Whew what a week!

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Sheryl

Whew what a week!

Post by Sheryl »

Zakk started back to school this week. He's in first grade now. :-1 Tuesday we had his Open House at the school, and he's gonna have homework 3 nights a week. Ughh!

Wednesday I got a call informing me that my sister n law is in the ICU, in Amarillo. My niece went to check on her cause she wasn't answering her phone and found her having seizures in the bathroom floor. They got her to hospital and she stopped breathing. She's doing better now, they kept her sedated for 48 hours while they ran tests. They are saying it was a calcium overdose.

And now I"m supposed to be packing for our camping trip this weekend, but ughh have a case of the don't wanna's.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
WonderWendy3

Whew what a week!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Awwww Sheryl....hope your SIL gets better soon....you did have a tough time of it.....come 'ere.....a little closer...................closer................that's good!!

Sheryl

Whew what a week!

Post by Sheryl »

She's still in the hosptial, but doing alot better.

Zakk will have math, spelling and reading homework. He will start having spelling tests next week. Texas has the TAKS test which starts in 3rd grade. If you don't pass it, you don't move on. So they teach the kids as much reading and math before 3rd grade. :-5

my son
YZGI

Whew what a week!

Post by YZGI »

Sheryl;688048 wrote: Zakk started back to school this week. He's in first grade now. :-1 Tuesday we had his Open House at the school, and he's gonna have homework 3 nights a week. Ughh!

Wednesday I got a call informing me that my sister n law is in the ICU, in Amarillo. My niece went to check on her cause she wasn't answering her phone and found her having seizures in the bathroom floor. They got her to hospital and she stopped breathing. She's doing better now, they kept her sedated for 48 hours while they ran tests. They are saying it was a calcium overdose.

And now I"m supposed to be packing for our camping trip this weekend, but ughh have a case of the don't wanna's.

Speaking of camping. A few years ago we were out camping with friends. I was sitting in my lawn chair having a few beers when all of the sudden I look down at the back of my right hand and there is a flaming ball of ectoplasm on my hand. I freaked, I tried to shake it off but it wouldn't shake off so I naturally ran and jumped into the lake. Everyone was like, Why did you jump in the lake, I said "I had a flaming ball of something I couldn't get off my hand and it was burning the hell out of me" They all said yeah right you're drunk. I showed them my hand and where it was burned and blistered. We couldn't figure out what was going on. Finally one of friends little girl asked mom if she could have another marshmallow to roast. Mom says no I told you the last one was it. The little girls says "well I never got to eat it, it caught on fire and I tried to wave it out and it just disappeared. I think I found out where it went.:wah:
Sheryl

Whew what a week!

Post by Sheryl »

:wah: :wah: great my son has requested smores for this weekend

my son
littlemissgiggle

Whew what a week!

Post by littlemissgiggle »

wow what a week for you,

get yourself a favorite alcaholic drink and relax.

i hope your sister in-law gets better soon :-4
WonderWendy3

Whew what a week!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

YZGI;688060 wrote: Speaking of camping. A few years ago we were out camping with friends. I was sitting in my lawn chair having a few beers when all of the sudden I look down at the back of my right hand and there is a flaming ball of ectoplasm on my hand. I freaked, I tried to shake it off but it wouldn't shake off so I naturally ran and jumped into the lake. Everyone was like, Why did you jump in the lake, I said "I had a flaming ball of something I couldn't get off my hand and it was burning the hell out of me" They all said yeah right you're drunk. I showed them my hand and where it was burned and blistered. We couldn't figure out what was going on. Finally one of friends little girl asked mom if she could have another marshmallow to roast. Mom says no I told you the last one was it. The little girls says "well I never got to eat it, it caught on fire and I tried to wave it out and it just disappeared. I think I found out where it went.:wah:

Oh that sounds like something that would happen to me!! Don't mean to laugh but ............ummmm....bwahahahhaha:yh_rotfl
Sheryl

Whew what a week!

Post by Sheryl »

littlemissgiggle;688064 wrote: wow what a week for you,

get yourself a favorite alcaholic drink and relax.

i hope your sister in-law gets better soon :-4

Updating MP3 player now, and gonna add limes and mojitos to my shopping list :wah:

AngelEyes82;688066 wrote: i forgot to add out here they take terranova in 2nd grade and in 3rd grade they start AIMS testing.

I've heard they are supposed to be phasing the test out by 2012. I don't like these standarazied tests. The teachers spend the entire year teaching the test. I"ve also had friends with older kids tell stories of how thier kids had upset stomachs from the stress during testing week. :-1

my son

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”