Calling Pagan People!

Thoughts and discussions about New Age, Astrology, Gnosticism, Goddesses, Healing Arts, Humanism, Magic, Mysticism, Wicca, and more.
RedGlitter

Calling Pagan People!

Post by RedGlitter »

Hi. With all the religious talks going on at present, I was wondering how many members we have here who live under the pagan umbrella?? Have we other pagans, wiccans, druids here? I know we have Pinky and myself but I don't ever recall anyone else being one.

If you are, do you welcome questions from other members about your faith or do you prefer to keep it private? Myself, I am willing to answer any questions and willing to clear up misconceptions for the most part. Anyone else?
lemon_and_mint

Calling Pagan People!

Post by lemon_and_mint »

I cannot claim to be a believer of your religion, but parts of it speak to me, I don't know if that counts? (as do parts of several religions, without taking the whole - i think this may be the case with many people).

Maybe your poll needs another category - that of supporter.
Kathy Ellen

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Red,

I am not religious, guess you can call me an agnostic. Don't know much about pagans, wickens, etc...what's a good web site?
koan

Calling Pagan People!

Post by koan »

I'm an Hermeticist
koan

Calling Pagan People!

Post by koan »

I didn't vote as I'm confused as to why "pagan" is different from wicca or druid or "other". What is your definition for the purpose of the poll?

Hermeticists are considered pagan in that it is unorthodox, not one of the three main religions, and is considered polytheistic. Pagan is a very broad term. One definition is "worshipping false gods", which I doubt anyone who calls themselves pagan would agree with.
Chezzie

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Chezzie »

I just believe in myself:-6
lemon_and_mint

Calling Pagan People!

Post by lemon_and_mint »

Chezzie;748537 wrote: I just believe in myself:-6

can you see yourself in the mirror? that's how to be certain.:)
Chezzie

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Chezzie »

lemon_and_mint;748545 wrote: can you see yourself in the mirror? that's how to be certain.:)

sure can lemmy:)

Attached files
YZGI

Calling Pagan People!

Post by YZGI »

koan;748520 wrote: I didn't vote as I'm confused as to why "pagan" is different from wicca or druid or "other". What is your definition for the purpose of the poll?

Hermeticists are considered pagan in that it is unorthodox, not one of the three main religions, and is considered polytheistic. Pagan is a very broad term. One definition is "worshipping false gods", which I doubt anyone who calls themselves pagan would agree with.
So, do Hermy's dance naked under the light of the moon like pagans? If so I'm in...:cool:
RedGlitter

Calling Pagan People!

Post by RedGlitter »

Kathy Ellen;748459 wrote: Red,

I am not religious, guess you can call me an agnostic. Don't know much about pagans, wickens, etc...what's a good web site?

Kathy Ellen, I will go through my sites and find a couple for you. :)

koan;748520 wrote: I didn't vote as I'm confused as to why "pagan" is different from wicca or druid or "other". What is your definition for the purpose of the poll?

Thank you for that info. I am not that versed with Hermeticism and did not know it was considered a form of paganism. I'll happily look into that. Do you have any site in plain English that you recommend?

I put the choices as I did because one can be, say, pagan but not wiccan. I fall into that spot as I don't subscribe to the Goddess aspect and am pantheistic rather than polytheistic. I don't use the wiccan threefold law either for example. Or they can be druid but not necessarily pagan. or pagan but not "new age." I didn't want to confuse anyone and I'm not sure how to edit the poll or even if I can? But I do want to get a feel for who we have here even if the poll itself doesn't work we could scrap it and just discuss. :)
Carolly

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Carolly »

Our God is within us........sometimes we listen and sometimes we dont.We think we all have a conscience but I believe it is something deeper.To be a good person is whats important.....religion is man ,made and has caused wars and troubles throughout the world.To be able to help someone you dont know......to be able to care and even shed a tear for a total stranger is what matters.Your higher power is there and you have to grab the hand it holds out to you at times and listen to that voice in your heart.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Richard Bell

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Richard Bell »

I chose "other", based upon the assumption that "other" referred to other similar beliefs, rather than the usual big box religions.

I'm SubGenius , with Pagan tendencies.

Kinda like if the Three Stooges were Druids, rather than Jewish .
RedGlitter

Calling Pagan People!

Post by RedGlitter »

Richard Bell;748721 wrote: I chose "other", based upon the assumption that "other" referred to other similar beliefs, rather than the usual big box religions.

You were right Richard, that's how I meant "other." :)

It's taken me a long long time to actually be able to comprehend the Church of SubGenius. I never knew if it was a parody or serious or what. it's interesting, I think.
YZGI

Calling Pagan People!

Post by YZGI »

Richard Bell;748721 wrote: I chose "other", based upon the assumption that "other" referred to other similar beliefs, rather than the usual big box religions.

SubGenius? Thats not run by the Reverend Spot by chance is it?
Daveboy

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Daveboy »

Im a Pagan in as much as I dont follow any organised religion, (neither do I dance naked in the moonlight!!!)

My path (as opposed to religion) in life is Panthiesm, it is not a religion as there are no spirits or gods to worship

just the wonder of the Universe and all life.

I also believe in the law of attraction. I have received many things by meditating and asking the universe for

what I want.
larrygn

Calling Pagan People!

Post by larrygn »

Wait, you have all the demons of the anti-christ who will agree with any opinion you hold, as long as you do not acknowledge Jesus, the Ever Living Christ.
spot

Calling Pagan People!

Post by spot »

Oh dear. Intolerant propaganda.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Snooz

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Snooz »

Several years ago I was having a nice chat with the lady that did janitor work in our building and out of the blue she commented on how my earrings (a star on one ear, a crescent moon on the other) were my symbols of satan and how I would be punished for my ways. You just never know when a crazy is going to pop up in your life.
larrygn

Calling Pagan People!

Post by larrygn »

spot;1374456 wrote: Oh dear. Intolerant propaganda.

If there is one thing thqat we can agree on, it is that I am completely intolerable on any attack on Jesus, the Ever Living Christ, by those infested with the demons of satan. I seek the salvation of man, not his eternal damnation, and if you do not like that, tell your demon's tough!
flopstock

Calling Pagan People!

Post by flopstock »

SnoozeAgain;1374461 wrote: Several years ago I was having a nice chat with the lady that did janitor work in our building and out of the blue she commented on how my earrings (a star on one ear, a crescent moon on the other) were my symbols of satan and how I would be punished for my ways. You just never know when a crazy is going to pop up in your life.

I predict 3:30 my time today.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Snooz

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Snooz »

flopstock;1374467 wrote: I predict 3:30 my time today.

And then sometimes you do...
theia

Calling Pagan People!

Post by theia »

I often wonder if, when people point out other people's "devilish" appearance or behaviour, they are avoiding facing their own "devil" within...not that I think that our inner worlds are "devilish", just rather painful to face and easier to project outwards than to accept within.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Snooz

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Snooz »

larrygn;1374464 wrote: If there is one thing thqat we can agree on, it is that I am completely intolerable on any attack on Jesus, the Ever Living Christ, by those infested with the demons of satan. I seek the salvation of man, not his eternal damnation, and if you do not like that, tell your demon's tough!

Spot's demon is tough? I had never heard that before.
spot

Calling Pagan People!

Post by spot »

larrygn;1374464 wrote: If there is one thing thqat we can agree on, it is that I am completely intolerable on any attack on Jesus, the Ever Living Christ, by those infested with the demons of satan. I seek the salvation of man, not his eternal damnation, and if you do not like that, tell your demon's tough!

I think you're just pretending for a laugh, nobody can be so witless as to think Gods and Demons are anything other than internal psychological metaphors.

Perhaps you'd like to define "living", in this context?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
larrygn

Calling Pagan People!

Post by larrygn »

Let me see, if Jesus, the Ever Living Christ talks to and overcomes demons, we, His followers are to beleive that they do nto exist. This is the demand of one whose heart and mind is infested with the demons of the anti-christ and who serves satan. We of the church miltant understand this. The Templars are still here, standing against you.
spot

Calling Pagan People!

Post by spot »

It's just a book, mate. Written by people with an agenda who claimed to be influenced by God. If you're a believer then the book's claims to authority might count. If you're not then it's just a book. What you can't do is assume its authority will be recognized by unbelievers, not unless you want the word "bogus" to echo back at you.

I still think you're a parodist winding up Christians.
larrygn

Calling Pagan People!

Post by larrygn »

spot;1374836 wrote: It's just a book, mate. Written by people with an agenda who claimed to be influenced by God. If you're a believer then the book's claims to authority might count. If you're not then it's just a book. What you can't do is assume its authority will be recognized by unbelievers, not unless you want the word "bogus" to echo back at you.

I still think you're a parodist winding up Christians.

Chrsitians don't need to be manipulated, they understand the great commission given us by the Ever Living Christ. What many do not understand is the continusous and constant assault upon the church visable by the forces of the demon's of the anti-christ. When they were much more open, the knowledge of this was much more readily seen than it is now. Your right to hold an anti-christ view is only due to the fact that the soldiers of the cross stand to give you that freedom, otherwise you would thibnk exactly as the demon's of satan told you to think, it is they who deny you freedom.
spot

Calling Pagan People!

Post by spot »

larrygn;1374839 wrote: Chrsitians don't need to be manipulated, they understand the great commission given us by the Ever Living Christ.

Perhaps you'd like to define "living", in this context?
Its a narrow way

Calling Pagan People!

Post by Its a narrow way »

the truth? Most modern christians are as decieved as wicans hey would not know Christ if he stood in front of them . the guy in their photo is your boss Satan .Christ has white Hair and eyes like fire , and feet like polished brass and a voice the shakes and rumbles like waves hitting the shore . The photo they show their children is Satan . satan is a Cheribun can take a human form.

Return to “Modern Ancient Paths”