To Accountable.

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Saffron

To Accountable.

Post by Saffron »

What's the point in arguing with a person that thinks they are always right.:-3

In my eyes, you are...................

Somebody finish this sentence.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
cherandbuster

To Accountable.

Post by cherandbuster »

flopstock;517757 wrote: wouldn't it be a lot more frustrating to argue with someone who thinks they are wrong, yet are willing to argue with you anyways?:thinking:

Excellent point, Floopy! :guitarist

Saffron, I'm not sure of the point of your thread -- are you implying that Acc always thinks he is right? :confused:
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

spot

To Accountable.

Post by spot »

Saffron;517742 wrote: What's the point in arguing with a person that thinks they are always right.:-3I vigorously deny ever having thought I was always right. Nearly always comes close but there's a difference.

The point in arguing with a person that thinks they are always right is to practice your skill at ordering facts and forming reasonable opinions from them, assuming you happen to disagree with their position. If they're uncertain whether they're right or not they provide far less stable goalposts to kick between.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
chonsigirl

To Accountable.

Post by chonsigirl »

:-1 Oh, spot mentioned goalposts! I'm going back to the consolation bench...........:)
buttercup

To Accountable.

Post by buttercup »

Saffron;517742 wrote: What's the point in arguing with a person that thinks they are always right.:-3

A man :-2
valerie

To Accountable.

Post by valerie »

In my eyes, saff, you are sh*t disturbing. Maybe you should read the

TOS again. I'm not at ALL sure, but I think this sort of thread comes

pretty close to "baiting" or harassing another member.

And I don't think it's right to do, and I said so.

Carry on.

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Bez

To Accountable.

Post by Bez »

Saffron;517742 wrote: What's the point in arguing with a person that thinks they are always right.:-3

If you've got a problem with an individual, best PM them. Not sure where you're coming from anyway.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
koan

To Accountable.

Post by koan »

If you mean an argument to authority as a logical fallacy then you have a counter argument. As soon as someone presents themselves as an authority then the onus is on them to convince of their qualifications.

If you are just taking beef with someone always having a response to everything you say then be thankful if it is a well reasoned argument. There is nothing worse, imo, than committing to a debate and getting nothing to sink your teeth into. I've been told recently that I'm about to receive a history lesson in another thread and I eagerly await it. Knowing that I have much evidence to support my own argument I am looking forward to a good debate. If I receive a load of pap to which the only response is "come back when you can put two sentences together" then I will be much disappointed.
Lulu2

To Accountable.

Post by Lulu2 »

And this thread was posted in the open (without an "I AM JOKING" icon) because???
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
spot

To Accountable.

Post by spot »

Lulu2;518051 wrote: And this thread was posted in the open (without an "I AM JOKING" icon) because???Because "I AM JOKING" icons do nothing whatever to attenuate the offence of the words employed, I thought we all knew that by now. "I AM JOKING" icons are merely a fudge to allow people to subsequently try to weasel out of what they originally said.

Wah bloody wah.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Lulu2

To Accountable.

Post by Lulu2 »

Ah, Flopstock..you haven't heard? SOME people needn't respond to icons because SOME people have set their preferences so they don't see them!

Convenient, eh? It means they can ignore a happy comment and then publicly simmer with "righteous resentment."
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
spot

To Accountable.

Post by spot »

Lulu2;518068 wrote: Ah, Flopstock..you haven't heard? SOME people needn't respond to icons because SOME people have set their preferences so they don't see them!Which preference option is this to which you refer, Lulu? Perhaps your Control Panel differs from mine in some significant respect.
koan

To Accountable.

Post by koan »

I'm having trouble understanding why people think the OP was a joke.

As far as I had seen, Saffron was arguing with Accountable in another thread, got frustrated and started this thread to get feedback on how to deal with her frustration. I may be wrong.

I think so far she has received some reasonable feedback overall.

Putting Accountable's name on the thread title lets him know that the discussion is going on so that it can't be considered to be "behind his back". I'm pleased when my attention is drawn to a problem concerning me. Usually it is not and I find that far more irritating.
Galbally

To Accountable.

Post by Galbally »

I think accountable is always right, whats the point? And I know, because everything I say is always true as well. I do like arguing with people who realize that I am always right, though they are usually short arguments, then again, if god had intended men to think they were always right, he wouldn't have invented women would she? :thinking:
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Saffron

To Accountable.

Post by Saffron »

koan;518080 wrote: I'm having trouble understanding why people think the OP was a joke.

As far as I had seen, Saffron was arguing with Accountable in another thread, got frustrated and started this thread to get feedback on how to deal with her frustration. I may be wrong.

I think so far she has received some reasonable feedback overall.

Putting Accountable's name on the thread title lets him know that the discussion is going on so that it can't be considered to be "behind his back". I'm pleased when my attention is drawn to a problem concerning me. Usually it is not and I find that far more irritating.

You are correct in your observations. thanks for this. I actually got a "warning" for calling him an idiot. And yet he has been allowed to name call at least 2 others here. One of which is a friend. So where is the fairness in that? It seems the only thing I can do is just leave him on my ignore list.:rolleyes:
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Patsy Warnick

To Accountable.

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Saffron

I don't argue - I call that a waste of spit..

I will discuss in a normal tone of voice - during that discussion I will not throw mud. By that I mean its childish behavior to call someone a name/insult just because your point of view is different.

Alot of times listening to another point of view is healthy and a learning experience. Having a different point of view can be frustrating - don't try too hard to get your point of view across.

You know where you stand, and thats what counts. If you take on another persons point of view - (just to fit in) than your being manipulated or insecure or a follower, I'm none of the mentioned.

If your insulted - calmly state you didn't appreciate it and leave it as that. The one insulting you will need to grow up - and you don't have time to wait .

This high tec world - talking to others from everywhere - can be difficult to express yourself, since others don't know eachother. So, you have to move on.

If there has been a conflict here at FG - I am sorry - just know your a good person - a better person for not throwing mud. If it was a offensive insult, you can report it.

again I'm sorry and I have enjoyed your posts

Patsy

I was called a slut - and nothing was done -I refused to argue with her. Childish
BabyRider

To Accountable.

Post by BabyRider »

Saffron;518195 wrote: So where is the fairness in that?

Since none of us has the control over who gets slapped, or disciplined, or "warned" or any of that, except Tombstone, what IS the point of this thread?
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

Galbally

To Accountable.

Post by Galbally »

mrsK;518177 wrote: OH Wow, such brave words from thousands of miles away & behind a computer screen.

I married Mr Right I just didn't know his first name was "Always";)

Yes, its a common complaint. :wah:

Look, the trick with men is to let them "think" they are right, and then do whatever the actual "right" thing is to do. We are suckers really you know. :rolleyes: It's alright, we don't mind, as long as you laugh at our jokes, thats all we ask. :-4

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Saffron

To Accountable.

Post by Saffron »

Patsy Warnick;518196 wrote: again I'm sorry and I have enjoyed your posts

Patsy

I was called a slut - and nothing was done -I refused to argue with her. Childish

Wow.

thanks

Babyrider wrote:

Since none of us has the control over who gets slapped, or disciplined, or "warned" or any of that, except Tombstone, what IS the point of this thread?
I just wanted to write it. In order to see where it goes and other's viewpoints.

I've had "issues" with Accountable ever since I've come here off and on. And it doesn't go away.
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
Galbally

To Accountable.

Post by Galbally »

mrsK;518209 wrote: I have been married to "Always" for 34 years ,I know exactly how to play the man think game Gal;) :wah:

I defeintly defer to your greater experience here mrsk! If ive leaned anything in my own 35 years, its to be quiet when someone older and wiser than me is talking! Well, I do me best! :wah:

Le Rochefoucauld.

My dad 1986.
Patsy Warnick

To Accountable.

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Saffron

Sometimes that happens. One person instantly attacks another for no apparent reason. Its that persons problem not yours. They need to feel in control,smarter,some need to challenge others since their life sucks.

I have a couple who go out of their way to make my posts unpleasant.

Go to " Anti-War Protester " is a thread about politics, then out of the blue one person wants to throw mud at me. Its not funny - it wasn't made to be funny and It had nothing to do with the topic - it was unnecessary and out of line.. I won't play that game.

Everyone needs to understand - we come from everywhere - we all have problems/difficulties, whether its our health, job, money, children, divorce etc..

FG should be interesting - up lifting - fun.

Move on Saffron - avoid the ones you lock horns with - lifes too short for their games.

Talk to you soon - did you get that library job?

Patsy
Rain

To Accountable.

Post by Rain »

sighing
valerie

To Accountable.

Post by valerie »

Saffron;518204 wrote: Wow.

thanks

I just wanted to write it. In order to see where it goes and other's viewpoints.

I've had "issues" with Accountable ever since I've come here off and on. And it doesn't go away.

It doesn't go away 'cause you don't let it. You say you have him on ignore

then IGNORE. Starting a thread like this is picking at scabs, pure plain

and simple. Do a ONE-SIDED "cease fire". It will be great, trust me.

For you as well as the Garden.

I've tried one other time recently, and I'll try again. LET IT GO. In the

bigger scheme of things, IT DON'T MATTER.

I'm finding it very easy to let stuff go. But then, I'm made of sterner

stuff than some, I guess.

OPINION, PEOPLE.

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Lulu2

To Accountable.

Post by Lulu2 »

Let it go.

Put him on "ignore." It works beautifully.
BabyRider

To Accountable.

Post by BabyRider »

Magenta flame;518307 wrote: It's not fair why hasn't someone started a thread about hating me ....go on I know you want to.
I would if I wasn't violently opposed to lying. :p Too bad I'm not violently opposed to violence....:-3
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Lulu2

To Accountable.

Post by Lulu2 »

I Seeeeee Youuuuuuu! ;) I'm trying to think of a reason I hate you.....

but I can't.
Saffron

To Accountable.

Post by Saffron »

Patsy Warnick;518221 wrote: Saffron

Sometimes that happens. One person instantly attacks another for no apparent reason. Its that persons problem not yours. They need to feel in control,smarter,some need to challenge others since their life sucks.

I have a couple who go out of their way to make my posts unpleasant.

Go to " Anti-War Protester " is a thread about politics, then out of the blue one person wants to throw mud at me. Its not funny - it wasn't made to be funny and It had nothing to do with the topic - it was unnecessary and out of line.. I won't play that game.

Everyone needs to understand - we come from everywhere - we all have problems/difficulties, whether its our health, job, money, children, divorce etc..

FG should be interesting - up lifting - fun.

Move on Saffron - avoid the ones you lock horns with - lifes too short for their games.

Talk to you soon - did you get that library job?

Patsy

My interview's thursday.:o
Your Kitty Forum

My Website
BabyRider

To Accountable.

Post by BabyRider »

Magenta flame;518322 wrote: babyrider don't worry about the violence bit ...just after I wrote that last post I stubbed my toe on the PC desk. that's karma for you
Now see...the difference is, if I had done that, I would have beat my desk into kindling with the very handy collapsible baton I carry. Violence AND temper....sheesh....:thinking:
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

AussiePam

To Accountable.

Post by AussiePam »

Magenta, MrsK.. I'll be piggy in the middle and keep you both civilised... (translates, I'll hand out cold tinnies). Hey BR - that's the feisty Friend I love!!! Put down the axe.... grin...
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

BabyRider

To Accountable.

Post by BabyRider »

AussiePam;518335 wrote: Hey BR - that's the feisty Friend I love!!! Put down the axe.... grin...
Axe? I scoff at axes. Gimme my baton, or, better yet, the new .45 Colt that fires the .45 OR .410 shot shells!! Oh yeah!! NOW you're talkin' a firearm!!!

Sorry....got a little excited there.....:-2
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

AussiePam

To Accountable.

Post by AussiePam »

BabyRider;518338 wrote: Axe? I scoff at axes. Gimme my baton, or, better yet, the new .45 Colt that fires the .45 OR .410 shot shells!! Oh yeah!! NOW you're talkin' a firearm!!!

Sorry....got a little excited there.....:-2

Grin.. Okay, I'll have the axe, and I'll bring my trusty longbow too. Just in case we want to keep our little bit of fun quiet, know what I mean?! But please do bring all the guns.... what was the question???
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Return to “General Chit Chat”