Mykonos, anyone been???

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
minks

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by minks »

I am looking for a vacation idea, anyone got any recommendations, ideas, thoughts, tips etc????
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Betty Boop

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by Betty Boop »

minks;473028 wrote: I am looking for a vacation idea, anyone got any recommendations, ideas, thoughts, tips etc????

Mykonos :confused: never heard of it! :wah:

Myplace would be better! ;)
zinkyusa

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by zinkyusa »

I hear Canada is pretty nice.:wah:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
abbey

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by abbey »

Mykonos sounds good, and only a few hours from Britain. ;)
minks

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by minks »

Oiy you are all so helpful....

Greek Islands!!!

where is somebody that knows something, anything eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :-5 :wah:
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

minks;473028 wrote: I am looking for a vacation idea, anyone got any recommendations, ideas, thoughts, tips etc????

You could try Cyprus the greeks are much friendlier than they are in Greece .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Lulu2

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by Lulu2 »

Mykonos is fun and quaint and it's impossible not to take wayyyy too many photos! If you go, see if the Castro bar is still open at sunset. They play classical music and everyone has drinks to watch the sun slip into the water. The food is splendid!

It IS a bit of a gay-friendly place, but, unless you're looking for that kind of adventure, you'll have a good time. We stayed at a small, family-run place called Hotel Koneni. I don't know if Mr. Koneni would still be alive but it's worth taking a look.

We took a ferry from Piraeus and it was fun, stopping at little islands along the way. If that's your choice, PLEASE pay a few dollars more and upgrade to "first class." The lounge up there is a LOT more comfortable--trust me on this!

Thinking about Mykonos reminds me that they have the most charming little chapels on the island...some might have only four or five chairs! Soooooo quaint and lovely. Lots of interestingly painted doors, too.

Minks...is it necessary to go to Greece? Costa Rica/Guatemala are great!

It goes without saying that I can get you a great deal on a safari in Kenya/Tanzania!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
CARLA

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by CARLA »

It is beautiful and one of the Greek Islands. If you go plan on seeing Santorini as well you won't be sorry. I actually did a cruise of all the Greek Islands 3 weeks of endless beauty and fun. :-6 :-6 Yes it is bit of a gay hangout but still worth the trip.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lulu2

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by Lulu2 »

Carla, you remind me that anyone who goes to Mykonos absolutely MUST go over to Delos (if that's not a law--it should be!) Delos was so sacred (Apollo was born there) that nobody else could be born or die there! (Imagine it...you've got the flu & suddenly a group of people show up & tell you you've got to get out of town! :-3 )

Anyhow, it's a wonderful day trip and you'll see marvelous mosaics, a temple built by Cleopatra to honor the gods and lots of other interesting things!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
CARLA

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by CARLA »

Your so right LULU2 if your going to do one you should see as many as you can while your there. Just beautiful beyond words all the Islands are special in some way. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

Lulu2

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by Lulu2 »

And you really should take local ferries to get to the islands.....the Greeks come aboard with kids and chickens and big bags of food and they have picnics and they were singing--it was great fun! Then, when the ferry pulls into the dock, everyone comes down to great everyone! HUGS & KISSES ALL AROUND!

You must take sensible shoes, though! The islands are cobblestone and streets are very irregular. Read some old myths before you go...and read about the ancient adventurers--"sailing on the wine-dark sea!"

Finally, I think you should take Carla & me...just in case you get lonely! ;)
CARLA

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by CARLA »

Excellent I so want to go back it was a trip I will never forget..;)

[QUOTE]Finally, I think you should take Carla & me...just in case you get lonely! [/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

Nomad

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by Nomad »

I think Anasasafras is from Mykonopopopolous. Im pretty sure about that.
I AM AWESOME MAN
nvalleyvee

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by nvalleyvee »

Go for the Carribbean..........nice warm and nice people. If you like boats go on a sailer ship out of Florida.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
Nomad

Mykonos, anyone been???

Post by Nomad »

nvalleyvee;473575 wrote: Go for the Carribbean..........nice warm and nice people. If you like boats go on a sailer ship out of Florida.

You like sailors ? ;)
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Travel Vacation”