The most terrifying video you'll ever see

drumbunny1

Post by drumbunny1 »

Anybody watch this yet? Hes good! :) He calls it "The most terrifying video you'll ever see" Is he right?
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Thats a good description of why we shouldn't just ignore this. A good conscious raising exercise there I think. I will pass it on.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
spot

Post by spot »

Greg may be the first high school science teacher to hit four million views on Youtube, that's quite impressive.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I noticed that as well, and I even understood what he was saying, powerful. ;)

[QUOTE]Greg may be the first high school science teacher to hit four million views on Youtube, that's quite impressive.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

The Rob

Post by The Rob »

Simple and concise.
drumbunny1

Post by drumbunny1 »

spot;757168 wrote: Greg may be the first high school science teacher to hit four million views on Youtube, that's quite impressive.

Ha! You are probably right Spot!:) He looks like he's a pretty good teacher at that.

Theres so many different theories about global warming, can we deny that global warming is even happening? I like the way this guy put it though, true this concept can be used with just about any issue.....but like he said, the outcome if we don't do anything about it is quite scary!
spot

Post by spot »

It's rather like programming chess where you weight the pieces. The objective in chess is firstly not to lose, losing is an extinction event. You weight your king with an infinite valuation. Losing the king is worse than any other outcome.

If and only if you have a play path that allows you to guarantee the safety of your king does the secondary objective of chess come into consideration, which is winning the game.

There can be very few people who would regard human extinction as an acceptable outcome. It's the main reason I regard the permanent sustainable colonization of other planets as the prime demand on the total economic resources the planet still has left. Putting that off increases the timespan that the king's at risk in this game.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
drumbunny1

Post by drumbunny1 »

I think its more like "Global Climate change" rather than warming...
theia

Post by theia »

fuzzy butt;757418 wrote: Well I'm not sure about that . This teacher seems to be mincing words . He says change but he also talks about a rise in degrees of 1 degree. which in essence is a warming up not coolin down , not 'change' but 'warming'. then he goes on to say how that sudden degree ( is it celcius or farenheit?) "changes" things within our atmosphere.?????????

So if this individual can tell me exactly what is going to 'change' I'll be more appreciative of the news. Apparently our droughts are going to be longer and the el nina will be shorter? Now does anyone have any proof or numbers or stats for this?

He is certainly very clever with words and presenting his argument. But I'm still not convinced one way or the other, although he would probably deny that he was trying to convince anyone :-3
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
freetobeme

Post by freetobeme »

The world has always cycled and changed, always will - the question is - how much can 'man' do to stop it or slow it down. IMHO, not much. This is not to say we shouldn't stop pollution etc. we should, but the worst environmental problem is over population.
senior's politics and discussion
hoxtonchris

Post by hoxtonchris »

tried to watch but it keeps "freezing"so i give up grrrrrrr
spot

Post by spot »

hoxtonchris;757453 wrote: tried to watch but it keeps "freezing"so i give up grrrrrrr

It snowed here yesterday as well!
drumbunny1

Post by drumbunny1 »

theia;757423 wrote: He is certainly very clever with words and presenting his argument. But I'm still not convinced one way or the other, although he would probably deny that he was trying to convince anyone :-3

True that!!! See, I'm on the fence about the "global warming" issue, there has been proof to support both sides of the argument....but I do like how he simplified it. He makes a good point about the extremes of what can happen if we do something about it or if we don't.....I just hope to god column B does NOT happen...what really is scary is how fast these "experts" predict this could happen....but what I'm asking is What if there is a global catasrophe and we can do nothing about it? No matter how much money we put into saving the planet? I mean the earth has been here long before we ever were! Maybe we're just a fluke in the whole design and the planet is going to change whether we want it to or not!
drumbunny1

Post by drumbunny1 »

spot;757458 wrote: It snowed here yesterday as well!

Is that normal for it snow there? This winter on the Oregon coast has been especially cold....it snowed on the beach last week! But this HAS happend before ofcourse!:) Its quite an awesome sight!
spot

Post by spot »

drumbunny1;757583 wrote: Is that normal for it snow there? This winter on the Oregon coast has been especially cold....it snowed on the beach last week! But this HAS happend before ofcourse!:) Its quite an awesome sight!

About one year in three. When I was a lad I used to battle through drifts five feet deep and push buses up hills to get across the moors to and from school. Things aren't what they were.
drumbunny1

Post by drumbunny1 »

spot;757590 wrote: About one year in three. When I was a lad I used to battle through drifts five feet deep and push buses up hills to get across the moors to and from school. Things aren't what they were.
With no shoes on right? :D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Best argument for measured reaction Ive heard yet. The only one I can think of that would find that unreasonable is Rush Limbaugh and his ditto heads.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Conservation The Environment”