Dog Weaving

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Lulu2

Dog Weaving

Post by Lulu2 »

Probably not what you THINK it is!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
abbey

Dog Weaving

Post by abbey »

Cool :cool:
LilacDragon

Dog Weaving

Post by LilacDragon »

A majority of my "dog" friends train in agility so when you said that it was probably NOT what I thought it was - I got some strange ideas. :wah:
Sandi

Erinna1112

Dog Weaving

Post by Erinna1112 »

Hehehe...that was exactly what I thought it was going to be. I love watching these things on TV. The big dogs keep their left paw on the left side of the poles the whole way down, and their right paw on the right side...but the little dogs move both feet together and sort of "hop" between the poles. It's interesting to see the differences. But wow, that was a long run. Usually they're only about a third of that length, in the middle of a course of other things. I wonder if that was purpose-made for the Guiness attempt. Way cool, either way :)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Lulu2

Dog Weaving

Post by Lulu2 »

it IS fun, isn't it? And so unnatural that dogs who do it are really exceptional!

And they're so HAPPY with themselves, once they've done it!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
valerie

Dog Weaving

Post by valerie »

I knew what it was, too!! I've seen "Jazz" before, but not that long one,

just shorter clips other times.

The BC's always seem to do so well at all of those agility things.

There was even a winning one on a "Water Dogs" program I saw

recently, the longest jump (I think it was around 28 feet or so) and

these thing is competing against Labs and Chessies, traditional

retrievers.

It's almost like they should have their own class for everything!

:)
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Lulu2

Dog Weaving

Post by Lulu2 »

We had a border collie when I was a child. Bruce would stand on the stairs and keep me from walking out of the yard. I can remember BANGING my doll carriage against his side, trying to shove him aside!

My mother's friend used to bring her baby over to visit and Bruce would walk home with her and then come back...we called it "convoy duty."

One day, they were about to cross the street and a car came racing through the intersection.

Bruce pushed the stroller aside and was hit by the car. He was killed.

True story.

(Dammit! All these years later & I'm crying now.)

Return to “Pets Animals”