Fag Hags

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
buttercup

Fag Hags

Post by buttercup »

If you have any gay friends - does this term / label offend you? Please read description below before answering as if it dident bother you before, it might now.

Fag Hag - The general description of this in the gay community seems to be - typically overweight women with low self esteem who have some dillusional notion that they can turn gay friends straight.

Also do you think this is a fair definition of a woman who enjoys spending her time in the company of gay men?
RedGlitter

Fag Hags

Post by RedGlitter »

I have always found that term disgusting. I wasn't aware a fag hag was a fat homely lady either, I just thought it was any woman who hangs around with gay guys. I had a friend who was gay and he was my friend Richard. That's it. Not "my gay friend Richard." And I was his friend Terri. Not his fag hag. God that is really distasteful I think. Maybe it's cool in the gay world but not for me. I don't know, maybe it matters as to who says it. A lot of words that are okay in a gay community are really unpleasant to me.

Oh and no, I don't think that's a typically fair description at all.
Carl44

Fag Hags

Post by Carl44 »

ouch that sounds mean and is not nice :-3

i always thought it meant women who wanted to spend time with sensitive guys that would not hit on them :thinking:

now i think its offensive but i never used too :D
buttercup

Fag Hags

Post by buttercup »

Red - Do you think out of your earshot amongst the gay community he has ever reffered to you as his fag hag?

Its quite a common term although ive been told they try not to use it in front of the straights :wah:

I personally have no problems being called a fag hag, much like i have some terms for my 'gay' friends their not too keen on, by n large its used in fun, to torment, tease ect from both sides.
RedGlitter

Fag Hags

Post by RedGlitter »

With Richard, I would say no. I wouldn't know for certain of course, but if he ever did I would have been very surprised.

I know a lot of people use that term affectionately just like they use queer and lesbo and various other stuff, but I just never cared for any of that.

But to answer your question, I would have to say no.

I wouldn't have been real offended being called a fag hag but that was before I learned it was a fat dumpy woman who tried to convert gay guys. :D
buttercup

Fag Hags

Post by buttercup »

quote red - But to answer your question, I would have to say no.

Will you ask him? :sneaky:
RedGlitter

Fag Hags

Post by RedGlitter »

buttercup;663872 wrote: quote red - But to answer your question, I would have to say no.

Will you ask him? :sneaky:

Oh I would have for sure but he's a friend of the past. Like 10 or 11 years ago in the past, sadly. Otherwise sure, I'd ask him. :)
buttercup

Fag Hags

Post by buttercup »

RedGlitter;663871 wrote:

I wouldn't have been real offended being called a fag hag but that was before I learned it was a fat dumpy woman who tried to convert gay guys. :D

Are you overweight & is there a part of you no matter how small wishes he were straight? :sneaky:
RedGlitter

Fag Hags

Post by RedGlitter »

buttercup;663875 wrote: Are you overweight & is there a part of you no matter how small wishes he were straight? :sneaky:

I'm not huge but I could lose a few pounds, and have been. I never wished Richard was straight. I never cared. I never saw him as boyfriend material. Just a really considerate guy I was friends with. There was no attraction between us.
Madcow

Fag Hags

Post by Madcow »

You know what term disturbs me...when some gay people refer to straight people as "Breeders". As if we are lifestock or something....says the one called "madcow", hmm I'll shut up now. =p
RedGlitter

Fag Hags

Post by RedGlitter »

I thought that was a Grunge term. :wah: I didn't know it was a gay thing.

I've always questioned straight. Does that imply gays are crooked?
buttercup

Fag Hags

Post by buttercup »

Madcow;663885 wrote: You know what term disturbs me...when some gay people refer to straight people as "Breeders". As if we are lifestock or something....says the one called "madcow", hmm I'll shut up now. =p

Ive never heard that term used before but i dont find it offensive, by n large its true.

I like your name :wah:
Carl44

Fag Hags

Post by Carl44 »

magenta flame;664642 wrote: Yeah I've had girlfriends who were fag hags ...............it was revolting to look at and I finally gave up on them.

One even went so far as to tape her friend and his boyfriend having sex (as a present) ewwhhhhhhh god I feel creepy just thinking about it . At no time did they care that these bitchy catty men were the whole time thinking of them as slaves as some kind and laughed at them behind their backs often.

just when i think i know you you have to take shock to a whole new level :-3:-3:o
Carl44

Fag Hags

Post by Carl44 »

magenta flame;664649 wrote: Huh!!!!!! I'm not the one touching up gay guys at the Gym.........:wah::wah:

i did not know he was gay ... in fact there is no evidence that he is gay at all except sue says he looked gay ish :-3

got to admit that post was a tea spurting post :wah:
Ali.

Fag Hags

Post by Ali. »

Jimbo didnt u say he was gay on anouther thread .........................wots going on.

Return to “General Chit Chat”