deleting your account

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
minks

deleting your account

Post by minks »

there seems to be a rush on seat sales out of here lately I for one want to say....

if you are thinking about deleting your account please take a few days to think about it....

remember FG has been built good intentions. If someone is trying to drive you away or FG antics are getting the better of you, just take time away... don't go permanantly until you have given some thought to your actions.

There are some of us old timers still here and we believe this form has a lot to offer. (Or we would not still be here)

FG has a huge member base, and a pretty large active usership we have a lot of good people still here and if your feeling down just go hang out in the threads with those people you see the good in. Try not to allow the bad feelings and unpleasant members rule your thinking.

As for those who have already left I am sure they all had their reasons, and no one can sway anyone one way or another only you can make your own choices.

Some forums are just better suited for some people...
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Marie5656

deleting your account

Post by Marie5656 »

I agree minxy. I mean, a break works wonders. As for what you said about other forums being better suited to some..I visited and joined one of the forums that some here have left for. I like it well enough, but I am seeing it does not really suit ME. I still visit, read some posts and catch up with people, but it is definatly not my cup of tea. I would not leave here for it.
Indian Princess

deleting your account

Post by Indian Princess »

I agree with you, if someone bugs ya, ignore them, way back when I was Jasmund, and then my computer had to be debugged, and I wasnt recognized as Jasmund and came back as Indian Princess, there wasnt any gossiping that I was aware of, this is an adult forum.
minks

deleting your account

Post by minks »

Marie5656;560287 wrote: I agree minxy. I mean, a break works wonders. As for what you said about other forums being better suited to some..I visited and joined one of the forums that some here have left for. I like it well enough, but I am seeing it does not really suit ME. I still visit, read some posts and catch up with people, but it is definatly not my cup of tea. I would not leave here for it.

yes and this one doesn't suit everybody either and all we can hope is that those who venture out find a place that suits them.. we all have our own style don't we.

― Mae West
koan

deleting your account

Post by koan »

I haven't seen a forum yet that requires you to delete your accounts at other forums. I'd be wary of any that did. Some people want to be deleted because they spend too much time here. It is possible to ask admin for a temporary ban if RL needs more attention. It is the better option as it is reversible.
RedGlitter

deleting your account

Post by RedGlitter »

Well, now I'm wondering who's left us now? :confused:
weeder

deleting your account

Post by weeder »

You know Minks and some others here know how I feel about FG. I think the reason "seats wind up empty here.... is because its a challenge to be here.

Thats a good thing!! In the beginning... there was excitement... laughter, integrity, affection and a joining together of minds that produced enjoyment and satisfaction for all. The menu has grown larger, but some of the tried and true recipes are still being offered to all who come. For those who prefer spicier fare..... weve now got that too. This is one of those places where there always was a sign on the door that said... shirts, shoes, and manners required. Its got class and its got sass and broad minded on a bun is always on the daily special list. I think there was a drop in the local economy for a while, we slid a little into the red, But things are booming, spring is coming, and its gonna be a very good year. We might even see some seasonal visitors who travel around a good deal of the time. If you grow to really love it here.... if your roots get established.. you wont be able to leave.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
koan

deleting your account

Post by koan »

Since a thread about deleted accounts currently exists I'm going to take a moment to have a bit of a rant and I hope minks forgives me for using this thread.

It has been two months since a group of people have made their statements by deleting their accounts and for two months we have had members that insist on bringing this back to everyone's attention and acting as if some sort of conflict still exists. It doesn't.

What really rubs me the wrong way is that the people bringing this up OVER AND OVER AND OVER, are moderators at the new forum that the group "defected" to. Why they feel the need to come here and ask us at FG why the members left is beyond my comprehension since they speak to the people every freakin' day. Why don't you ask them yourself? We aren't interested. It's been two months. Get over it. We have.
AussiePam

deleting your account

Post by AussiePam »

I was pretty sad when Basco and Far left to make their own forum. I'd only been here a short while at the time that happened and it was kind of traumatic. Since then others I got to be friends with have come and gone too, but as you all say, life goes on. The flavour of forums changes. It seems to me rather dominated by a smallish group at the moment. Less multicoloured than before. But this too will no doubt alter with the influx of new people, over time. Things come and go. I still like the format of ForumGarden best of any place I've been.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

RedGlitter

deleting your account

Post by RedGlitter »

That's funny to me that you should say that, Pam, because I feel the opposite way. I feel the clique has left the building for the most part. Something is different, but when I think about it, I think it feels like a growth spurt of sorts. I'm anxious to see what FG is like in a few months' time.

It's nice to see you. :)
AussiePam

deleting your account

Post by AussiePam »

It'll all probably be completely different in a couple of months, RedGlitter. I'm here now for a few weeks, then on the road again till late May. When I get back I probably won't know a soul here anymore. Grin.

RedGlitter

deleting your account

Post by RedGlitter »

I know I'm hijacking here, but where are you going, Pam? A vacation?
AussiePam

deleting your account

Post by AussiePam »

Part work, part family stuff, part vacation, Red Glitter. France first for a month, a short stay in London, then Ireland.

RedGlitter

deleting your account

Post by RedGlitter »

That sounds like a dream to me, Pam! Especially the part about Ireland. Although the French countryside would sure be nice too...how big is your suitcase?? :D Well, I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!
chonsigirl

deleting your account

Post by chonsigirl »

Have a nice trip, Pammie. It sounds glorious! :-6
AussiePam

deleting your account

Post by AussiePam »

I've got the whole month of March yet, Red Glitter, Chonsi - grin - and the intray from the nether regions to get through first, but thank you!!!

chonsigirl

deleting your account

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, but you will look forward to April! :)
AussiePam

deleting your account

Post by AussiePam »

Absolutely, Chonsi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sneaky:

AussiePam

deleting your account

Post by AussiePam »

Nasty pm's to mrsK... GEESCH !!!!

Rapunzel

deleting your account

Post by Rapunzel »

Oh, Good Lord! Yesterday I noticed Snooze was back again (despite her protestations she just can't leave this place alone, can she?) :rolleyes:

(She'd written 6 posts at that point - and all of them angry!)

And now she's brought her sock puppet out of retirement too. :rolleyes:

Morning Snooze, Morning Clancy. ;)
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

deleting your account

Post by Bryn Mawr »

AussiePam;560378 wrote: Part work, part family stuff, part vacation, Red Glitter. France first for a month, a short stay in London, then Ireland.

That sounds like a call for a London meet
RedGlitter

deleting your account

Post by RedGlitter »

What's with the obnoxious insults this morning? I've seen better digs in a gradeschool sandbox. :thinking:
abbey

deleting your account

Post by abbey »

(sigh) Happy days!

Abbey slinks back to the arcade.
weeder

deleting your account

Post by weeder »

RedGlitter;560491 wrote: What's with the obnoxious insults this morning? I've seen better digs in a gradeschool sandbox. :thinking:

Makes you glad your single... doesnt it? Good morning Rapunzel... your worth your weight in gold.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Betty Boop

deleting your account

Post by Betty Boop »

Well I'm shocked, just how low can you go Clancy?

I've never had any run ins with anyone around here and I'm not staying to do so. I'm disgusted with the way people are treating others around here. :mad:
Carl44

deleting your account

Post by Carl44 »

hey rap we love ya :-4 :-4 :D

spot

deleting your account

Post by spot »

Betty Boop;560587 wrote: I've never had any run ins with anyone around here and I'm not staying to do so. I'm disgusted with the way people are treating others around here. :mad:spot surreptitiously attaches a clothes-peg to the seam of Betty's shirt-tail and leaves her to walk around carrying it there all day
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
koan

deleting your account

Post by koan »

RedGlitter;560491 wrote: What's with the obnoxious insults this morning? I've seen better digs in a gradeschool sandbox. :thinking:

:wah:

Like sands thru the hourglass,... it's all just a pile of dirt.
Accountable

deleting your account

Post by Accountable »

minks;560280 wrote: there seems to be a rush on seat sales out of here lately I for one want to say....

if you are thinking about deleting your account please take a few days to think about it....

remember FG has been built good intentions. If someone is trying to drive you away or FG antics are getting the better of you, just take time away... don't go permanantly until you have given some thought to your actions.

There are some of us old timers still here and we believe this form has a lot to offer. (Or we would not still be here)

FG has a huge member base, and a pretty large active usership we have a lot of good people sitll here and if your feeling down just go hang out in the threads with those people you see the good in. Try not to allow the bad feelings and unpleasant members rule your thinking.

As for those who have already left I am sure they all had their reasons, and no one can sway anyone one way or another only you can make your own choices.

Some forums are just better suited for some people...
Good points & true statements from both Koan & Clancy, but I like this post better. When the glaciers pass & volcanoes cool, Bez, Betty, Chonsi, etc, and I will be here to enjoy the spring flowers.
Rapunzel

deleting your account

Post by Rapunzel »

Thankyou Weeder and Jimbo ~ Hugs to you both! :yh_hugs :yh_hugs :-4 :-4

Don't worry about Cranky. His meds are wearing off and he has a puerile brain.

He objects to being called a sock puppet because the truth hurts.

I didn't try to scare you off Cranky, you went running when your master beckoned. Now she's dusted you off and brought you back to growl for her again. Bow wow. hehe
spot

deleting your account

Post by spot »

Clancy;560707 wrote: Anyway, The main point of my own grievance, and for wanting to post in here today, was the news that, mrsK was goaded in private messages, so much so, that she felt the need to leave this forum. It's fascinating to see what bothers you, Clancy, I always welcome your appearances here. I note that I exchanged a couple of PM-threads with mrsK, I wonder whether those figure at all in what you're talking about or whether they're not an issue. It's hard to tell when so many inexplicit "someone"s appear in a single post.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
RedGlitter

deleting your account

Post by RedGlitter »

I wonder how many people died in terrible accidents today while others were pissing on about this stupid sh*t. :mad:
RhondaLu

deleting your account

Post by RhondaLu »

Clancy;560727 wrote: It's facinating to see what doesn't bother you, Spot. At one time I did enjoy my appearances here, I can't deny that I enjoyed a lot of my time here, but most of my pals are elswhere , some in 24Hours some in , cya , and a few are still in here, hence the reason I still look in. I miss a few people, and they know who they are.

The last I heard, mrsK was considering either leaving a post with someone, or returning quickly , and leaving quickly once she posts what she has to say on that matter of being bullied. I hope she does decide to make it known, I know one of them, but I suspect there are more than one.

Never a pleasant thing this. If it was myself , or someone better equipped to deal with all this crap , I wouldn't be posting at all, but I can't stand bullying , and the goading of others who don't , or aren't known to have a streak of retaliation. As others have said on hearing of her departure , she is a nice lady who didn't cause many waves, and that has abeen by opinion of her since she first arrived here.

What's bothering me, is the fact that through no fault of her own, she got caught up in a load of crap before in here, and didn't know what the hell was going on till everything came out in the wash months afterwards , so this is why I find this particularly annoying. But let me assure you, it isn't my intention to be around FG any longer than I have to. Reading the limping dog of a story that my, opinions/posts are by someone else , isn't conducive to anyone who uses forums, even after so many threads started , and post replied to, have been responded to by the very ones who cite it, this includes you, Spot

SOCK IT TO ME!
spot

deleting your account

Post by spot »

Clancy;560727 wrote: The last I heard, mrsK was considering either leaving a post with someone, or returning quickly , and leaving quickly once she posts what she has to say on that matter of being bullied. I hope she does decide to make it known, I know one of them, but I suspect there are more than one.Do you seriously think ForumGarden's the most appropriate place for it to be posted? I'd agree it's the only place where it could be posted and have the potential to generate an argument, but I'm not sure that's an adequate reason.

If, despite that, anyone does decide to attempt direct or collateral damage by such fly-by posting, I'd be so grateful if they could use names rather than "someone" or "somebody" or "some poster", I haven't managed to interpret much of what you've obscured in this thread at all.
minks

deleting your account

Post by minks »

Clancy;560448 wrote: Quite right , I'm going to take a moment to have a bit of a rant too.

Re; Over and over and over? Get over it We have?? As long as we're talking about shelf-life here....what was your quote from a few months ago, again? "I've waited this long , a few more hours or days won't make that much of a difference, and this was in relation to something that had your nose out of place since what ...2004/5 ???

Very convenient for you to say, Re: "We aren't interested" just who exactly is we? Yourself & Spot ? or, Nomad, he who's Still sending PM's to some of the women to annoy ? PM's to people like, mrsK ? This may come as a shock , but this isn't your forum, nor is it, Spot's , or the other one who's been insidiously trying his utmost to get people to vacate Forum Garden.

The , butter wouldn't melt in your mouth , act might fool some who haven't been around here that long, but quite a few know it's not so clear cut as you'd like to make out. The simple truth is , what's gnawed away at you for god knows how long took many others in the wake of your obsession to remove someone out of here.

Some of us had formed friendships with the person you hated so much .....this happened months prior to your return to Forum Garden, some of us, hadn't the first clue why you were being such a rabid bitch on her return either , and to others who had the temerity to even talk to her , let alone make friends with her, were disposable to you. So you of all people saying to anyone, "Get Over It" ....is not only laughable, but ludicrous considering the time scale of your own vengeful quest.

Lets return to a well liked, and respected member, shall we? Namely, mrsk. Lets all hear from everyone who found this woman unpalatable...............Oh my, the silence is deafening. Lets look for a show of hands from all those who felt hard done to by, mrsK ........................well would you adam & eve it , I don't see any hands raised...hang on , I spoke too soon. there's Nomad's hand up , I knew it would be, he's one of the ones who's been dutifully telling her to move on. So, she asked for her account to be deleted, I mean , who wouldn't ....who's going to believe that the "lovely" Nommie would do such a thing , Hmmm?

Lets have another, shall we? How about ArnoldLayne ...he was here much longer than, mrsK , and he met quite a few people in the first Forum Garden , meet, so lets all hear from the throng that were verbally savaged by, Arnold on a daily basis , and caused so many such grief ................yep, just as I thought, I heard a pin drop over in the corner.

Re: acting as if some sort of conflict still exists. It doesn't. You keep reciting that mantra to yourself, koan ...Nomad too, maybe one day you'll convince yourself that it's true, the newbies will think you're the new, Bodhisattva, or for any lapsed catholics, Oh God Head I .

One last thing for now, and then I'll move on. I was informed you brought me into a conversation regarding a personal pic I'd had some fun with in here? Lets ask all the ladies who felt threatened by it, or were pestered in any shape or form after that "single" fun post was sent round ..........................yeah, just as I thought, it's went all quiet again. Perhaps it's because you're a writer? you work so much in fiction, that you believe your own blarney.

Bye for now.

why do you just come in here and post only to start controversy, you rarely contribute anymore to FG but as soon as feathers start to get ruffled you appear???? I haven't even finished this thread, I wonder how many more of you showed up to do just the same???

― Mae West
minks

deleting your account

Post by minks »

flopstock;560741 wrote: I miss them quite often still. Far was a particular favorite and I felt like I was just getting to know and enjoy basco...:(

Me to Far was a huge asset to this place but notice he still maintains his account and knows when to step out when it's not his thing.

― Mae West
RhondaLu

deleting your account

Post by RhondaLu »

Clancy;560738 wrote: Hello Gail

Last I heard you got hit on the head with a half price salami by a crazed, one eyed spinster in the infamous, Costco two for one sausage incident

......... that must have sent a shudder throughout the drivers rest room , huh ?:driving:

ETA .Say Hello everyone to , Gail aka StupidCowboyTricks

(You have that "Accountable Mantra" going, please say hello to this person for me)

About that salami, how far up did your 'Clique stick it up your bum'?

Was that how "SnoozeControl", obtained?
saffy

deleting your account

Post by saffy »

Pixie!:-6
saffy

deleting your account

Post by saffy »

Clancy;560763 wrote: Got in one :guitarist

bless her, have a sun clancy;) :-6

btw off topic but that links working now..lazy sorted it.

Return to “General Chit Chat”