The Sopranos!

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Delilah

The Sopranos!

Post by Delilah »

I am completely infatuated with the Sopranos..I now have seasons 1-5 on box set and looking forward to getting the sixth! Is there anyone else out there who watches it as well? I cancelled HBO, so I haven't seen the sixth season, but I'm sure it's just as great as the other five. :)
weeder

The Sopranos!

Post by weeder »

I am addicted also. Dont have cable, so I rented every season on cds. 1-6.

I did find the 6th season to be a little dissapointing.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Delilah

The Sopranos!

Post by Delilah »

weeder;511081 wrote: I am addicted also. Dont have cable, so I rented every season on cds. 1-6.

I did find the 6th season to be a little dissapointing.

Really? Aww..and I didn't even realise it was out on DVD. :eek: Looks like I'll be making a trip to the video store tomorrow.

Why did you find it disappointing? Not enough dramas?
weeder

The Sopranos!

Post by weeder »

I think the story line is getting a little stripped. I, like everyone else, have been completlely enthralled with Tony. But its gotten to the point where if I watch him fornicate, or gorge himself one more time, Ill throw up. There are going to be 6 or 8 episodes after the 6th season, and then that is it. I think everyone on the show is incredible actors. The writers managed to create people who are evil but lovable at the same time. I honestly dont even rememnber much about the 6th. I think Carmella took her trip to France. AJ has a girlfriend. Chris is cheating on the wife.... what else is new? I do have a couple of ideas about how the series is going to end. One of my theories is interesting, the other is horrible. Ive started a new addiction. Six Feet Under.
cherandbuster

The Sopranos!

Post by cherandbuster »

weeder;511100 wrote: I Ive started a new addiction. Six Feet Under.

Hi Weeder :)

You couldn't have found a better addiction!

I am a Sopranos follower and I just adored Six Feet Under. Weeder, you will really love the series from beginning to end. The final episode is one of the best final episodes I have EVER seen.

I'd love to discuss the series with you if you'd like. It's one of my all-time favorite shows :)

And by the way, The Sopranos returns to HBO on April 8th. Mark it on your calenders! :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

weeder

The Sopranos!

Post by weeder »

I would love to discuss the Sopranos. I think the people who created the characters are brilliant. I grew up knowing many of those personalities.
Nomad

The Sopranos!

Post by Nomad »

Glad you brought this up. I havent had HBO for mucho long time because they aaaahh suck. Anyhoo A&E starts playing season 1 show one tonight. Thank you.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Nomad

The Sopranos!

Post by Nomad »

cherandbuster;511238 wrote: Hi Weeder :)

You couldn't have found a better addiction!

I am a Sopranos follower and I just adored Six Feet Under. Weeder, you will really love the series from beginning to end. The final episode is one of the best final episodes I have EVER seen.

I'd love to discuss the series with you if you'd like. It's one of my all-time favorite shows :)

And by the way, The Sopranos returns to HBO on April 8th. Mark it on your calenders! :guitarist

Is 6 ft under kick ass or what ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

The Sopranos!

Post by cherandbuster »

Nomad;511720 wrote: Anyhoo A&E starts playing season 1 show one tonight. Thank you.

I wonder how the show will 'feel' with all the expletives blocked out. :thinking:
Live Life with

PASSION

Nomad

The Sopranos!

Post by Nomad »

I dont think A&E will bleep I cant see that
I AM AWESOME MAN
cherandbuster

The Sopranos!

Post by cherandbuster »

Nomad;511728 wrote: I dont think A&E will bleep I cant see that

They are bleeping, Nomie. I read an article about it today.

For example, the girls in the Bada Bing strip club will be clothed -- in a bathingsuit-type of outfit. You remember that they were nude in the HBO episodes. And the "F" word is bleeped out and replaced with other, less offensive words.

It will probably change the 'feel' of the show, but not so much that it won't be excellent anyway :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

Nomad

The Sopranos!

Post by Nomad »

Maybe Ill just stick with 6 ft under then

I think I missed my calling

working with dead guys has got to be better than the live ones dont ya think ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
weeder

The Sopranos!

Post by weeder »

Firstly, I dont have cable... I think it is a total rip off waste of money. The Sopranos without cursing would be ridiculous. I thought of going to mortuary science school when I was in Georgia. I have spent a great part of my career dealing with the bereaved. They visit the florist after they leave the funeral home. Id really enjoy being a funeral director... but the law states that you must have an embalming liscence as well. I could never ever ever even observe. I love six feet under.
Nomad

The Sopranos!

Post by Nomad »

weeder;511914 wrote: Firstly, I dont have cable... I think it is a total rip off waste of money. The Sopranos without cursing would be ridiculous. I thought of going to mortuary science school when I was in Georgia. I have spent a great part of my career dealing with the bereaved. They visit the florist after they leave the funeral home. Id really enjoy being a funeral director... but the law states that you must have an embalming liscence as well. I could never ever ever even observe. I love six feet under.

Without cable whatcha got ?

nuthin
I AM AWESOME MAN
Delilah

The Sopranos!

Post by Delilah »

I haven't seen Six Feet Under, could someone outline the basics of it for me?

Has anyone seen Deadwood? That is my favorite, other than the sopranos. Brillant, brilliant show.
Nomad

The Sopranos!

Post by Nomad »

6 feet is a family funeral service

dad is dead

one son is gay

the other is lost and irresponsible

mom is.....................well just mom a little whacked out

the youngest a girl is "black" and brooding she stole a foot once
I AM AWESOME MAN
Delilah

The Sopranos!

Post by Delilah »

Nomad;511995 wrote: 6 feet is a family funeral service

dad is dead

one son is gay

the other is lost and irresponsible

mom is.....................well just mom a little whacked out

the youngest a girl is "black" and brooding she stole a foot once

lol..reminds me of A&E's show called "Family Plot", in a way.

Stole a foot??
Nomad

The Sopranos!

Post by Nomad »

Delilah;512004 wrote: lol..reminds me of A&E's show called "Family Plot", in a way.

Stole a foot??

Oh puleeze :rolleyes: Like you havent stolen body parts before !
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “General TV Shows”