keena in the UK

A forum to discuss local issues in England.
marylinda

keena in the UK

Post by marylinda »

Hi I dont know if I am on the right forum or not but it is as good a place as any to start i suppose. I am looking for cousins of mine who are in the UK. I have no contact details. Their surname would be Keena. Their father was from Mullingar , Co Westmeath, Ireland. If anyone can give me a hand it would be great. Thanks.
spot

keena in the UK

Post by spot »

Jimbo beat me to all the good ones.

The Surname Profiler says that most Keena's in the UK are around Glasgow but it doesn't distinguish the spelling from Keenan so I'd not pay much credence to it.

As a hint of how common a surname it is, http://www.192.com shows 70 records on the 2007 UK Electoral Roll. If you pay them a euro or two the site will give you all their addresses, phone numbers, the names of who they're living with and who their neighbours are.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
marylinda

keena in the UK

Post by marylinda »

thanks a million for the replies. I have been on some of the sites but most of them led me to USA. I was on an irish site to which I paid money and thought I was going to get the census records but only got so far when they wanted more money! Thanks again. Will follow up on these and will let you know if I have any luck.
spot

keena in the UK

Post by spot »

Any census records you can look at are at least a hundred years old in the UK, they're fine for genealogists but not a lot of use for tracking down living cousins.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
marylinda

keena in the UK

Post by marylinda »

I have been on 192.com and have 3 names and addresses to contact which is a start. I also found another uncle on it whose address I knew and have been in contact with over the years. It is on the 2007 electoral register. there are more detailed searches that they can do too for more money but we will see how this goes first. Thanks again. It is at least a starting point.
marylinda

keena in the UK

Post by marylinda »

this is amazing. I found her. through 192.com well it led to genesreunited.com and she had posted on it too. I had to pay money again to be able to send her a message but we swopped details and it was one of my cousins!! Absolutely amazing. Thank God for the web and people who help each other out with info that they have. Thanks a million.
SuzyB

keena in the UK

Post by SuzyB »

marylinda;688321 wrote: this is amazing. I found her. through 192.com well it led to genesreunited.com and she had posted on it too. I had to pay money again to be able to send her a message but we swopped details and it was one of my cousins!! Absolutely amazing. Thank God for the web and people who help each other out with info that they have. Thanks a million.

I am really pleased for you :)
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

spot

keena in the UK

Post by spot »

That's wonderful marylinda. I'm glad we helped. Don't just fade away, drop back in whenever you have a moment and chat a bit.

Return to “England”