The 5 richest areas in Australia

A forum to discuss local issues in Australia.
loser

Post by loser »

Okay ozmeisters.

Just interested in what you think would be the 5 richest areas in Australia. I havn't googled it(either should you, so no cheating ;) ). Try and rank them in order. I have a guestimate in my brain so am interested to compare it to your rankings.
loser

Post by loser »

I was a bit more sydney centric than you Diaretic. Although, you did have Toorak in it which I had also. I am interested in your WA and NT choices. I know nothing about them. What are they like?

My guesses were

1 North Shore, Kirribilli etc

2 Double Bay, Rose Bay

3 Noosa

4 Toorak

5 Jutland Parade area, Perth

Not sure how my guesses were. To tell you the truth, i didn't have a clue haha. But would find it hard to think of many areas topping sydney. Sydney is bloody expensive. Main reason I don't live there haha
Amie

Post by Amie »

Hmmm... ok my guesses would be.......

NSW

Darling Point

VIC

Toorak for sure

Portsea/coast areas there

QLD

Ascot

Clayfield

TAS

Sandy Bay

WA

never been there so no idea I'm afraid..

NT

Can't remember what it's called... the place on the manmade marina or Fannie Bay

SA

Who cares :wah::wah:
loser

Post by loser »

Amie;542153 wrote: Hmmm... ok my guesses would be.......

NSW

Darling Point

VIC

Toorak for sure

Portsea/coast areas there

QLD

Ascot

Clayfield

TAS

Sandy Bay

WA

never been there so no idea I'm afraid..

NT

Can't remember what it's called... the place on the manmade marina or Fannie Bay

SA

Who cares :wah::wah:

Its a good attempt Amie. I think though that Noosa and Port Douglas are ahead of brissy suburbs. Having said that though, Brissy is a beautiful city. One of the underrated pearls of Australia IMO. You get such good value for money there.
loser

Post by loser »

Actually that is two of you who have said fanny bay(what a name :wah: )

I have never heard of it before, so you learn something every day. i will google it now out of interest.
OzBoy

Post by OzBoy »

Are we talking about the entire economic footprint of a cetain area of just real estate, salaries, taxes etc? In any case here is my list.

NSW Sydney - Elizabeth Bay/Darling Point/Double Bay

VIC Melbourne - Toorak

WA Perth - Cottesloe

SA - Adelaide - maybe Prospect?

NT - Alice Srings Cromwell Dr

ACT - Red Hill/O'Malley

TAS - Not sure

QLD - Brisbane Ascot
loser

Post by loser »

OzBoy;542295 wrote: Are we talking about the entire economic footprint of a cetain area of just real estate, salaries, taxes etc? In any case here is my list.

Actually, it is a fair question. There are two different ways to measure wealth, income and assets.

The areas we have been talking about are wealthy in both. If you google average income per postcode, you will find all the areas that you have listed above.

It is possible though to have wealthy areas by property value but moderate income average. Eg rich coastal areas where retirees live. They have moderate retirement income, but their property might be worth millions.
Amie

Post by Amie »

loser;542156 wrote: Its a good attempt Amie. I think though that Noosa and Port Douglas are ahead of brissy suburbs. Having said that though, Brissy is a beautiful city. One of the underrated pearls of Australia IMO. You get such good value for money there.

Value for money in what? Houses? It's a complete travesty up here. But ok... :wah:
loser

Post by loser »

Amie;542895 wrote: Value for money in what? Houses? It's a complete travesty up here. But ok... :wah:

Why is it a travesty? :-3
loser

Post by loser »

OzBoy;542295 wrote: Are we talking about the entire economic footprint of a cetain area of just real estate, salaries, taxes etc? In any case here is my list.

NSW Sydney - Elizabeth Bay/Darling Point/Double Bay

VIC Melbourne - Toorak

WA Perth - Cottesloe

SA - Adelaide - maybe Prospect?

NT - Alice Srings Cromwell Dr

ACT - Red Hill/O'Malley

TAS - Not sure

QLD - Brisbane Ascot

Why didn't you put Noosa in your list ozboy? That is a real burn to the fine upstanding residents of that great town haha
OzBoy

Post by OzBoy »

loser;549017 wrote: Why didn't you put Noosa in your list ozboy? That is a real burn to the fine upstanding residents of that great town haha

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Return to “Australia”