Adverts you hate!

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
crazygal

Adverts you hate!

Post by crazygal »

Argh yet ANOTHER Sheilas Wheels advertisement, I absolutely HATE this advert. Also the Orange advert with the guy that sounds like he's singing under water, I have to mute when that one comes on.
Rapunzel

Adverts you hate!

Post by Rapunzel »

I LOVE this ad!

The ad I really hate is the scouse woman borrowing £25K and shouting to her son about his scooter! Shudder!

I absolutely loathe all those ads that try to make you believe that borrowing £25K for 25 years and paying back nearly £50K is a simple and easy thing to do!

"Shall we borrow 25 grand hunny?" "Yeah, why not, but don't bother me now I'm busy watching the grass grow"

Sadly, people who are desperate ARE stupid enough to believe it and sadly they'll probably end up bankrupt and losing their house to the loans company! Grrr!

Bloody adverts should be banned!!!!!
RedGlitter

Adverts you hate!

Post by RedGlitter »

Car and truck commercials. They make it look like all you have to do is buy their new vehicle and you can be uber cool as you mow over the wilderness in your SUV or as you fly down the Pacific Coast Highway with wind in your hair.

Beer and booze commercials. All you have to do is drink MGD or Malibu and you will be surrounded by cool, laughing, carefree Beautiful People. Please.

"Don't let kids smoke" ads. Put on by RJ Reynolds or Philip Morris, like Big Tobacco really has a vested interest in your kid's welfare, when in actuality they are wolves in sheep suits.

eHarmony. That smirky old man talking about the 29 points of compatibility. Those couples going on about how it's love at first sight, yada yada. I'd rather meet some guy in the laundromat than use eHarmony.

Ads for weight loss stuff: "My husband loves my new body!" :thinking:
CrazyCruizChick

Adverts you hate!

Post by CrazyCruizChick »

I hate loan adverts. WALOB. WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS.
chonsigirl

Adverts you hate!

Post by chonsigirl »

I hate the one where they reattach the rabbit feet.

I can't stand most commercials, but I agree with Red, that eHarmony one is horrid.
The Rob

Adverts you hate!

Post by The Rob »

Any automobile ads suck, I agree.

There's one for a "natural male enhancement" product that's truly awful (Not the ones featuring Bob; I rather like those).

The cavemen still rule :-6 but for how long? They have their own series now! I fear my favorite Cro-Magnons will suffer over-exposure, because here in America we like to shake that piggy bank allll the way empty, ya'll.
RedGlitter

Adverts you hate!

Post by RedGlitter »

chonsigirl;626071 wrote: I hate the one where they reattach the rabbit feet.

I just saw that one for the first time yesterday, Chonsi! It's creepy!

I, Rob;626095 wrote:

The cavemen still rule :-6 but for how long? They have their own series now! I fear my favorite Cro-Magnons will suffer over-exposure, because here in America we like to shake that piggy bank allll the way empty, ya'll.

Hee! At first I didn't like the Cro Brothers (heh) but they're growing on me. My favorite is when one of them is on the news and some talking head lady quotes a bunch of psychobabble and Cro says "yeah, I have a response...what?!" :wah:
RedGlitter

Adverts you hate!

Post by RedGlitter »

I remembered another one I love to hate.

That ad for K-Y Warming/Tingling Personal Lubricant.

Oh! One more. "I have genital herpes but I use Valtrex..." God! Shut up about that already, will ya? Those people are always shown kayaking and hiking mountains and playing at the beach...they have more of a life than I do and I don't have herpes!! This commercial makes me think I need to get it so I can have a great life. :thinking: Ok...I'm not really serious about that part...
The Rob

Adverts you hate!

Post by The Rob »

RedGlitter;626149 wrote: I remembered another one I love to hate.

Oh! One more. "I have genital herpes but I use Valtrex..." God! Shut up about that already, will ya? Those people are always shown kayaking and hiking mountains and playing at the beach...they have more of a life than I do and I don't have herpes!! This commercial makes me think I need to get it so I can have a great life. :thinking: Ok...I'm not really serious about that part...

Heh. Just once I'd like them to show Mr. and Mrs. Midwest Middleclass sitting in their modest living-room:

He: Joan and I lead an active life, what with washing the car, mowing the grass, going to the supermarket..

She: But some years ago one of us (glare at hubby) went off the reservation and tore off a piece, then brought it home to me, thankyouverymuch...

He: So now when we mean to get our freak on we use JellyFlex Natural microbe-killing lubricant! Now when I...uh, we get an outbreak, we can just slap on the grease and get down! (smiles all 'round)...
RedGlitter

Adverts you hate!

Post by RedGlitter »

I, Rob;626172 wrote: Heh. Just once I'd like them to show Mr. and Mrs. Midwest Middleclass sitting in their modest living-room:

He: Joan and I lead an active life, what with washing the car, mowing the grass, going to the supermarket..

She: But some years ago one of us (glare at hubby) went off the reservation and tore off a piece, then brought it home to me, thankyouverymuch...

He: So now when we mean to get our freak on we use JellyFlex Natural microbe-killing lubricant! Now when I...uh, we get an outbreak, we can just slap on the grease and get down! (smiles all 'round)...

:wah: :wah:
Punk_Grunge

Adverts you hate!

Post by Punk_Grunge »

I dislike the chocolate adverts. It's like, STOP FOOKIN' TEMPTING ME, I NEED TO CUT DOWN ON THEM AS IT IS. Hehehehehehe. :D
minks

Adverts you hate!

Post by minks »

pharmaceutical adverts that rattle off all the possible side affects.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Madcow

Adverts you hate!

Post by Madcow »

RedGlitter;626149 wrote: I remembered another one I love to hate.

I actually had a teacher, who when asked by another teacher if she was planning on going anywhere for summer vaction replied that she was considering going to this "Herpies" place she kept seeing on tv.

appearently someoneone wasn't paying close attention to the ad.

I agree Minks, Pharmacutical ads are the worst.
RedGlitter

Adverts you hate!

Post by RedGlitter »

Madcow;663917 wrote: I actually had a teacher, who when asked by another teacher if she was planning on going anywhere for summer vaction replied that she was considering going to this "Herpies" place she kept seeing on tv.

appearently someoneone wasn't paying close attention to the ad.

:wah: She must have meant Club Med. :wah:

Musiclover89

Adverts you hate!

Post by Musiclover89 »

I hate any Fashion Adverts and any Adverts with Loud Wispers
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
Debra

Adverts you hate!

Post by Debra »

I can not stand the Geico commercials... They are so annoying
Marie5656

Adverts you hate!

Post by Marie5656 »

Meet Bob..Bob is thrilled because he is taking this happy little pill which lets him get 'er done with his wife. Note the goofy grin on his face. I hate Bob..and his wife.
Musiclover89

Adverts you hate!

Post by Musiclover89 »

I hate the Marks & Spencers advert it does my head in :-5
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson

Return to “General TV Shows”