don't mind dressing to shock - but she on a collar and leash !!! Thats just implying all sorts of stuff - blowing my mind away :wah:

black and white pedigree bitch, needs to be kept on a tight leash but loves her walks?
spot

Post by spot »

ThePheasant;762762 wrote: I don't mind dressing to shock - but she on a collar and leash !!! Thats just implying all sorts of stuff - blowing my mind away :wah:

I went out wearing my Captain Jack outfit this afternoon, that's far worse.
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I guess it would save having an extra key cut for her late nights out ....

Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

spot;762766 wrote: I went out wearing my Captain Jack outfit this afternoon, that's far worse.

Now that I could live with .... do you have photos :yh_drool

abbey

Post by abbey »

spot;762766 wrote: I went out wearing my Captain Jack outfit this afternoon, that's far worse.Did'nt you look a little conspicuous? ;)

spot

Post by spot »

abbey;762769 wrote: Did'nt you look a little conspicuous? ;)

Good lord... not THAT Captain Jack!

Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

spot;762797 wrote: Good lord... not THAT Captain Jack!

:wah::wah:
abbey

Post by abbey »

spot;762797 wrote: Good lord... not THAT Captain Jack!

mmm..... Think I prefer the other one! ;)
abbey

Post by abbey »

Bugger off pheasy :wah:
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

abbey;762804 wrote: Bugger off pheasy :wah:

:-1:-1
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

abbey

Post by abbey »

ThePheasant;762810 wrote: :-1:-1Awwwwwwwww come here
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

I just wanted to play with Captain Jack ... you big meany Abbey

abbey

Post by abbey »

ThePheasant;762817 wrote: I just wanted to play with Captain Jack ... you big meany Abbey

I'm sorry........
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

abbey;762825 wrote: I'm sorry........

:wah: just copying my kids .... bless em :-4
abbey

Post by abbey »

ThePheasant;762830 wrote: :wah: just copying my kids .... bless em :-4:rolleyes:

Copycat

.. :D
weeder

Post by weeder »

I often go out on the street in the morning.... in a terry cloth robe, hair sticking up, cigarette dangling from my lips... in thongs. Usually to get something from the truck. I get a kick out of shaking up the otherwise dead neighborhood. And I wonder why, I dont get any dates??:confused:

Thank God, Ive never been photographed. ' Disorientated yankee woman, tries to flee the south, in robe and thongs" Turns back, because of cold.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Pheasy

Post by Pheasy »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

weeder;763086 wrote: I often go out on the street in the morning.... in a terry cloth robe, hair sticking up, cigarette dangling from my lips... in thongs. Usually to get something from the truck. I get a kick out of shaking up the otherwise dead neighborhood. And I wonder why, I dont get any dates??:confused:

Thank God, Ive never been photographed. ' Disorientated yankee woman, tries to flee the south, in robe and thongs" Turns back, because of cold.

:wah::wah::wah: Thongs are underwear here Weeder, when I read that i thought your one talented lass:wah:
Dynabertawe

Post by Dynabertawe »

18 dead now.......

Return to “Wales”