Dog don't list

Come here to get informal advice on your pet's health, behavior issues, diet, and more.
valerie

Dog don't list

Post by valerie »

This is with tongue inserted firmly in cheek! (Not mine, I just found it!!)

;)

DON'T let your dog sleep in your bed. It will cause aggression problems down the road.

DON'T make your dog sleep in a crate. Crate is just another word for small cage.

DON'T let your dog sleep outside at night. If God had wanted dogs to sleep outside, he would have covered their body with hair to keep them warm.

DON'T let your dog sleep. You should be playing with him all the time.

DON'T keep more than two dogs. Each individual dog requires considerable time and energy, and it is impossible for a responsible dog owner to spend quality time with more than two dogs.

DON'T keep less than five dogs. Dogs are pack animals, and five dogs is the minimum number for proper socialization.

DON'T feed your dog kibble. Kibble is the invention of evil capitalists who want your money, and kibble has no nutritional value whatsoever. You might as well feed your dog sawdust.

DON'T cook your dog's meat or chicken. Cooking destroys all the nutrients.

DON'T feed your dog raw meat or raw chicken. Raw food contains salmonella, e-coli, and other harmful bacteria.

DON'T feed your dog, fasting is good for them.

DON'T fast your dog, when you feed them again, it will cause bloat.

DON'T let your dog drink out of a plastic bowl. It will turn his nose pink.

DON'T post messages to a dog list. You will surely get bopped on the head for thinking that someone else cares about your silly little opinions.

DON'T poke your eye with a sharp stick. It has nothing to do with dogs, but it's a good rule nonetheless.

DON'T microchip your dog. A nearby cell phone can cause a microchipped dog to explode, or so says the lady running the tattoo booth.

DON'T tattoo your dog on the ear. A dog thief will cut off the tattooed ear.

DON'T tattoo your dog on the thigh. He'll be a tripod before you can say Ginsu.

DON'T keep a collar on your dog when unattended. He could get caught on something and choke.

DON'T leave your dog unattended without a collar. He could run away without any identification.

DON'T transport your dog in a plastic crate. Plastic crates don't allow sufficient air flow.

DON'T transport your dog in a wire crate. In a car accident, a wire crate transforms into a doggie skewer. On days you plan to have a car accident, it's acceptable to use a plastic crate.

DON'T let your dog drive. It's against the law in many states.

DON'T enter your dog in conformation. It's b-o-r-i-n-g for the dog.

DON'T enter your dog in obedience. It's B-o-r-i-n-g with a capital "B."

DON'T enter your dog in agility. The jumps will injure his joints.

DON'T send your dog out with a handler. Only a psychopath would send their beloved pet with a complete stranger.

DON'T handle your dog yourself. You've got a great dog, and he deserves a much better handler than you will ever be.

DON'T get a purebred dog. Too much inbreeding has produced dogs with temperament and health problems.

DON'T get a mutt. You don't know anything about their pedigree. In fact, if you're thinking about getting a dog, get a cat instead.

DON'T don't. That's right, you heard me, just don't!

DON'T leave your dog's dewclaws intact. He will rip one off jumping a log or something, which is quite painful.

DON'T remove your dog's dewclaws. Dewclaws are acupuncture points that are needed for proper functioning of the kidneys.

AND, the #1 DON'T ....

DON'T trim your dog's whiskers. Dogs use their whiskers to determine the size of their head, which is important when they are out shopping for a new hat.
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

RedGlitter

Dog don't list

Post by RedGlitter »

:wah:

These are a riot! I have heard so many of these and that's why I'm laughing. In Dog World everyone thinks they're an expert and all the opinions differ. You're wrong either way. This was funny! :D
rainbowsmiles

Dog don't list

Post by rainbowsmiles »

DON'T transport your dog in a wire crate. In a car accident, a wire crate transforms into a doggie skewer. On days you plan to have a car accident, it's acceptable to use a plastic crate.

Oh Lordy :wah:

Return to “Pet Advice Support”