Do you fear the End?

cars

Do you fear the End?

Post by cars »

Or is it a "new beginning"?

Whatever the religion/belief, no one "you know" has ever come back to enlighten us.
Cars :)
Carl44

Do you fear the End?

Post by Carl44 »

i dont fear my grizzly end for myself but i worry about my loved ones that are left behind ,i dont want them to mourn for me i want them to do as i do think of the good times you had with your loved ones and be happy.At best there is a heaven and you will see your family again at worst there aint and you will be asleep for ever either way no worries :D :-6
Carl44

Do you fear the End?

Post by Carl44 »

helefra;520816 wrote: Firstly Cars what an excellent thread to start - I wish I had thought of a question like this. ;)

Secondly, I don't fear what is going to happen to me when I die but I fear dying because I don't want to die in pain, I want to die peacefully like my granddad did. He died in his sleep and I think that's the best way to go. He also died on New Year's Eve just before New Year's Day had begun so you could say he saw the old year and left.

sorry to hear about your grandad :-1 :-1
Uncle Kram

Do you fear the End?

Post by Uncle Kram »

Like Jimbo said, the only thing that upsets me when I think about dying is the idea of my kids being upset. That always moves me. I have always imagined death to be the same as before I was born. ie: nothing. All the elements and molecules that for a brief period came together to form me, will once again go their separate ways.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
theia

Do you fear the End?

Post by theia »

If I'm honest with myself, yes, I fear death. I have various beliefs and ideas about what happens afterwards but I don't know for sure and the unknowing scares me.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
weeder

Do you fear the End?

Post by weeder »

I dont fear the end. I dont want it to be some horrible, painful death. I am not concerned with where I will go after, Im gone. I do have major concerns about my remains. I have a morbid fear of being embalmed. Vain till the very end... I dont want undertakers looking at my naked body and saying " Too bad this woman couldnt have had a tummy tuck" I want to be cremated. I shudder at the thought of going into an oven.... but a box in the ground is even more horrible. I dont want to die... But I do want to die if I ever turn out to be a burden to my children, because I cant take care of myself.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Fibonacci

Do you fear the End?

Post by Fibonacci »

AngelEyes brought up a god point. Are we talking about the Rapture or Death?

I only know about the rapture because of the Left Behind books. And if it anything like what I read, I better start praying right now!:yh_pray

I dont fear death. When its time to go, its time to go.
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Uncle Kram

Do you fear the End?

Post by Uncle Kram »

weeder;520886 wrote: I dont fear the end. I dont want it to be some horrible, painful death. I am not concerned with where I will go after, Im gone. I do have major concerns about my remains. I have a morbid fear of being embalmed. Vain till the very end... I dont want undertakers looking at my naked body and saying " Too bad this woman couldnt have had a tummy tuck" I want to be cremated. I shudder at the thought of going into an oven.... but a box in the ground is even more horrible. I dont want to die... But I do want to die if I ever turn out to be a burden to my children, because I cant take care of myself.
I've told my kids to put me in a bin-liner and take me up the tip.

cars

Do you fear the End?

Post by cars »

helefra;520816 wrote: Firstly Cars what an excellent thread to start - I wish I had thought of a question like this. ;)

Secondly, I don't fear what is going to happen to me when I die but I fear dying because I don't want to die in pain, I want to die peacefully like my granddad did. He died in his sleep and I think that's the best way to go. He also died on New Year's Eve just before New Year's Day had begun so you could say he saw the old year and left.
Thanks hele, & my condolances for you Granddad. When you come down to really think about it, that's the best way to go is in your sleep. I think most of us would like that option, if it was possible to choose.
Cars :)
Galbally

Do you fear the End?

Post by Galbally »

I don't want to die in pain or fear, and its sad sometimes to think that everything I was will one day be gone and the memories I have of people already gone, will go too, but its the nature of things, and you do get to pass along some of yourself if you have children. Its something that we all think of from time to time, but its going to happen anyway, so you might as well get on with being alive while you are, because it doesn't last very long. Life is for living, not dying or being dead, you have the rest of time to do that. :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
YZGI

Do you fear the End?

Post by YZGI »

Of course I fear it a bit. But I told my wife , no funeral for me I want a big party thrown in my behalf. I dont want me dieing to ruin anyones day.
Galbally

Do you fear the End?

Post by Galbally »

YZGI;520976 wrote: Of course I fear it a bit. But I told my wife , no funeral for me I want a big party thrown in my behalf. I dont want me dieing to ruin anyones day.

In Ireland, people expect a big day out at a funeral, so at least I know everyone will be drunk for about 36 hours after I am dead, thats comforting somehow! :wah: And as the irish saying goes, "may I get into heaven half an hour before the devil knows I am dead".

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
CARLA

Do you fear the End?

Post by CARLA »

Pretty much what I told my daughter and sisters. Quick and fast not casket, no viewing just dust me and be done with it I won't feel a thing.

Of course no one what to die painfully. Like Helefra's grandad my father sat in his favorite chair on their patio rested his head on his left hand and died. That is how I hope I go painless.

If there is a Heaven or some place where all the departed gather I look forward to seeing my father who died peacefully but way to young at 57.

None of us get off this planet alive, so enjoy every minuted you have here on earth they are special. :-6

[QUOTE]I've told my kids to put me in a bin-liner and take me up the tip.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

YZGI

Do you fear the End?

Post by YZGI »

I always wondered why the funeral directors didnt put smiles on the people after they died. I mean they dont have to go to work the next day for crying out loud. I think I will tell my wife to have them put a big smile on me just to freak a few of them out when they view me. And whats up with that. I dont need to see dead people.
WonderWendy3

Do you fear the End?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

cars;520776 wrote: Or is it a "new beginning"?

Whatever the religion/belief, no one "you know" has ever come back to enlighten us.

I don't fear dying or the rapture....I just really would like to be here until my kids grow up and see my grand-babies...would like to live a happy life here on this crazy earth while I can...

funny that you asked this...My son said to me last night (he's 12 and is facinated with dangerous animals) "I think it would be really cool to have my head bitten off by a shark...what a cool way to die--chomp, painless" I just looked at him and said "note to self, never take Malachi to Ocean EVER!!" :-4
Galbally

Do you fear the End?

Post by Galbally »

Oh when I am gone you can throw me in the bog, or cut me up or whatever, just don't dress me up in a suit and bring me to dinner, that would be gross.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
YZGI

Do you fear the End?

Post by YZGI »

Wendybird;521049 wrote: I wonder if I would fit in the re-cycle bin :thinking:

I have already signed an agreement to have all my worthwhile organs donated and what is left goes to medical science in the UK. They can do what they want with it.

I would rather someone learn something from my carcass than it be burnt in a fire or stuck in the ground. There will be a service for me but no body to dispose of. Once I am gone I am gone. I haven't thought of anything further than that.
Thats another thing. Why are our innards named after a musical instrument?
Galbally

Do you fear the End?

Post by Galbally »

YZGI;521059 wrote: Thats another thing. Why are our innards named after a musical instrument?

Only the wind instruments.

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Uncle Kram

Do you fear the End?

Post by Uncle Kram »

Wendybird;521049 wrote: I wonder if I would fit in the re-cycle bin :thinking:

I have already signed an agreement to have all my worthwhile organs donated and what is left goes to medical science in the UK. They can do what they want with it.

I would rather someone learn something from my carcass than it be burnt in a fire or stuck in the ground. There will be a service for me but no body to dispose of. Once I am gone I am gone. I haven't thought of anything further than that.
I've considered leaving my body to Science-Fiction

cherandbuster

Do you fear the End?

Post by cherandbuster »

Wendybird;521715 wrote: You just want to be probed don't yah! ;)

Did someone mention some good probing? :sneaky: :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Return to “General Religious Discussions”