Classmates.com

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cinamin

Classmates.com

Post by cinamin »

Anybody here use Classmates.com? I registered on it like a year ago and have been getting emails from the site saying that people are viewing my profile. Then today I get an email that an old boyfriend has sent me 2 messages. So I log on and sure enough it is a guy who broke my heart when I was 21. He was a huge beer-drinking alcohlic and a cheater. He actually told me many many times that he loved me and we would be married one day. Then proceeded to brrreak my heart. I think we were together for about a year. He was an alcoholic. He was arrested twice for drinking and driving. Once when we were together and second time after we broke up and it was me who he called to come and get him out of jail. But I called his mom instead.

So he has sent 2 messages, one back on March and one today. I emailed him back asking if he was still with that person who he left me for (Robin). And then his other message said he was married 20 years and has a daughter. So I was looking at his profile with his wife and it isn't the girl who he left me for. And he looked like a big bear! And he lives in another State and works for the State there.

So since he gave me his email I replied and asked him a lot of questions. One of which was.....why did you cheat on me? I am so waiting for his reply.
RedGlitter

Classmates.com

Post by RedGlitter »

cinamin;595141 wrote: Anybody here use Classmates.com? I registered on it like a year ago and have been getting emails from the site saying that people are viewing my profile. Then today I get an email that an old boyfriend has sent me 2 messages. So I log on and sure enough it is a guy who broke my heart when I was 21. He was a huge beer-drinking alcohlic and a cheater. He actually told me many many times that he loved me and we would be married one day. Then proceeded to brrreak my heart. I think we were together for about a year. He was an alcoholic. He was arrested twice for drinking and driving. Once when we were together and second time after we broke up and it was me who he called to come and get him out of jail. But I called his mom instead.

So he has sent 2 messages, one back on March and one today. I emailed him back asking if he was still with that person who he left me for (Robin). And then his other message said he was married 20 years and has a daughter. So I was looking at his profile with his wife and it isn't the girl who he left me for. And he looked like a big bear! And he lives in another State and works for the State there.

So since he gave me his email I replied and asked him a lot of questions. One of which was.....why did you cheat on me? I am so waiting for his reply.

Because he was in his 20s and was soused all the time? Sometimes you have to let the pony ride, Cinamin. It's been a lot of years. I could ask my ex-boyfriends why they did a lot of things but in the end I usually figured it out myself. But still I hope you get your answer. Sometimes people change.
cinamin

Classmates.com

Post by cinamin »

RedGlitter;595143 wrote: Because he was in his 20s and was soused all the time? Sometimes you have to let the pony ride, Cinamin. It's been a lot of years. I could ask my ex-boyfriends why they did a lot of things but in the end I usually figured it out myself. But still I hope you get your answer. Sometimes people change.

WEll I just wanted to see what he has to say after all of this time he went and found me. The only one who looked for me. I did the first of many things with this guy. It'll be interesting. And I am wondering if he is still drinking or quit the bad habit.
Peg

Classmates.com

Post by Peg »

Myself, if he cheated on me and broke my heart, I wouldn't care enough about him to want to know why. I'm anxious to hear his answer.
cinamin

Classmates.com

Post by cinamin »

Peg;595173 wrote: Myself, if he cheated on me and broke my heart, I wouldn't care enough about him to want to know why. I'm anxious to hear his answer.

Yah I wouldn't be usually. But since he contacted me, I asked the question. And since he's now married, I'm wondering if he doesn't cheat on his wife too. He said he'd been married 20 years. :thinking:
WonderWendy3

Classmates.com

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I was on classmates and Reunion.com both as paying members and they both were a waste of money to me. Not completely though... but I 've only spoken to a handful of old friends... One contacted me a year ago....someone I thought would've died of drug over-dose a LONG time ago....it was soooo good to hear from him!! But I just don't like the old "someone is looking for you", so I pay ooodles to find out that its someone in CA that I've never known in my life, looking for someone with a similar name as mine.

Cinnamin, I'm curious to see if he answers, bet he doesn't, like RG said...he was 20....
along-for-the-ride

Classmates.com

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I was on Classmates for awhile, but I let it expire. I did come in contact with a couple of girlfriends I knew, one from grammar school and one from high school. It was a kick hearing from them. I'm not interested in finding old boyfriends, I just hope they are doing fine and still kicking.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Nomad

Classmates.com

Post by Nomad »

cinamin;595141 wrote: Anybody here use Classmates.com? I registered on it like a year ago and have been getting emails from the site saying that people are viewing my profile. Then today I get an email that an old boyfriend has sent me 2 messages. So I log on and sure enough it is a guy who broke my heart when I was 21. He was a huge beer-drinking alcohlic and a cheater. He actually told me many many times that he loved me and we would be married one day. Then proceeded to brrreak my heart. I think we were together for about a year. He was an alcoholic. He was arrested twice for drinking and driving. Once when we were together and second time after we broke up and it was me who he called to come and get him out of jail. But I called his mom instead.

That no good low down good for nothing toothless drunken bastard ! :-5

Why I outta !
I AM AWESOME MAN
cinamin

Classmates.com

Post by cinamin »

He answered, here it is.

Oh boy, a hard one to answer, but I'll try.. I think a lot of can be

blamed on me just not being very mature about it at the time. We were

together for a while there (I don't remember exactly how long). But

really the first real long term serious relationship for me (and you too,

I think). I think I just knew it wasn't something that would last

forever and started wondering what else was out there. I'm sorry for

hurting you and really handled the whole thing rather badly.

You know, I lived with another girl for 5 years knowing all the time I

didn't want to marry her. I thought you were married and happy living

in riverside ( I called your Mom one time).

That probably doesn't explain thing very well, but I hope you

understand. Maybe we can talk from time to time and be friends.

Mike
I wrote back. And my mother never told me he'd called me.
G-man

Classmates.com

Post by G-man »

That's not such a bad response... does it make you feel any better?

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

cinamin

Classmates.com

Post by cinamin »

G-man;595802 wrote: That's not such a bad response... does it make you feel any better?

Yah because he apologized. And that he tried to find me. He'd done that twice. He was a guy I thought I'd be married to. That is what he told me. But now look, he is married to someone else. Oh well, his picture ain't all that great.
WonderWendy3

Classmates.com

Post by WonderWendy3 »

cinamin;595804 wrote: Yah because he apologized. And that he tried to find me. He'd done that twice. He was a guy I thought I'd be married to. That is what he told me. But now look, he is married to someone else. Oh well, his picture ain't all that great.

Wow Cinamin, I'm glad he wrote back and I'm sorry for bein' so negative earlier...he proved me wrong. I think his response sounded good and seemed honest enough. At least he responded, the guy that I thought I'd be married to...I wrote him at classmates.com about a year or 2 ago, never responded...and trust me it was nice and vague and I know he's married....just wanted to say hello....:-5 :-5
cinamin

Classmates.com

Post by cinamin »

WEll he's been emailing me every day. And with pictures. He has a cute daughter. And his emails are like very.....apologetic. Should I post them here?
chonsigirl

Classmates.com

Post by chonsigirl »

I don't think you should post private e-mails, without his permission. I am glad he apologized to you, that should help whatever feelings you have inside for him.
cinamin

Classmates.com

Post by cinamin »

Here is a reply to an email in which I asked why he'd "began looking around" for someone else. His reply was.....Gosh it's been a long time, a little over 25 years. I think I was losing interest in our relationship at the time.

If I remember, you were kind of clingy and needy.

I wonder what did he expect since he was drunk and cheating all the time.
Peg

Classmates.com

Post by Peg »

Sounds like he still has issues since he doesn't want to take responsibility for his own actions.:-2
DesignerGal

Classmates.com

Post by DesignerGal »

Why is he writing and trying to find you when he is MARRIED? Hello, McFly? DUH???? He hasnt changed!!!!!!

What is it with idiotic women????

HBIC
cinamin

Classmates.com

Post by cinamin »

DesignerGal;602399 wrote: Why is he writing and trying to find you when he is MARRIED? Hello, McFly? DUH???? He hasnt changed!!!!!!

What is it with idiotic women????
Calling me idiotic are you? You didn't see what I wrote back to him now did you?:-5

Return to “General Chit Chat”