Millimeter wave crowd control.

dubs

Post by dubs »

Just been reading about this, called "Silent Guardian"....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6297149.stm

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
jpcme

Post by jpcme »

I got to get me one of those. :yh_devil
guppy

Post by guppy »

heck this base is right by me......:-2
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

Perhaps what you really want to know Scrat, is if the Government ever intends to use it on American Citizens?
Link removed by moderator
spot

Post by spot »

Now's a good time to buy tinfoil jumpsuits. If that beast pushes out 2 or 4 micron infrared, tinfoil will reflect it all. Those are the wavelengths that get through the air without being absorbed. Any shorter and it'd be visible or ionizing radiation, any longer and it'd penetrate skin far more than they say - if it were millimeter technology it'd penetrate far deeper and the atmosphere attenuates those wavelengths so much that you'd see shimmering air where it got so excited.

I bet there's a line of raybans that does the same for keeping your eyes clear too, so if you see a bunch of people wearing tinfoil hats and cool shades in future you'll know what's deployed around the corner.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

Scrat;530925 wrote: Spot, I think it's signature is further down than infrared in the spectrum. It's a type of microwave generator with a dish to profect it. It's for crowd control, not warfare. That dish would get shot up really fast on the battlefield.

In that case I'm right, the 1/64th of an inch skin penetration is total nonsense, the energy will get halved for each unit of depth but that's a lot of live cells being destroyed in the process if they reach 50 degrees Celcius even for a short while. That's a terahertz transmitter? Then the air *will* shimmer, especially if it's humid that day, atmospheric attenuation is significant. If there's even a slight drizzle the air will go a stage further and steam, the operator will need to up the power by a factor of ten to get the same effect over that range, the millimeter waveband is so mopped up by water molecules (unlike the 2 and 4 micron windows). The only thing they have in common is they're reflected by tinfoil and they melt mars bars.

Does it qualify as a weapon, this box of tricks with a dish? If it doesn't, could the protesting crowd deploy one at the next G8 summit protest or would that just be unsporting?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

spot;530896 wrote:

I bet there's a line of raybans that does the same for keeping your eyes clear too, so if you see a bunch of people wearing tinfoil hats and cool shades in future you'll know what's deployed around the corner.

ROFL!

Return to “Warfare Military”