E-mail from my an accountant

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
nvalleyvee

Post by nvalleyvee »

I got your message. You are a bit early to be requesting a draft K-1. I should be able to get you one in the next 2-3 weeks, which is plenty of time to get a timely extension payment into the IRS.

Well people.............................

Last year I did not get a final draft until mid September..............cost me another $800.00 in penalty and interest. So this is the return e-mail I sent this bone head..............

Thank you for the timely reply to my request for a draft of the K-1 for XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I am only trying to get an idea of how much I will owe. The end of February or the first of March will be very timely for me to file my ES for 2006.

May I ask you a question? How would you like it if you did not get your final tax papers until mid September? This happened to me last year. If there is any more tax owed.....there is penalty and interest due on the balance. Who do I invoice for those monies due the IRS through no fault of my own or my accountant?

Thank you

What do you think? I think I made my point.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
weeder

Post by weeder »

Get your accountant to file an extension. NOW It is good until October, There will be no interest or penalties.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”