Retirement Facility

Patsy Warnick

Retirement Facility

Post by Patsy Warnick »

After shopping for a Retirement Facility for my in-laws, we finally agreed on a beautiful facility. In-Laws wanted a seperated villa outside the main building, 1500 sq. ft. by the pool, meals included, beauty shop/barber shop, house cleaning included, security, beautiful - resort type facility.

Monday we're signing the lease papers - going over all the details, asked several questions - everything went well until.

I asked a question regarding the house cleaning - House cleaners are employed thru this Company, its not a seperated job sublet out type? We employ all employees, great. I asked, Is there a backround check on the house cleaners?

NO. No, they're finger printed, but no backround check.??

I was surprised - they enter every elderly persons room, there they sit with the last of their worldly possessions assuming the house cleaners are safe to be around.

What is your Law for Retirement Facilities? I'll look at our laws & my in-laws may have to wait on the house cleaning package...? Scary

Patsy
Lon

Retirement Facility

Post by Lon »

There are different types of Retirement Facilities with different rules and regualtions. How old are your in laws Patsy?

Here is where I live.

http://www.suncityroseville.org/
RedGlitter

Retirement Facility

Post by RedGlitter »

That's a shame that you found a place you all can agree on and then this crops up. I'd worry about it too but less for material goods and more about the safety of my loved ones. Which I'm sure you have already thought about, I'm just saying. I have not been in this situation. I wish I could be of some help. I wish you good luck on this Patsy, as you know I always do. :-4
Patsy Warnick

Retirement Facility

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Another issue that bothers me with this is - People have to have backround checks to rent a property - backround checks for several different jobs, but not to a job your handing a key to several sitting ducks.

Theres several different reasons in life that makes some one want to clean toilets.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Retirement Facility

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Lon

My in-laws are moving from a retirement community (Sun City) to a Retirement/assisted living facility, they're 87 yrs old..

Beautiful complex, with seperate Villas from the main building, they're moving into a Villa by one of the pools.

Corporations own these propertys - one would think they would conduct a backround check. The lady was sweating bullets when I asked - she had to get up and turn the air down - I don't think anyone has ever asked.?? Until I get my in-laws situated and on a new routine - house keeping will have to wait, or I'll do it, won't take the risk.

Patsy

Return to “Retirement Planning”