to edit newspapers. In fact, I discovered by reading

newspapers that these editor/geniuses plainly saw all

my strategic defects from the start, yet failed to inform

me until it was too late. Accordingly, I am readily

willing to yield my command to these obviously superior

intellects, and I will, in turn, do my best for the Cause

by writing editorials - after the fact."

- Robert E. Lee, 1863
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Clint

Some Things Don't Change

Post by Clint »

Scrat;696528 wrote: Yup, some things never do but if you apply this too certain modern day imperialistic wars and politics the desk jockies do know more than the generals, or at least have more guts.

Too bad we havn't seen a Gen Lee, since Gen Lee. Some have come close but not quite there. He's a tough act to follow.

I see purple hearts, bronze stars, silver stars, medals for valor and combat action ribbons on the chests of Generals. I see mustard stains on the chest of the "desk jockey".
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
Clint

Some Things Don't Change

Post by Clint »

Scrat;696541 wrote: I'd question the nobility of the circumstances and mission in which those medals were earned. It's one thing to get a medal of honor to save the people of a village rom a tsunami and another to destroy the village in the name of "democracy".

Both do what they do for others. One admirably humanitarian with some personal risk , the other much uglier with great risk.

Return to “Warfare Military”