Ya know those ab chairs?

chonsigirl

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by chonsigirl »

30 minutes of games for every 10 minutes of excercise.

:)

Nah, doesn't work for me in truth.

But, I walk a couple a miles a day.

And do a 20 minute Tai Chi workout. That is where I disappear to on non-work nights between 8-9, my chores and my little relaxation/exercise.

Motivation comes from within, and you have already started.
Shweet tatersalad

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

Diet and exercise,

Smoking inhibits the muscle growth and tone,and fat burning.put them down.Put a tooth pick in your mouth.

You can snack,but snack good,fruit,celery and peanut butter is good.

Drink lots of water.

get rid of the ab thingy,does not work.

Get a sturdy reliable exercise bike,put it front of your PC or your TV.At least 20 minutes a day too start.

No food before bed.

Good food at wake up.your body will need it.too start your metabolism.

if you are ready too get your life in order,pm me and i can help.
buttercup

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by buttercup »

Get a dog :-4
Accountable

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Accountable »

Electrical impulses cause muscles to contract. If you could connect some wires to your mouse and run them to various muscles, say your abs, you could cause small electric shocks every time you click. The more active games could give your abs a pretty good workout.

Hope this helps. :yh_bigsmi
Colette

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Colette »

flopstock;505303 wrote: OMG! They have that you know...I got one of those wrap around your waist things several years ago. you turn it on and it gives you alternating cramps on either side of your waist line ... the no exercise induced crunch, don't ya know...:wah:

word of warning though... if you don't have enough gel on them it's like putting a cigarette to the contact area..:D

Geez, Flopstock! That sounds painful. What other fun and torturous thingys have you invested in? And where/when is the garage sale?
Tater Tazz

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Tater Tazz »

Shweet tatersalad;505067 wrote: Diet and exercise,

Smoking inhibits the muscle growth and tone,and fat burning.put them down.Put a tooth pick in your mouth.

You can snack,but snack good,fruit,celery and peanut butter is good.

Drink lots of water.

get rid of the ab thingy,does not work.

Get a sturdy reliable exercise bike,put it front of your PC or your TV.At least 20 minutes a day too start.

No food before bed.

Good food at wake up.your body will need it.too start your metabolism.

if you are ready too get your life in order,pm me and i can help.

okay put down those brownies!!!!!!!!:D
Betty Boop

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Betty Boop »

flopstock;505411 wrote: I just got one of those steamer things.. ya know for curtains and furniture and cleaning the stove.. been meaning to clean the stove for years now..i'm gonna give it a whirl..:D

I got one of those huge balls back before they became popular... ended up going down hard on the tailbone several times.. takes away that will to exercise.. so i really liked it..:p

I got the belt around your waist and hand straps for a nice upperbody toning while getting your cardio workout walking...thing.. I use it to walk the dog when I can't find her leash..

I do have the lay on your back ab-roller, so you can do crunches while in front of the tv... I found it too easy to just doze off between sets..:rolleyes:

:wah:
Tater Tazz

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Tater Tazz »

:wah: :wah: :wah:
Mustang

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Mustang »

flopstock;505411 wrote: I just got one of those steamer things.. ya know for curtains and furniture and cleaning the stove.. been meaning to clean the stove for years now..i'm gonna give it a whirl..

I got one of those huge balls back before they became popular... ended up going down hard on the tailbone several times.. takes away that will to exercise.. so i really liked it..

I got the belt around your waist and hand straps for a nice upperbody toning while getting your cardio workout walking...thing.. I use it to walk the dog when I can't find her leash..

I do have the lay on your back ab-roller, so you can do crunches while in front of the tv... I found it too easy to just doze off between sets..

:wah:

Flopstock, I am glad my wife isn't here to read this. :wah: She's on an exercise kick since the first of the year. Has me eating rabbit food, stuff that's suppose to be good for us and exercising everynight. Yeah, I love her, so I'll support her new venture into starvation and good health. :rolleyes: :D
Marie5656

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Marie5656 »

Rick has one of those striders..that "walks" you. I actually use it as therapy for my arthritus. I find I am more motivated if I have something to pass the time while I walk..I either put in a movie..or a disco CD
Sheryl

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Sheryl »

The one excercise thing I bought that I really liked was a Total Gym, you know the machine Chuck Norris endorses or invented. Anyways I used it often, then my dad had shoulder surgery so he took it to his house.

Guess I should go get it back, but have to clear out a space. It takes up space when left folded out.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
Shweet tatersalad

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

flopstock;505428 wrote: dianes helpful tips for permanant weight loss...aka..things I haven't tried yet

1. dieting doesn't work. Deprive your body of what it needs and at the first opportunity it will pack it back on doubletime to store for future attacks.

2. break the eatting pattern... Have five smaller meals a day rather then three big ones.. or as in my case some days.. 1 continuous meal..:D

3. don't spend money on gadgets to avoid having to discipline yourself.. Hardest concept for me to accept has been that spending the money on fads does not equal money not spent on food.... it should, right? But not true...you can always find money for that MAC attack...:sneaky:

GOOD ADVICE!

For a while there I thought this thread was gonna be just another joke dump.At first I thought you were serious.

I hope you are?
greydeadhead

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by greydeadhead »

oh Floppy dear...

Come up to the Northeast and I will help ya lose that weight.. full proof exercise plan..
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
greydeadhead

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by greydeadhead »

I would never consider you frumpy or old Flopster.. nope..

hey

what is with the Snow Patrol lyrics.....

hmmmmm
greydeadhead

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by greydeadhead »

ohhhhhhhhh.. okay..

yep.. I have had that one happen... but not to such a ummm.. low key tune...lol
WonderWendy3

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Flop...I found this all very humorous and relate to you 100%...I hope only the best for you and if you ever need someone to talk to...I'll be in the game-room beside you eating a ho ho!!! :wah:
Mustang

Ya know those ab chairs?

Post by Mustang »

flopstock;505566 wrote: Let's put it this way... the 135 of solid muscle that has been my normal weight most of my adult life is dead serious.. the almost 55 lbs of 7 year old mid life and babyfat weight gain seems to find it all very amusing..:D

Seriously, this is year 50 I'm gonna be celebrating. Age doesn't bother me. Being a frump doesn't bother me. But being a fat frumpy old woman = my mother... no thank you! And since I don't consider 50 old, but rather the 'do it now or never' moment in life... it's now.:thinking:

edit.... But I can't help but look for the humor in it.. that's just me

So do tell us then, what is your game plan to shed the excess weight? :)

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”