Favorite Quickies??

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
sunny104

Favorite Quickies??

Post by sunny104 »

What are some of your favorite quick meals, something you throw together when you want a fast yummy meal or snack?? :-6
chrisb84uk

Favorite Quickies??

Post by chrisb84uk »

Well it's certainly not very fancy, but I do like to have some warm chicken soup as a snack, and it's great when the weather is as cold as it is now!
YZGI

Favorite Quickies??

Post by YZGI »

Crap this is about food isnt it?
Marie5656

Favorite Quickies??

Post by Marie5656 »

This is actually quicker than it seems, for a meal.. I cube up some boneless skinless chicken. Stir fry it together with pepper, onions (we buy them frozen, already chopped up), and then throw in a can of diced tomatoes. Turns out great. If I do have more time, I make some rice to put the chicken on.
sunny104

Favorite Quickies??

Post by sunny104 »

YZGI;491072 wrote: Crap this is about food isnt it?

:D :wah:
sunny104

Favorite Quickies??

Post by sunny104 »

I do a quickie version of my garlic taters.

Microwave potatoes until they're done or almost done or whatever, then cut them in half and put 'em on a pan. Sprinkle with salt, herbs, fresh garlic and olive oil and pop them in the oven for about 30-45 minutes. Yum. :-6

I also add sausage cut into bite size pieces to the same pan if I want to make a whole quick meal out of it. And then just serve some baked beans with it on the side or whatever...:-6
Erinna1112

Favorite Quickies??

Post by Erinna1112 »

YZGI;491072 wrote: Crap this is about food isnt it?

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose mind went there first.... :D
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
sunny104

Favorite Quickies??

Post by sunny104 »

my favorite quickie lunch or snack:

I microwave a flour tortilla just for a few seconds to soften it up a bit and then spread cream cheese on it and add fresh chopped veggies: tomatoes, cucumbers, whatever and then roll it up. Yum! :yh_drool
YZGI

Favorite Quickies??

Post by YZGI »

Um Sunday mornings:cool:
dubs

Favorite Quickies??

Post by dubs »

Hot the oven up, while I'm nukin' a big spud! Stick the spud in the oven to finish off, and crisp up the skin. Scoop the middle out and mash it up with butter and whatever you fancy, I just add curry powder. Shovel it back in the skin, sprinkle some cheese on top and put it under the grill! MMMMM! Curried jacket spud! I have that with a bit of salad or some baked beans! :thinking: hungry

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Sheryl

Favorite Quickies??

Post by Sheryl »

I make chicano steak, which is a burrito mixture of ground beef, onion, garlic, canned mushrooms, black olives, and a medium sized jar of picante sauce. Serve on warm tortilla with sour cream and cheese.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
guppy

Favorite Quickies??

Post by guppy »

cuban sandwiches......it is ham, swiss cheese, and a sliced dill pickle. you grill it like a grilled cheese. sounds wierd, but it is good............:)
AussiePam

Favorite Quickies??

Post by AussiePam »

:sneaky: I too did a doubletake for a moment. Thought this might be another Aussie cultural difference. :D

Um. Best fastest quick snack possible - a croissant still steaming from my local baker's oven. Add nothing!
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

sunny104

Favorite Quickies??

Post by sunny104 »

guppy;491227 wrote: cuban sandwiches......it is ham, swiss cheese, and a sliced dill pickle. you grill it like a grilled cheese. sounds wierd, but it is good............:)

they are good, they're very common in Florida.

you all are making me hungry! :yh_drool
Bryn Mawr

Favorite Quickies??

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I do several 10 - 15 minute meals when I'm in the flat but I'm lucky - no-one else has to eat them :-

Spaghetti Neopolitain

Chicken Curry

Stir Fry

Braised Liver

Chilli Con Carni

All redesigned to be quick and fill a hole (the major criterion).s
RedGlitter

Favorite Quickies??

Post by RedGlitter »

Slumgullion.

I put a cup or two of dried shell or elbow pasta in a big pan with tomato sauce, diced stewed tomatoes, a can of kidney beans, chopped onion, some water and sometimes some Morningstar Farms Crumbles (vegetarian "meat" substitute.) Cook on medium until pasta is tender. Serve hot. :)
Nomad

Favorite Quickies??

Post by Nomad »

Favorite Quickies??

I like the danger of doing it in public...you know somewhere where you could get caught
I AM AWESOME MAN
Betty Boop

Favorite Quickies??

Post by Betty Boop »

Nomad;491789 wrote: Favorite Quickies??

I like the danger of doing it in public...you know somewhere where you could get caught

:wah: You like to spice it up huh?
Marie5656

Favorite Quickies??

Post by Marie5656 »

Nomad;491789 wrote: Favorite Quickies??

Didn't get caught :sneaky:
Nomad

Favorite Quickies??

Post by Nomad »

Diuretic;491820 wrote: With my luck I could be in the Simpson Desert and a bloody four-wheel drive tourist bus would pull around the corner. The only thing I hope is that I'm not by myself when it happens.

On tucker. I like my wok in operation. Some sliced chicken, breast or thighs are okay, fairly thinly sliced, with Chinese vegetables and a Thai red curry paste mixed with a bit of light coconut milk.. I do like noodles rather than rice with it and my favourite noodles are nice organic ramen noodles that go well. It is quicker than it sounds and it's very nourishing.

:wah: :wah: :wah: :wah:
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “The Kitchen”