Relationship Question.

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
crazygal

Relationship Question.

Post by crazygal »

AngelEyes82;729208 wrote: I don't need advice or anything but I was wondering.. Do you like your spouse to be home? I mean off work the same days you are or if they come home early? Do you travel together or seperately? I was talking to my mom the other day & she told me that she's lying to my step-dad because she can't stand to have the same days off & she even gets aggravated when he comes home early. My sister and a few of my friends are the same way. My sister and her hubby take separate vacation now and then.

Personally I LOVE when my hubby is home! We don't travel unless it's together or as a family. We spend lots of time together & people ask how I can deal with it. Isn't that what a family is about? Why would you marry or be with someone you can't stand to be around for a whole day?? :thinking:

Off work no, I am bored as hell if we are both home. He just watches TV all day or sleeps. If we're out then great. Going away together, we haven't yet but I wouldn't want to do it separately, especially now we are a family.
mikeinie

Relationship Question.

Post by mikeinie »

I can only speak for myself, but I like it when my wife is at home with me, and I love travelling with her. That is not to say that there are times when I love having the house to myself, and I do go on business trips on my own and enjoy those.

I guess it is a bit of a balance, if you are always in each other’s faces you will enjoy your own space even more, if you have some time a part you then enjoy each other’s company more.

I think that Pink says it well, and you can sing along with this Karaoke version:

sunny104

Relationship Question.

Post by sunny104 »

we've always done everything together and I like when we are all together. :-6

ya know, when we were truck drivers (for 5 year) and literally together 24/7 which suited us just fine we'd always get couples that would say "oh, I don't know how you can stand to be together all the time" :-2 And they would say it in front of each other! :-2 Geez! And they were looking at us like we were wierd! :-5
crazygal

Relationship Question.

Post by crazygal »

AngelEyes82;729218 wrote: I've heard that song before- I like it.

My hubby leaves home @ 4am and doesn't get back until around 6 or 7pm. He has long work hours. He does this 5 days a week- sometimes 6 days.

Karl also leaves at 5.30am and gets home 6-7, depending on where he is working at the time. I love the evenings with him but just not whole days, not when we are stuck in.
sunny104

Relationship Question.

Post by sunny104 »

I should clarify that even though I prefer when we are all in one place together it doesn't mean we are all joined at the hip. :o

I have to have reading time!! :D :D
Chezzie

Relationship Question.

Post by Chezzie »

I like my husbands company and we do everything together as a family...Before I had the children Id hate being alone in the house for a second but Now im crying out for ME time alone lol....Were a close family...........My hubby's motto is "A family that play together, stay together".
Imladris

Relationship Question.

Post by Imladris »

It's all about balance, for years we worked together, had the same interests away from work but didn't do them at the same time so we each had time apart.

No we're not together quite so much and I miss his company during the day.

We both value time together and time apart gives us breathing space and the chance to do something that the other doesn't like or want to do.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
kayleneaussie

Relationship Question.

Post by kayleneaussie »

We do lots together and always the whole family gets together on holidays and we have a ball BUT I do like time to myself :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
YZGI

Relationship Question.

Post by YZGI »

Of course I want her home. Who would fetch me beer and make supper?
KarmaDoodle

Relationship Question.

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I think it totally depends on the relationship -- if you were friends first and "hanging out" was the way it started, then I think it is fun to be with your SO all the time. But if you just started dating and never got used to each others space - I would want things to be an event more than just hanging out -- I would like to travel and go out and do stuff, I wouldn't be used to just sitting on the couch.
kinks

Relationship Question.

Post by kinks »

I like spending time with my hubby,

he works from 7:00am till 7:00pm or 7:00pm till 7 or 8:00am and get's one or 2 days off in between, if he's lucky he might get 4 days off

but i must admit, it's better than him being away for 7 months at a time
along-for-the-ride

Relationship Question.

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I enjoy my husbands company because I like him as well as love him. We work at the same place ( in differant departments) and go on vacations together.

However, he was very supportive when I took a few days to go visit my kids and grandkids in another state for a few days by myself. When he wants to go fishing with the guys, it's okay with me. We each have our "me" time as well, he does his wood working and I read or go on my computer. (that's whats happening right now after work):)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
KarmaDoodle

Relationship Question.

Post by KarmaDoodle »

I think you learn the most about your SO when you are traveling -- you are faced with different situations and it really shows a lot about your character ...
Lady G

Relationship Question.

Post by Lady G »

This is very much a wifes thing. Women want their own space more then men do for some reason. (I am NOT saying ALL women/men)

My hubby, even if we fight, likes to know I am IN the house, there. He gets lonely if I am at work and he happens to be home.

On the other hand I am happy to be alone so I can do whatever I want at my own pace without having to think about how it will affect him or the fact that he is around and therefore I have to consider him in all my goings on.

Also, some ppl stay married for the sake of it and cannot stand eachother really and it is familiarity that keeps them together and/or fear of starting over again with someone new or even being alone. So tyhey stay together and do what they can to be apart.

wierd eh!
laneybug

Relationship Question.

Post by laneybug »

AngelEyes82;729208 wrote: I don't need advice or anything but I was wondering.. Do you like your spouse to be home? I mean off work the same days you are or if they come home early? Do you travel together or seperately? I was talking to my mom the other day & she told me that she's lying to my step-dad because she can't stand to have the same days off & she even gets aggravated when he comes home early. My sister and a few of my friends are the same way. My sister and her hubby take seperate vacation now and then.

Personally I LOVE when my hubby is home! We don't travel unless it's together or as a family. We spend lots of time together & people ask how I can deal with it. Isn't that what a family is about? Why would you marry or be with someone you can't stand to be around for a whole day?? :thinking:

My fiance and I both work at the same place, but in different areas. So I see him occasionally at work. We work some different days, but since we work 20 miles away from so we scheduled some of our days together to cut down on gas. Every other week we have 4 days off together and I absolutely love it. He's great when it comes to doing housework and cooking and we love to go places together.

I think it's kind of sad when married couples don't want to spend time together as much as they used to. But, I guess that's the nature of some relationships. I agree with you, AngelEyes, why marry someone you can't stand being around?
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.

Return to “Friends, Relationships, Advice”