Pubic hair

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

I've asked this at other forums and the responses seem to vary by age groups. We're pretty well spread out in ages here, so this should be interesting.

I've been wondering why current popular opinion finds it so utterly disgusting for women to have pubic hair. Personally, I think it's kind of creepy that so many men, for example, prefer their female lovers to be hair free... like prepubescent children. That's just me though, I'm kind of old fashioned.:o
RedGlitter

Pubic hair

Post by RedGlitter »

I don't know what the deal is. I could see a necessary trim here and there but you know, I shave my legs, my underams, I wax my upper lip, and tweeze my eyebrows. I'll be hotdamned if I'm going to take it to a further extreme. I am as I am. :cool:
abbey

Pubic hair

Post by abbey »

Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

Nobody sees me pubes but me anyway. :D

I had a dorm neighbor when I was in the military and god knows why or how, but she had pubic hair growing halfway down her inner thighs... and she didn't shave! You should've seen her in shorts. :-3
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

abbey;748845 wrote:

Got something stuck in your throat, Abbey? :wah:
RedGlitter

Pubic hair

Post by RedGlitter »

Snooze;748847 wrote: Nobody sees me pubes but me anyway. :D

I had a dorm neighbor when I was in the military and god knows why or how, but she had pubic hair growing halfway down her inner thighs... and she didn't shave! You should've seen her in shorts. :-3

Okay that might necessitate a little snippage or a once over with a Lady Schick. I can't believe I'm in this thread but I am so I'll press on. Here's what I don't get:

Taint waxing.

You know what I mean. That along with ass waxing. Who in the heck is going to go to the poor person in the salon and actually expect them to perform that procedure? Do it at home! Have some respect for others. And what kind of sadist enjoys getting paid to rip that out anyway? I don't want to be seeing that. I never worked in a salon where that was offered, thank God, I had enough disgust with pedicures!!
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

What's taint waxing... is that like a Brazilian? (I only know that from watching Sex and the City) ;)
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

AngelEyes82;748890 wrote: yeah i shave there.. it's umm bald. :wah:

That's because you're young... us old farts seem to think it's kind of... um... ick.:o
abbey

Pubic hair

Post by abbey »

Snooze;748851 wrote: Got something stuck in your throat, Abbey? :wah:Not in a while snooze, I prefer my men shaved. :D
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

That's kind of the point of this... different viewpoints. Why and when did women feel they needed to start getting rid of pubic hair? I could see a nice trim, but why complete baldness?
RedGlitter

Pubic hair

Post by RedGlitter »

Snooze;748893 wrote: What's taint waxing... is that like a Brazilian? (I only know that from watching Sex and the City) ;)

"Taint"...that place between vagina and rectum....it ain't either one so it's known as the "taint."
Chezzie

Pubic hair

Post by Chezzie »

Some ancient Middle Eastern societies instigated a bridal ritual in which brides had all their body hair, except for their eyebrows and the hair on their head, removed by the bridal party. Once married, the bride was expected to maintain her hairless body throughout her marriage as a symbol of cleanliness and respect for her husband: a practice that is still prevalent amongst certain Lebanese, Palestinian, Turkish and Egyptian societies. Artistic renditions of male and female nudity in ancient Greece and Rome indicate that the removal of pubic hair was not uncommon. Many ancient Greeks associated a smooth, hairless private region as a mark of the "civilized."

I have always claimed to be civilized:)
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

abbey;748902 wrote: Not in a while snooze, I prefer my men shaved. :D

Plucked chicken, huh? Ba-gok!:lips:
abbey

Pubic hair

Post by abbey »

I tried plucking once. :eek:

Never again!
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

Nope, I like men with a little fur... but no back hair!
suzycreamcheese

Pubic hair

Post by suzycreamcheese »

I shave myself, but i wouldnt want my man shaved. Body hair on men is sexy :-4
Chezzie

Pubic hair

Post by Chezzie »

I was always against hair on men till I met hubby and I grew to like it. Hes not over hairy and its quite light in colour. He doesnt have dead hairy arms,legs and bum but a hairy chest and some on his back....cos I love him, I love that too :-4:-4:-4
Chezzie

Pubic hair

Post by Chezzie »

wouldnt want a smooth meat n two veg though...prefer it with gravy baby:wah:
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

suzycreamcheese;748944 wrote: I shave myself, but i wouldnt want my man shaved. Body hair on men is sexy :-4

Absolutely! That little trail of love (the thread of hair from his bellybutton to his genitals) is gorgeous.
Chezzie

Pubic hair

Post by Chezzie »

Snooze;748962 wrote: Absolutely! That little trail of love (the thread of hair from his bellybutton to his genitals) is gorgeous.

*quiver*
suzycreamcheese

Pubic hair

Post by suzycreamcheese »

i dunno,, I dont think its a case of that at all. I certainly dont look pre-pubescent even without hair down below and i dont think most women do either.

Its a small price to pay for encouraging all that oral action anyway ;) :p:wah:
Chezzie

Pubic hair

Post by Chezzie »

fuzzy butt;748969 wrote: Oh you guys have not let me down :wah:. Only here at forum garden would I find a thread like this .

Whether you shave or not is up to the individual whether it be for comfort dress code real or imagined or just plain cause everyone else does it.

what i have found interesting over the years is the number of men wanting grown adult women to look pre-pubescent in some areas of the body . I believe this is a worrying trend. I would want to know WHY a man would want a woman not to look like a woman?

Your pubic hairstyle is up to you. And just as each of us may favor a particular head hairdo on ourselves and our partners, so, too, might we like a certain look below the belt. There are also women and men who could care less, or don't think twice, about hair down there.

Pubic hair can vary by amount, color, texture, and coarseness. Some women grow the thickest bush in the forest, while others go "au natural," or prefer a little trim here and there.

Some of the women who choose to trim their pubic hair only do so on occasion or seasonally, like when they're wearing a bathing suit. Others prefer to have a neat "bikini line" all year round.

I dont think all men prefer the shaved look due to the "pre-pubescent" look but more to do with cleanliness and preference...As always with sex and body parts their are gonna be peeps who like it for that reason ( pre-pubescent ).
Carolly

Pubic hair

Post by Carolly »

I cant believe this conversation:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
laneybug

Pubic hair

Post by laneybug »

Well, here's my contribution.

I trim, but I have hair. I tried the whole shaving it all off thing and it just didn't make me feel that sexy. I want to look like a grown woman, not a little girl. As for the cleanliness issue. Sure, not having any hair may seem more clean. But, it's also called taking a shower and washing every day.

What other people do with their pubic hair is completely up to them and not for me to question. I have my own opinions for what I want to do with it, but I'm not going to extend them to what everyone else should do.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
Sheryl

Pubic hair

Post by Sheryl »

both being shaved makes for some great sensations during the deed. :o
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Snooze

Pubic hair

Post by Snooze »

So does both being hirsute.
WonderWendy3

Pubic hair

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I voted for Bush!:D:D

:o:o

:wah::wah:
watermark

Pubic hair

Post by watermark »

:wah: I agree with Fuzzy butt and Carolly wow what a topic! This is why I find garden forum to be almost otherworldly:wah:

I will comment on this because I'm not one to be in the know about what is the trend with sexual stuff. I don't mean that I don't pick up on what's being tossed around societally but that I'm no expert.

First I'll say I believe most men prefer less than more pubical growth (gawd 'pubic hair' is such a derogatory term imo). It's rather ironic that I hadn't picked this up, not only because my ex never mentioned anything to me but because I always thought the reverse about myself haha. I always considered having thick hair below was a status symbol only because it meant that I had thick hair on my head ya know? Like I though it meant something, I wouldn't be the woman to go bald (forbidden in my book of aesthetics haha).

To add to my opinion on this I also had an experience when I was first getting pubical coverage (approx age 13) and I met a woman where I was vacationing and she shared with us that it was never excepted to cut, shave, wax, get rid of, any of this content, that it was a NATURAL part of us women. She was from France and was so easy and confident about her body, never had I seen women okay with their nude or scantily clad bodies. I seriously wanted to be this woman! :-2

The idea of fixing our womanly flaws is strange no doubt, but not uncommon in the USA (most likely inherited from our English [prudish] ancestors :-3 :wah:). Ever since then I had this notion that I wouldn't mess with what nature gave me. However I do agree with WonderWendy that shaven produces more sensation. I'm also inclined to think that vaginal smells are prone to remain on the hairier parts of the area. I do wish to notify the men that semen produces the most odorous problem out of all and that for me I'm not going to douche just because. Douching isn't good for vaginal flora and fauna. It strips away the good bacteria, just so you know.

Actually, all in all, I think it would depend on the guy if he thought hairless was more appealing than hairy (athough he'd have to realize I'd not be too keen on the idea and this could interfere with potential expression, if you all know what I mean, plus the fact that as soon as hair starts growing back in you have something akin to a man's facial hair before the shave, just saying).

That's my take on it. Personally it takes a lot more to make me not love the way I look, but for the men that just have a preference I'd say, there are a million of us in the sea, go find the one that suits you.

Erin
Sheryl

Pubic hair

Post by Sheryl »

I have this book called stripper's guide to getting naked. Not that I read it to become a stripper or anything, just found it interesting. Anyways, one of the tips in the book is that when washing and conditioning the hair on your head. You should also use the conditioner on the hair down below. It helps make it softer. :D

my son
WonderWendy3

Pubic hair

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sheryl;749106 wrote: I have this book called stripper's guide to getting naked. Not that I read it to become a stripper or anything, just found it interesting. Anyways, one of the tips in the book is that when washing and conditioning the hair on your head. You should also use the conditioner on the hair down below. It helps make it softer. :D

I used to put egg on my head for conditioning purposes....are you telling me I should scramble some eggs down there too????:wah::wah:

And I totally think you are going to be a great stripper one day!!!:wah:
Sheryl

Pubic hair

Post by Sheryl »

WonderWendy3;749114 wrote: I used to put egg on my head for conditioning purposes....are you telling me I should scramble some eggs down there too????:wah::wah:

And I totally think you are going to be a great stripper one day!!!:wah:

Yep, but have to come up with protective suit to protect me from the flying pennies!

And I wouldn't try the eggs, avocado maybe.

my son
RedGlitter

Pubic hair

Post by RedGlitter »

Erin, I love your post. I like how you word things. :)
watermark

Pubic hair

Post by watermark »

When I was in college I had a boyfriend who was put in jail for having pot in his posession and there he picked up the contagious pubis crabb, off the toilet or soap or whereever (honestly, I kid you not, this is his story). I subsequently got this crabb and was absolutely freaked out when I saw them crawling on my pubes and so I shaved off every last piece of hair. Well my boyfriend absolutely loved my crotch, he said. I was flabbergasted. Very strange how a man could pay more attention to my shaved crotch then to the fact he had been thrown in the slammer for an illegal substance. Oh well.

E
watermark

Pubic hair

Post by watermark »

RedGlitter;749121 wrote: Erin, I love your post. I like how you word things. :)

Thanks Red, that means a lot to me!
RedGlitter

Pubic hair

Post by RedGlitter »

watermark;749127 wrote: Thanks Red, that means a lot to me!

Thank *you* Erin! I'm glad! :-6
Hamster

Pubic hair

Post by Hamster »

abbey;748902 wrote: Not in a while snooze, I prefer my men shaved. :D

Oh damn that's good Abbey haha..
Challenges are opportunities in work clothes.
Nomad

Pubic hair

Post by Nomad »

Hamster;749371 wrote: Oh damn that's good Abbey haha..

Hey snookums ! Whats for breakfast, lettuce ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Chezzie

Pubic hair

Post by Chezzie »

oh me bad.....soo bad but not bad enuff...I chickened out .I best not......dont wanna get banned but hell it ends in allsorts :sneaky::D:D:D
WonderWendy3

Pubic hair

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Sheryl;749117 wrote: Yep, but have to come up with protective suit to protect me from the flying pennies!

And I wouldn't try the eggs, avocado maybe.

I thought she said flying penises and wondered why she needed protection? Well, duh....of course she would, but if they were flying at her....then well, nevermind.....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought this thread would get a little hairy, surprisingly enough......it was a short one...:-3:rolleyes::wah:
watermark

Pubic hair

Post by watermark »

Seriously you are all so funny and distracting. I've been in such a funk and everyone here seems to just lift me up!

Please no response necessary
joesoap

Pubic hair

Post by joesoap »

Not many blokes replying:confused:

I had all mine shaved off for the operation a few years ago and after everything settled afterwards I debated with myself as to if I should let it grow back. I could hide what was missing in the "undergrowth", but decided it was easier to wash after a pee without hair to get peed on and matted.
Chezzie

Pubic hair

Post by Chezzie »

joesoap;750987 wrote: Not many blokes replying:confused:

I had all mine shaved off for the operation a few years ago and after everything settled afterwards I debated with myself as to if I should let it grow back. I could hide what was missing in the "undergrowth", but decided it was easier to wash after a pee without hair to get peed on and matted.

ever thought of plaiting it or cute braids:wah::wah::wah: just joking heh heh
littlemissgiggle

Pubic hair

Post by littlemissgiggle »

I have tried pubes and clean shaven and I prefer clean shaven,

to me its sexy to see that nice clean line, although i don't have anyone to see it at

the moment but i do it for me.

:D

Return to “General Chit Chat”