The best part is when it stops

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
koan

Post by koan »

Had some parts of my body that decided they weren't happy.

Two hours curled up in a ball on my bed. It was so bad I actually didn't know how I could get through it at one point. Tried comparing it to giving birth but that didn't work either. Just made me terrified to have another kid again. :wah: I know what was wrong and the only thing that helps is just popping some Tylenol. Unfortunately Advil was what I had and it didn't work. Took me an extra hour of pain before I gave up and popped a Robaxacet too, which luckily has acetaminophen in it.

Anyway... a parade went by my window while this was going on. Full on Santa Claus parade. It goes right down my street this time of year. Good timing :rolleyes: Actually, the music was kind of nicely distracting. I would have liked to have seen it. The parade was pretty long 'cause I passed out before it finished. Vaguely remember hearing lots of hyperactive children running about that must have ate too many candy canes.

The best part of today was waking up again and not being in pain. As much as it sucks... it's nice to remember how great it is just not being in pain. My sympathies to anyone who hasn't experienced pain free living for a while.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Hope you're feeling better koan. :-4
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Hope your feeling much better today Koan:-6
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

You're so right, Koan. The relief from pain does make you appreciate things more.

Been there. A hug for ya, girlfriend.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
koan

Post by koan »

I'm exhausted. Could keep going back to sleep.

I do feel better though and it should be over now. Good to go for another 10 years :rolleyes:
Peg

Post by Peg »

I'm glad you are feeling better Koan. I'm glad I have a high tolerance for pain. Most people would not work if they felt the way I do most of the time. The best I can hope for at this point, is making the pain more tolerable and I'm grateful for even that. The doctor put me on prednisone for a week and it was the most wonderful week I've had in years! You do appreciate pain free more when you live with pain. Let's hope you stay pain free for a long time to come.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

That sucks. Hope its short lived.
I AM AWESOME MAN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I hope you feel better soon, koan.
koan

Post by koan »

oh, yes. except for being really tired, it was just a few hours.

that's the second parade that went past my front door that I've missed now though. :o

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”