Australian bands

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
drumbunny1

Australian bands

Post by drumbunny1 »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE ACDC and INXS...whats with you Aussies naming bands with just letters?:D Anyways...I was just a little girl when INXS came out and I had the BIGGEST crush on the lead singer....Michael Hutchison is it? Anyways I just thought he was the hottest thing since sliced bread!:-4
spot

Australian bands

Post by spot »

The greatest spine-tingle I get from any Australian group (and I bet it's a NZ group really!) is from Roaring Jack. I've seen Alistair Hulett several times on stage and he's (despite other opinions to the contrary) magnificent.

eta: okay, Roaring Jack really is Sydney Australian, not NZ - I just checked. I've no idea why I had that in my mind, it was from way back.

Here's another of his songs about Australian politics, "In the days of '49", with Dave Swarbrick on the violin.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Music”