Growing style

Discuss growing vegetables, fruits, and herbs.
BlackBear

Growing style

Post by BlackBear »

Hey how many of you are organic gardeners? When I was more into vegetable gardening it't the route I took. I know a lot of flower gardeners go the same way too though. I still miss the days when Mike McGrath was editor of Rodale's "Organic Gardening" magazine. It was a down to earth magazine packed with information in those days.
Nomad

Growing style

Post by Nomad »

This is a pity reply.

No one answered my question either.
I AM AWESOME MAN
JacksDad

Growing style

Post by JacksDad »

Ahh! But wait!

Google Paul James.

He has a show on HGTV called Gardening By The Yard.

All organic. Thanks to him I had the most beautiful rose garden in South Florida.

Not an easy feat!

Now I'm still waiting on the hydroponics episode.

;)
BlackBear

Growing style

Post by BlackBear »

Way to go JacksDad, rose gardening must be both challenging and frustrating. Gardening in Florida is frustrating! I believe organic is the way to go though, once you have the soil under control the plants take care of themselves (compost compost compost!). Organic pest management can be tricky but is certainly do-able as well. I'm half tempted to start visiting the horse stables again and get a 'hot' compost pile going! Fall isn't too far off and unlike the rest of the country that's a prime planting time here in Florida.
G-man

Growing style

Post by G-man »

Pinky;651588 wrote: I'm a known plant murderer. I can't even seem to keep a cactus alive!:-3

*Note to self* Keep Pinky away from garden.

All organic here, as well. Compost, compost compost, and mulch, mulch, mulch! :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

dunkin

Growing style

Post by dunkin »

We have just planted our summer gardens.

All very organic.
G-man

Growing style

Post by G-man »

Pinky;682399 wrote: I looked at this again and thought it was talking about hair - even though I've previously posted in it! Is anyone capable of removing the dimwit gene that seems to have grown in my brain?:-3

A metaphoric garden? Now that could've been very interesting, indeed. I would've suspected that your garden would be Brazillian in that sense, though... ;)

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Bonsaif

Growing style

Post by Bonsaif »

Hello,

Most bonsai are purchased already at some stage of growth. The beginning artist will learn to care for it, slowly, gradually picking up skills in pruning, training, and other techniques associated with graduating from simple horticulture to bonsai artistry. This chapter is purposely placed at the end of the material, because beginning artists will want to start with a fully formed tree, learning the various techniques, honing their patience and skill, prior to attempting to grow a tree from a simple seed.

Fertilization can help your growth process along, but take time and use moderation. Fertilizer can be applied when the soil has thawed in the spring. The common fertilizer used in your bonsai will due, equal parts nitrogen, phosphates, and potassium. The warmth of the soil can also be controlled by growing the seedling indoors, using heat lamps.

The soil should not be overly wet, but it should be moist. Excessively wet soil will kill a seedling just as quickly as soil that is overly dry.
fedrik

Growing style

Post by fedrik »

Hi,

You will get more information tips on Gardening in TabUp.com. I’ve created a tab for gardening to get regular tips and news about gardening.
hydroponics.nutrients

Growing style

Post by hydroponics.nutrients »

Hi, This is Maria. I am a writer by profession. I am writing for Hydroponics Nutrients Blog. I bet you will like my articles. :)
spot

Growing style

Post by spot »

I enjoyed reading it, Maria. There's been more and more interest in hydroponic techniques recently, it's drawn two or three other garden-writers onto this site.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
hydro5

Growing style

Post by hydro5 »

I am a hydroponics grower emphasizing on hydroponic system for my plants.

Return to “Gardening Forum”