It's been AGES

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Raven

It's been AGES

Post by Raven »

Since I was last on! Have you ever had one of those kind of lives that just plods along a single track for so long, then BAM! Everything seems to take off in a zillion directions at once?

Well thats what has been happening in my life! I will be heading stateside in April to see off my army son before he takes off for Iraq (for the second time), we just saw a house we want to make an offer on, (having gone through all the rigamorol of getting pre approved for a mortgage), found out i am just waiting on an 'academic' to make an appointment for my interview for university this fall (i just have to do a bridging course) and I should be doing my nvq homework, but I am on telling you I should be, instead! Oh and we had to move my mother in law to another flat cause they are tearing down her old one! PHEW! Thats about it for a minute! :-2
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
chonsigirl

It's been AGES

Post by chonsigirl »

Hi Raven, it is so lovely to see you!:-6
Raven

It's been AGES

Post by Raven »

Hey chonsi! LOL! I thought it would be nice to pop in and show my face since I havent been on in absolute YONKS!

How are things going with you?
minks

It's been AGES

Post by minks »

hello dear sister :wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
cherandbuster

It's been AGES

Post by cherandbuster »

Hiya Raven :)

So nice to here from you again, lovely person :-4
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Raven

It's been AGES

Post by Raven »

'ello purdy! Hows you? :yh_bigsmi You wouldnt BELIEVE all the things I have to tell you!
Raven

It's been AGES

Post by Raven »

cherandbuster;585809 wrote: Hiya Raven :)

So nice to here from you again, lovely person :-4
I have had sooooooooo many things going on all at once! LOL! And I am supposed to be doing my homework! LOL! Oh well.....late night beckons!
minks

It's been AGES

Post by minks »

come on then do share it all :)

― Mae West
cherandbuster

It's been AGES

Post by cherandbuster »

minks;585814 wrote: come on then do share it all :)

Yeah :)

You just know that Minxsy and I are here to listen :p :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

minks

It's been AGES

Post by minks »

cherandbuster;585818 wrote: Yeah :)

You just know that Minxsy and I are here to listen :p :-6

ah yes we are, now you have to share cause you have both of us pressuring you ;)

― Mae West
Raven

It's been AGES

Post by Raven »

Well first up, you know that I am going to be in the states april 10th to the 17th. Voodoo is going to get his visa, but not in time to go. My Son is only going to be home from the 9th to the 20th. OH! I forgot to mention on top of all that I am on that Atkins diet.

Well we have also been looking at houses because our neighbor has gotten it into his head that he can just tear up our plumbing to fix his. I got into a big row with him over this. So Voodoo and I just decided it was time to move.

Then we had voodoo's mum to move. That actually went rather smoothly.

Voodoo lived through his trip to the american embassy, but they drag their feet when it comes time to issue visas. Even with a letter from my mom.

Next, I found out that I AM going to be going to London for uni come November! Just waiting for the guy to make an appointment for my interview. Wont take me as long as I feared. I only have to go for two years. This course is specifically for 'overseas applicants' who have prior nursing studies.

On top of all that, I am doing what they call an nvq 3, over here. It's the equivalent to our junior/senior years of high school. But it's good to do because it gets me back into the swing of school again. After all, it's been 20 years since I graduated from college.
chonsigirl

It's been AGES

Post by chonsigirl »

I wish you good luck in your studies, I know you have been waiting for this!:)
Raven

It's been AGES

Post by Raven »

chonsigirl;585826 wrote: I wish you good luck in your studies, I know you have been waiting for this!:)
Yeah I have! You wait ages for just about everything here! It's amazing! Dont come to GB if you are in any kind of hurry!

:wah: But since this training is something they pay YOU to do, I cant complain. But I have no choice really if I want to carry on my career.
chonsigirl

It's been AGES

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, they pay you to go to uni and all? That sounds fair to me!
Raven

It's been AGES

Post by Raven »

chonsigirl;585828 wrote: Oh, they pay you to go to uni and all? That sounds fair to me!
They DO! It's called a bursory. Mind you, mine is just nursing. But I think they do that with the teaching professions too. And it's really the equivalent to a part time job. They arent slouches! I think thats why the process is like getting a job.
chonsigirl

It's been AGES

Post by chonsigirl »

Wow, that is very nice to do, and would make the selection process with high standards.
minks

It's been AGES

Post by minks »

oh my you certainly have been busy.

Congrats on all this :) Moving awww how sad, I will no longer be able to picture you guys in your humble little flat :)

Ohhhh April you come to this side of the pond wow that will be a nice visit despite your son heading to the middle east. I know you, there will be tears.

― Mae West
Raven

It's been AGES

Post by Raven »

minks;585833 wrote: oh my you certainly have been busy.

Congrats on all this :) Moving awww how sad, I will no longer be able to picture you guys in your humble little flat :)

Ohhhh April you come to this side of the pond wow that will be a nice visit despite your son heading to the middle east. I know you, there will be tears.Yep. Think you could make a trip down? I wont have a car, but perhaps I can arrange a side trip if you cant.
Bez

It's been AGES

Post by Bez »

Raven, Minks, Chonsi and Cher....my fave FG freinds...how are you all. ???

It is soooooo good to see Raven posting.....gosh you have got a lot going on.

I'm just off to my new flat to do some decorating...will be moving on the 26th/27th.

:-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
minks

It's been AGES

Post by minks »

Bez;585941 wrote: Raven, Minks, Chonsi and Cher....my fave FG freinds...how are you all. ???

It is soooooo good to see Raven posting.....gosh you have got a lot going on.

I'm just off to my new flat to do some decorating...will be moving on the 26th/27th.

:-4

Oh huggs to you Bezzy nice to hear from you. Gosh moving time. How exciting. I hope you can get some pictures to us :) We have our decorating all planned out just Jr Minks and I to paint walls and furnish it.... we are very excited just waiting on the weather to stay warm and things to dry up so we can haul out the old furnishings and go buy new ones. How fun I never thought I would be doing this... sorry Bez didn't mean to take over with that.

The 26 and 27 of April is move date then? Wow! Time flies. Can you believe it's been almost a year since I came to visit there... ahhhhh time does fly hehehe

Raven OMG I just now read your post about me coming south, gosh I have the funds allocated to decorating... I dunno if I can swing it. I will PM you

― Mae West
Bez

It's been AGES

Post by Bez »

minks;586019 wrote: Oh huggs to you Bezzy nice to hear from you. Gosh moving time. How exciting. I hope you can get some pictures to us :) We have our decorating all planned out just Jr Minks and I to paint walls and furnish it.... we are very excited just waiting on the weather to stay warm and things to dry up so we can haul out the old furnishings and go buy new ones. How fun I never thought I would be doing this... sorry Bez didn't mean to take over with that.

The 26 and 27 of April is move date then? Wow! Time flies. Can you believe it's been almost a year since I came to visit there... ahhhhh time does fly hehehe

Raven OMG I just now read your post about me coming south, gosh I have the funds allocated to decorating... I dunno if I can swing it. I will PM you

Life is very busy....spring fever ....but feels like spring madness. There's been so much more to do at my new flat.....I spent the first few days as the new owner just overcome with the work involved...anyway I'm over that now and just getting on with things. I'm very grateful to my sons who are helping....the youngest in particular who is putting in a new bathroom suite for me at the moment and will be putting a new kitchen in a bit later on. Thank heavens for DIY stores and SALES and special offers etc....
chrisb84uk

It's been AGES

Post by chrisb84uk »

Raven;585824 wrote: Well first up, you know that I am going to be in the states april 10th to the 17th. Voodoo is going to get his visa, but not in time to go. My Son is only going to be home from the 9th to the 20th. OH! I forgot to mention on top of all that I am on that Atkins diet.

Well we have also been looking at houses because our neighbor has gotten it into his head that he can just tear up our plumbing to fix his. I got into a big row with him over this. So Voodoo and I just decided it was time to move.

Then we had voodoo's mum to move. That actually went rather smoothly.

Voodoo lived through his trip to the american embassy, but they drag their feet when it comes time to issue visas. Even with a letter from my mom.

Next, I found out that I AM going to be going to London for uni come November! Just waiting for the guy to make an appointment for my interview. Wont take me as long as I feared. I only have to go for two years. This course is specifically for 'overseas applicants' who have prior nursing studies.

On top of all that, I am doing what they call an nvq 3, over here. It's the equivalent to our junior/senior years of high school. But it's good to do because it gets me back into the swing of school again. After all, it's been 20 years since I graduated from college.

Hiya Raven! Haha boy have you been busy lately, I bet you hardly have anytime to sit down and take a breather! I hope you enjoy your US trip, and meeting up with your son will be great for you both I'm sure, even though he has to head off to war again soon after.

And I see that you are studying in London, how exciting. I wish you all the best for the course. Oh and make sure you take lots of notes, because some of those lecturers can be really strict if you don't!! :p
minks

It's been AGES

Post by minks »

chrisb84uk;586077 wrote: Hiya Raven! Haha boy have you been busy lately, I bet you hardly have anytime to sit down and take a breather! I hope you enjoy your US trip, and meeting up with your son will be great for you both I'm sure, even though he has to head off to war again soon after.

And I see that you are studying in London, how exciting. I wish you all the best for the course. Oh and make sure you take lots of notes, because some of those lecturers can be really strict if you don't!! :p

and look who else dropped in wow what a great thread, I wonder who will be next :)

Hi ya Chris. :)

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

It's been AGES

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Hi Raven,

You don't have to leave it six weeks between visits you know - you can drop in any time :-6

Great news about the bursary - best of luck (and enjoyment) with the course.

Are you looking in the same area for a house, or moving closer in?
cars

It's been AGES

Post by cars »

Wow with all that stuff you been involved with Raven, sounds like you need to drop in here more often to get to RELAX! Drop in more often why don'tcha!:)
Cars :)
cherandbuster

It's been AGES

Post by cherandbuster »

minks;586145 wrote: and look who else dropped in wow what a great thread, I wonder who will be next :)

Right on! :guitarist

How great is it to see Bez and Chris posting again? :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Bez

It's been AGES

Post by Bez »

cherandbuster;586283 wrote: Right on! :guitarist

How great is it to see Bez and Chris posting again? :-4

Hi Cher...:yh_wave