I love Chocoholic thread

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
buttercup

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by buttercup »

Its easy you just add your name & comment :D

Choccie your a top girl & i wubz ya :-4
JacksDad

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by JacksDad »

I'll sign in. Doubt you'll have any men here.

Chivas, a cigar, and some dark chocolate.

Heaven.

:-6
WonderWendy3

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Love and Miss you!!

I'm due for some of your great piccy's you post...

Thinking about you and your family!:-4
chrisb84uk

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by chrisb84uk »

Gail you are a wonderful person that brings so much fun and joy into FG, (oh and of course chocolate!) I know that times have been hard with your family, so I wish you and your family, the very best for the future, come back here soon, we miss ya!! :-4 :-6
buttercup

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by buttercup »

*bump* :-4
SuzyB

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by SuzyB »

I didn't see this 1st time round, I love your animations and your bright positive posting :-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I too missed this the first time round.

Does anyone know how her mother is? Having no news is the worst part of it - apart for missing a friend.
guppy

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by guppy »

choci...i miss ya too...you are a wonderful woman....your siggys are always so cool........
chocoholic

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by chocoholic »

Have only just seen this, thank you all.

Wish I could tell you that I have good news on my dear Mum but regret to say that her breast cancer has returned and she has secondary tumours in both lungs.

As she is 94 and very frail anyway, they are unable to offer any treatment, only palliative care and so I am nursing her at home as best I can. Wish I could say that I am a good nurse but that wouldn't be truthful, however, we muddle along together same as we always have and even though her illness is terminal we don't have a definite prognosis and don't want to know what the future holds, we are taking each day as it comes and not thinking too much about what is to come.

For the moment she remains reasonably well and is comfortable and cheerful and I am very thankful for this, at least she is not in pain or discomfort.

I am struggling with my faith (such as it is) at the moment but if any of you do believe in whatever or whoever, please spare a prayer or a positive thought for Mum (her name is Agnes), and I would be grateful for this.

I only manage to check in to FG a couple of times a week now, usually when my sister comes to see Mum and I can have a bit if a break but I do try and keep up with what is happening even if I am not posting much at the moment. Take care of yourselves all of you and I will, no doubt, speak to you again in the future, 'til then love to all,

Gail:-4 :-6
sunny104

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by sunny104 »

I miss you, too! :-4

sending lots of prayers and beams and best wishes to mum and you and the family!! :-4
WonderWendy3

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Aww, thanks for the update Gail!! I will keep you and your Mum in my prayers. I miss you too!!

Take Care!:-4
zinkyusa

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by zinkyusa »

sorry chocie:-1
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Pheasy

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by Pheasy »

Hello Chocoholic - I don't think we ever met. So heres a great big NICE TO MEET YOU from a wacky pheasant.

Pheasy :-4
chocoholic

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by chocoholic »

Hiya Pheasy,

Sorry couldn't find an animated Pheasant, this was the only bird gif I could find, good job you don't perch on lines!

Nice to meet you too, haven't been around much lately because of the above but will be here now and again and look forward to speaking to you again soon.:-6
Ted

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by Ted »

chocoholic:-6 :-6

You and your family are in my prayers.

I lost my mother several years ago to glyoblastoma a rare brain cancer. At least it was the kind that causes no pain. It is very hard and difficult to deal with. My father, now gone as well, would not put her in the hospital but looked after her at home right to the end.

It is wonderful that you have her with you. The best you can do is pray for her and try to get out once in awhile. It is not easy as I have said but it is very important for both you and her to be together. Your mother will appreciate it and there is in it a positive memory that you will take with you for the rest of your life. You are there when she needs you the most and that is most important for both of you.

One of the things about life if that God never promised us an easy time but He has promised to be with us and help us through the, more than rough times. I've been there. I cannot know how you feel but I know how I felt and my faith was a blessing.

God bless you and all your family at this very difficult time.

Shalom

Ted:-6 :-6
emzee

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by emzee »

hello chocoholic. i am new here too. i just wanted to say that i know how hard it is taking care of an elderly parent. i took care of my dad up until he passed last january. it wasn't easy, he had dementia which progressed to alzheimers.

there were times i would be so short tempered. i did the best i could under the circumstances. i loved him so much and with the help of my family we were able to keep him here with us until the end.

i thank God for giving me the patience and time to have him here with us. we miss him terribly.

your mum is very lucky to have such a caring daughter. not all people can do what you are doing. trust in your faith, your higher power to help you through the hard times.

I will keep you and you mum in my prayers. God Bless.
Ted

I love Chocoholic thread

Post by Ted »

emzee:-6

What more can I say then wonderful.

Shalom

Ted:-6

Return to “Members' News”