The tsunami, a sign ???

Discuss the Christian Faith.
persephone

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by persephone »

Based on a post by a fellow student on my University notice board that is supposed to offer comfort to those who have lost :mad:

Is the tsunami the sign that God has sent to tell us Jesus is returning and the end is near (Luke 21 v 8-11) ???
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
anastrophe

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by anastrophe »

I'll take "meet the new apocalypse, same as the old apocalypse" for 100, alex.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Bullet

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by Bullet »

Signs signs everywhere the signs,...... good song. There has been signs all of my life, including the grilled cheese sandwich on ebay. Still waiting. NO the tsunami is not a sign, any more than the pile of laundry in my hamper shaped like a tombstone. Some body on another thread quoted a scripture about the apostles stating that the "time is nigh". Well that was over 1,900 years ago. I think they were trying to convey that we should live like it was the last days and be good little god fearing boys and girls. Signs, we don't need no stinkin signs....(good movie) we just need to live the good life as if it was our last days.
Death is more universal than life. For although everyone dies, not everyone truly lives.
abbey

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by abbey »

letha wrote: Based on a post by a fellow student on my University notice board that is supposed to offer comfort to those who have lost :mad:

Is the tsunami the sign that God has sent to tell us Jesus is returning and the end is near (Luke 21 v 8-11) ???

BET THEY'RE A BARREL OF LAUGHS!!! :-1
persephone

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by persephone »

BET THEY'RE A BARREL OF LAUGHS!!!

Well I thought it was wrong to offer comfort such as this... I have the ability to delete it, but think that would be unfair so now I have to carefully delete all the attacks this comforting post will generate (by attacks I mean serious verbal abuse) :-1
Bad Girls have very high standards, but they love you even if you sometimes fall short.
koan

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by koan »

I am unclear as to where the "comfort" is in an apocolyptic post. Perhaps you should clarify how this is supposed to convey comfort.
persephone

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by persephone »

I'd love to post This student's whole post on here, but I won't because this post was started on the subjuect she went on to preach about, but I will say that I have posted a reply saying how inappropriate I felt it was to use a platform such as this to preach.

I like to know how comfort can be gained by such a post, I've just read that apparently it can be though and I should not have commented on it being inappropriate :rolleyes:
capt_buzzard

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by capt_buzzard »

Funny one does not see the guy on the main high streets anymore with that sandwich board sign " The End Is Nye. :-6
BabyRider

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by BabyRider »

capt_buzzard wrote: Funny one does not see the guy on the main high streets anymore with that sandwich board sign " The End Is Nye. :-6
(If it's a sandwich board, shouldn't it be "The End is 'Rye'"?)

:yh_rotfl

I couldn't resist....
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Cass

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by Cass »

BabyRider wrote: "The End is 'Rye'"?
:D

persephone

The tsunami, a sign ???

Post by persephone »

capt_buzzard wrote: Funny one does not see the guy on the main high streets anymore with that sandwich board sign " The End Is Nye. :-6
No it now says "Golf Sale ----->" :wah:

Return to “Christianity”