Interested How Some Forums Have Only a Few Members.......

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cinamin

Post by cinamin »

It's interesting in a weird way how some forums have only a handful of members who participate. I mean literally a handful. And then when someone comes onto the forum who is "new" they are run off. And yet one will find threads started saying how certain members are "bored" that there aren't enough people in the forum. Or that some members only "pop in and out". Well I wonder why.

In the last couple years I've been sort of looking for different forums and in the process, I joined and left a few who were not so friendly. And they just stay that way, only a few members who write about the same old same old.

:rolleyes:
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I have visited other forums, I have a hard time with going to more than one...this one keeps me hoppin...don't think I could manage 2 at a time...

I told someone that I'm with forums like I am with men...one at a time...
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Hamster;527428 wrote: I spend most of the time on here.....I am a regular of one more and a member of two more which I never visit.

There isn't anything like this place though! :-4

I reckon your Wonder woman in disguise, i can barely find enough time to chat on one and try to keep up with housework! And you work too! :-6
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

I've signed up with other forums in the past, but they usually were topic specific. Got boring quicky. This is the first place I've felt I fit in, and can talk bout anything. :D
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

[QUOTE=WonderWendy3;527433]I have visited other forums, I have a hard time with going to more than one...this one keeps me hoppin...don't think I could manage 2 at a time...

I told someone that I'm with forums like I am with men...one at a time...[/QUOTE]

Now where's the fun in that :sneaky: :sneaky:
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Erinna1112

Post by Erinna1112 »

I'm the top poster on the other forum that I go to. I don't participate as much here, but I read a lot :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
guppy

Post by guppy »

I love fg and all the friends i have made on here but i have also found a home somewhere else too.....so i go back and forth....:D
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I know what you mean. Many forums become rather a tight knit group. This one is no exception. But I tend to think most of the folks here are welcoming of the new members who come on board..at least the ones who post often, and make them selves known in a friendly, non confrontive way.

Some folks have come onto forums (and I do NOT mean you, cinmon...come in and immediatly stir the water, and try to create a rift.

I have been here almost a year...and have found this generally a pretty friendly place.
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

One other thing..I have recently been visiting another forum. I like reading the posts, but find the place a bit hard for me to navigate. The people are friendly enough, that is not the issue..I am just having trouble fin ding my way around. I am not sure how often I will go back because of that.
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

I find that the forums I have been too,there are a as you call them (handful) of signed on people and far more guests coming in and out.

I find that those who do sign in and go too the trouble of creating a user name and a account if you will are the ones with the nads too stay and stand up for what they write.These guests that are here and there are just gawkers and wanna bes who don't got the chunks too join in,mostly where trolls come from I think.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Well, I think FG is a pretty nice place.

:-6
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

As do I.

And I think we welcome new people, too.

Considering that you are NOT a new member but merely one who has changed her posting name, I'd expect you'd know exactly who we are and how we manage our various relationships.

We're all doing the best we can.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I think that's a fair observation, Cinamin. And I agree with Marie's comments as well. I am in a couple other forums, one because I find it's somehow less "pc" than this one yet has more varied, interesting discussions and more "bite" if you will. Yet it's still respectful for the most part. I mean less arguing and whatnot. We have a lot of cool new members here who have made themselves at home and jumped right in which is great! But they've been nice. We've also have a number of obvious trolls which are not great. My wish for FG is that we could have more serious talks without hatred and that the board "moved" faster. More topics at a faster pace. :)
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

i only tend to post to people that i know are nice but there is nothing to stop a newbie from posting and joining in having a laugh, after all thats what i did when i joined , i tend to stay away from the more serious posts as i tend to upset people and wander far off topic and its been bought to my attention by the thread police , so fair cop guys , jimbo only on the light hearted threads now you can all post in peace :D :D
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

jimbo;527839 wrote: i only tend to post to people that i know are nice but there is nothing to stop a newbie from posting and joining in having a laugh, after all thats what i did when i joined , i tend to stay away from the more serious posts as i tend to upset people and wander far off topic and its been bought to my attention by the thread police , so fair cop guys , jimbo only on the light hearted threads now you can all post in peace :D :D

Yep and I for one miss your input on the serious threads. Thread Cops be damned! :wah: Come on back, please!! :)
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

thanks red , i know your being kind here :-4 :D but i cant help myself i just tend to go off track and to be honest i really did not know i was doing it , apart from the bereavement threads which are very close to my heart i'm afraid i cant be serious about anything , oh well people that want to be serious enjoy but have a happy beam from jimbo also :-6:-6
Malady Ash

Post by Malady Ash »

Im only a newbie here for a few days, but i have found so many threads that i like and the people are so friendly here and make you feel so much at home straight away its lovely.

I do have my own groups that i am manager off and i struggle so much to get people to answer posts, or start new subjects, we all have busy lives i know but it beats me why people bother to join a group and then dont post to make the group a nice place to visit, and keep it alive. There is no problem here :)

If anyone is interested in looking at my group the link is in my profile.

Hugs Malady Ash.
hoppy

Post by hoppy »

I'm a drifter. Other forums, other women, I MEANT OTHER BOARDS.
Trunk Monkey

Post by Trunk Monkey »

cinamin;527380 wrote: It's interesting in a weird way how some forums have only a handful of members who participate. I mean literally a handful. And then when someone comes onto the forum who is "new" they are run off. And yet one will find threads started saying how certain members are "bored" that there aren't enough people in the forum. Or that some members only "pop in and out". Well I wonder why.

In the last couple years I've been sort of looking for different forums and in the process, I joined and left a few who were not so friendly. And they just stay that way, only a few members who write about the same old same old.

:rolleyes:

I agree 100% with you. When I first came here the Pub was open to all members. Now unless you have a Pub Nutter name, you are not going to get in. The other one is TLW where again I guess you need a membership to get in. As you can see by the total posts I have made, I stay away from "private members only" threads. You are more than welcome to play word games with the "non-memeber" club and have some fun. This is a beautiful Garden and you just need to "plant" yourself where you will grow with others. :-6
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Trunk Monkey;872961 wrote: I agree 100% with you. When I first came here the Pub was open to all members. Now unless you have a Pub Nutter name, you are not going to get in. The other one is TLW where again I guess you need a membership to get in. As you can see by the total posts I have made, I stay away from "private members only" threads. You are more than welcome to play word games with the "non-memeber" club and have some fun. This is a beautiful Garden and you just need to "plant" yourself where you will grow with others. :-6
TM I hope you dont regard the FOC thread as a private members only thread....I love people coming onto there and its just a shame that some choose to ignore it and others pop on say hi and then go and dont even see their post replied to which I find such a shame.I told you awhile back you would always be welcome on there and where I am concerned nothing has changed.This forum is ace no doubt about it and we all love the games and the laughs but we all have a serious side and sometimes we like to express that side and should have threads to be able to do this.On the FOC one I have laughed till I was in tears and also cried at times as well over things.As in the everyday life we all cant get on I guess which is sad but is a fact however as we all know life is to short for bad feelings on a forum and when we feel there is we either stay well away from that person and just get on with our posting or try to make amends.I feel by your post that you are hurt .....well others may be feeling the same babe....but in the meantime remember that there are some nice threads out there and Im sure none would not make you welcome.....you have never done me any harm TM and as like any member on this Forum you would always be welcome on the FOC thread.
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Dweedle Dee

Post by Dweedle Dee »

TM, I wasn't aware of that. I'll make it a point to go post in those threads and upset the regulars. :sneaky:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Dweedle Dee;873008 wrote: TM, I wasn't aware of that. I'll make it a point to go post in those threads and upset the regulars. :sneaky:Well come on ours and be nice ah lol;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Trunk Monkey;872961 wrote: I agree 100% with you. When I first came here the Pub was open to all members. Now unless you have a Pub Nutter name, you are not going to get in. The other one is TLW where again I guess you need a membership to get in. As you can see by the total posts I have made, I stay away from "private members only" threads. You are more than welcome to play word games with the "non-memeber" club and have some fun. This is a beautiful Garden and you just need to "plant" yourself where you will grow with others. :-6

PJ,

The pubnutters pub is for everyone....it is not a private club. We were just having some fun making up jobs and names for anyone who stopped into the pub. No harm was ever meant for anyone:-6 Sorry if you felt that way
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My "The Last Word" thread is open to everyone as well. Your are always welcome to read and post there. Just remember that I am not "tlw". I am The Last Word.:)

We also have cake.:wah:
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

along-for-the-ride;873024 wrote: My "The Last Word" thread is open to everyone as well. Your are always welcome to read and post there. Just remember that I am not "tlw". I am The Last Word.:)

We also have cake.:wah:REALLY??????What type???:rolleyes::p
along-for-the-ride

Carolly;873025 wrote: REALLY??????What type???:rolleyes::p

What kind would you like, Carolly? Tell me and I shall bake it just for you.:)

Attached files
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

along-for-the-ride;873052 wrote: What kind would you like, Carolly? Tell me and I shall bake it just for you.:)Ermmmmm what about.....a sponge one filled with cream and strawberry's and lots of strawberry's and cream on top..............oh hell Im dribbling here:wah:;)
Dweedle Dee

Post by Dweedle Dee »

Carolly;873060 wrote: Ermmmmm what about.....a sponge one filled with cream and strawberry's and lots of strawberry's and cream on top..............oh hell Im dribbling here:wah:;)

I was flipping my hair after my shower to get it dry and I drooled while my head was upside down... and it went up my nose. How many people can say that?:o
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Trunk Monkey;872961 wrote: I agree 100% with you. When I first came here the Pub was open to all members. Now unless you have a Pub Nutter name, you are not going to get in.

The Pub is the Pub, it is open to all. Since I have been wondering for some time, why did they change the name on it? I do not have a Pub Nutter name and never will, but feel free to stop by whenever I want to. Everyone is always friendly.

:)
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

I feel out of sorts with the garden right now. Cant put my finger on it but im going elsewhere for fun right now, im hoping that forum garden special appeal will return soon as iv'e made lots of nice friends here.

p.s. I have never felt any thread on FG was a private area even the ones I wasnt welcome on :wah::wah::wah::wah::wah:
Dweedle Dee

Post by Dweedle Dee »

Doesn't anyone care about drool going up my nose? Sheesh!
along-for-the-ride

Carolly;873060 wrote: Ermmmmm what about.....a sponge one filled with cream and strawberry's and lots of strawberry's and cream on top..............oh hell Im dribbling here:wah:;)

You will find that lusciuos delight at my "The Last Word" thread waiting for you.:)
Chezzie

Post by Chezzie »

Dweedle Dee;873073 wrote: Doesn't anyone care about drool going up my nose? Sheesh!

erm nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo:p
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Dweedle Dee;873064 wrote: I was flipping my hair after my shower to get it dry and I drooled while my head was upside down... and it went up my nose. How many people can say that?:oDifferent I gotta say girl :wah:;)
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;873081 wrote: erm nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo:pOI CHEZZYBABY:-5I DO!!!!!!:rolleyes::p
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Chezzie;873069 wrote: I feel out of sorts with the garden right now. Cant put my finger on it but im going elsewhere for fun right now, im hoping that forum garden special appeal will return soon as iv'e made lots of nice friends here.

p.s. I have never felt any thread on FG was a private area even the ones I wasnt welcome on :wah::wah::wah::wah:Chez you are well liked here by so many and I regard you as a good friend and can only say thankyou TO FG for bringing you into my life;) and you will be missed girl:(xx
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

chonsigirl;873065 wrote: The Pub is the Pub, it is open to all. Since I have been wondering for some time, why did they change the name on it? I do not have a Pub Nutter name and never will, but feel free to stop by whenever I want to. Everyone is always friendly.

:)

someone just started calling everyone over their pubnutters and the name stuck so they contacted Tombstone and asked if he would change it, he said he thought it was a good idea since everyone on that thread now were new and not part of when the original was started. then we got to playing around with having jobs in the pub and that led to everybody choosing a name.

as for it being private it certainly is not and if you read back you will see that i talk to everybody who comes in there. all are welcome who want to come in and have a little fun!
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

along-for-the-ride;873075 wrote: You will find that lusciuos delight at my "The Last Word" thread waiting for you.:)

Dweedle Dee;873008 wrote: TM, I wasn't aware of that. I'll make it a point to go post in those threads and upset the regulars. :sneaky:

Dweedle Dee:-6

You won't upset anyone in the pub. The pub is here for everyone and all are alway welcome to any thread in the Forum Garden-6
Dweedle Dee

Post by Dweedle Dee »

Carolly;873098 wrote: Chez you are well liked here by so many and I regard you as a good friend and can only say thankyou TO FG for bringing you into my life;) and you will be missed girl:(xx

I think she's fab.:-4
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Dweedle Dee;873106 wrote: I think she's fab.:-4

hey where'd you go? Kathy and i are waiting at the pub, we want to go stake out the men's room and see what happens!:sneaky::wah:
along-for-the-ride

Hope6;873100 wrote: someone just started calling everyone over their pubnutters and the name stuck so they contacted Tombstone and asked if he would change it, he said he thought it was a good idea since everyone on that thread now were new and not part of when the original was started. then we got to playing around with having jobs in the pub and that led to everybody choosing a name.

as for it being private it certainly is not and if you read back you will see that i talk to everybody who comes in there. all are welcome who want to come in and have a little fun!

:thinking:

I need to contact Tombstone as well. Seems I'm confusing folks with the tlw thread and my "The Last Word" thread. HHHHHHmmmm. I don't want it to be private.......I just want the title changed a little bit. Please.........Tombstone.

AFTR's The Last Word.

Return to “General Chit Chat”