Superbowl

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Wolverine

Superbowl

Post by Wolverine »

was anybody else as impressed with Prince during the halftime show as i was.

a bunch of guys i know went and watched it, and they've heard me for years saying what a guitar-slinger that little man is.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Marie5656

Superbowl

Post by Marie5656 »

I didn't watch the half time show.
Erinna1112

Superbowl

Post by Erinna1112 »

flopstock;543653 wrote: I was impressed with how bad he really is, does that count?:wah:

Yeah, that. It was terrible. Oh, and Aunt Jemima called, she wants her do-rag back. And that sheet. Geezus, was I the only one in hysterics over that??? I'm stunned at all the media outcry over that..."Was it supposed to be that phallic??? " This is PRINCE. Of COURSE it was supposed to be.

But what really gets me is that with a musical hotspot like Miami, they have to drag in this weird little midget from Minnesota for the halftime show?? Gloria Estefan gets to introduce the most mind-numbingly dull and confusing opening act (Cirque du Soleil, which normally I really like but this was just WEIRD) and that's the extent of the local talent in the whole thing? I don't know why this surprises me, though...just look at last year, in Detroit. DETROIT. Can you say "Motown"? Can you say, "Awesomely terrifically hugely popular wicked cool reunion show?" Apparently the Superbowl committee can't, because they imported the Stones, at probably three times what a Motown show would have cost. Yeesh. Sacrilege.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Patsy Warnick

Superbowl

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I liked the half time show. I thought Prince did a great job.

Patsy
Wolverine

Superbowl

Post by Wolverine »

Patsy Warnick;543773 wrote: I liked the half time show. I thought Prince did a great job.

Patsy

thankyou. at least i'm not completely alone.

Get your mind out of the gutter - it's blocking my view

Mind like a steel trap - Rusty and Illegal in 37 states.

Patsy Warnick

Superbowl

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Wolverine

There wasn't much positive being said - I hesitated to reply, I then thought maybe you were being sarcastic. :-3

I thought he put on a great show - I enjoyed him. I enjoy his music.

No wardrobe malfunction, Prince is just odd / unique.

Patsy
Erinna1112

Superbowl

Post by Erinna1112 »

I like Prince too. This performance, quite plainly, sucked. It was badly staged, the sound was terrible, the choice of music was odd, and he definitely had a wardrobe malfunction - when he picked what he was going to wear. Love him in a hat. The Aunt Jemima rag has GOT to go.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
nvalleyvee

Superbowl

Post by nvalleyvee »

Hate Prince....didn't watch it.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “General Chit Chat”