Google Chuckleheads!

anastrophe

Google Chuckleheads!

Post by anastrophe »

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Google Inc. (GOOG) forged ahead with its IPO auction Friday, even as the online search engine leader acknowledged a newly published magazine interview with its founders contained misleading information.

The admissions, made in a company filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, enabled Google to avoid a last-minute delay in its long-awaited initial public offering, according to a source familiar with the negotiations with the SEC, who demanded anonymity. A Playboy magazine interview with Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin had raised the possibility of an IPO delay because of securities laws restricting what executives can say before selling stock to the public for the first time.

there's been a string of these sorts of missteps. their failure to report millions of shares of common stock they handed out. claiming this auction was to give 'the little guy' a chance to invest, ignoring that the brokerages that you can use have a *minimum* investment to start of $1000. The Google Mail (gmail) beta that seems to be the-beta-that-never-ended - talk about hype for the IPO!

man, these guys are chuckleheads. and they want *me* to invest more than $100 for a single share in their dot-com business? i think not! i'd pay about $23 a share, maximum. While google is the search leader, and they've been making a profit, i'm sorry - i smell dot-bomb all over this.

and did anyone watch the online video presentation on the google IPO website?? man, talk about deer in the headlights. these guys are going to be billionaires? not with my help.

:p
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
anastrophe

Google Chuckleheads!

Post by anastrophe »

here's a link to where you can see the video of the googleheads:

https://www.ipo.google.com/mtm-choose-player

pretty boring stuff overall. that's part of the problem actually. these guys are about as excited as a dead man on vicodin. if they aren't excited about google, then why should i be??
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]

Return to “Current Events”