two faced cow

Fact is stranger than fiction.
SuzyB

two faced cow

Post by SuzyB »

jesse b;528181 wrote: RURAL RETREAT, Va., Jan. 24, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(AP)

(AP) Star, a calf born with two faces, is getting star treatment from dairyman Kirk Heldreth. Despite her malformed mouth, Star has been feeding from a bottle and is winning over Heldreth, who didn't expect her to live long after her Dec. 27 birth. He had considered donating the calf to Virginia Tech for scientific purposes, or even selling her for show.

"We'd like to keep the calf for a while and see how she does," he said.

Heldreth said he and his family have grown too attached to her to let her become a display piece. Star had been drawing the curious to Heldreth's southwest Virginia farm. He still sees about 40 to 50 visitors daily.

"She amazes us every day," he told the Bristol Herald-Courier.

Star feeds twice a day, normally drinking about two bottles of milk at each sitting. She often is cradled during feeding.

"We've spoiled her," he said.

While otherwise normal, Star has one upper jaw and two lower jaws. Heldreth believed initially she would have to be tube-fed. He's not sure whether she will be able to eat feed like a normal heifer.

"The unique thing about (Star) is she's got the will to survive more than any calf I've ever seen," Heldreth said.

___

I can't think of anything worse, the poor thing would either be prodded and poked for the rest of it's life or it will be sold to have people gathering around to see the deformed animal.:(
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Carl44

two faced cow

Post by Carl44 »

thank god for that i thought you were slagging some one off :o :o
Oscar Namechange

two faced cow

Post by Oscar Namechange »

A two faced cow?? hmmmmm Why does my ex mother-in-law spring to mind??? :yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
el guapo

two faced cow

Post by el guapo »

glad ya liked it
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

two faced cow

el guapo;1064476 wrote: glad ya liked it

You are just too funny :yh_rotfl

Now get back to that baby or I'll come to Surrey and stand in the next by-Election for Labour and give you a good trouncing. :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
el guapo

two faced cow

Post by el guapo »

oscar;1064480 wrote: You are just too funny :yh_rotfl

Now get back to that baby or I'll come to Surrey and stand in the next by-Election for Labour and give you a good trouncing. :wah:

mrs says 34 hrs labour was too long let alone another 4 yrs
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

two faced cow

el guapo;1064484 wrote: mrs says 34 hrs labour was too long let alone another 4 yrs

Thanks for that guppy, I will use that as a slogan in my election.

FOUR MORE YEARS OF GORDON :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”