Do you find this funny?

Post (embed) your favorite videos from your favorite video hosting sites: YouTube, MetaCafe, etc.
Sheryl

Do you find this funny?

Post by Sheryl »

My husband is a huge Opie and Anthony fan. He called me into the room to watch this video earlier. He found it funny, while I found it appalling. I'm the kind of person who firmly believes in treating others in how I would like to be treated. Espicially to those down on their luck. My husband on the other hand countered that the guy got money for this incident so that makes it ok.

So what's your opinion?
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
weber

Do you find this funny?

Post by weber »

Sheryl;460837 wrote:

My husband is a huge Opie and Anthony fan. He called me into the room to watch this video earlier. He found it funny, while I found it appalling. I'm the kind of person who firmly believes in treating others in how I would like to be treated. Espicially to those down on their luck. My husband on the other hand countered that the guy got money for this incident so that makes it ok.

So what's your opinion?

:yh_rotfl Just the jumping on the cake and the weird sounds made me laugh so hard.:D But I love cake and I cried somewhere in there at the loss of the cake.:yh_brokeh . I would not want to take from the needy but I am sure it was a paid joke. Hope so anyway:guitarist
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
RedGlitter

Do you find this funny?

Post by RedGlitter »

Not funny...stupid. Unnecessary waste of food. Wrong to do even if they bought the guy more food- what if he *wanted* that cake? People go too far.
Accountable

Do you find this funny?

Post by Accountable »

It's not funny. It's disrespecting someone for a laugh. Paying doesn't make it okay. Would it have been as funny if they had bought the cake and gone around the corner to stomp on it? No, the joke is the man's shocked expression that someone could be so mean.

Schoolyard bullies aren't funny either.
RedGlitter

Do you find this funny?

Post by RedGlitter »

Not to mention that the guy is apparently homeless which is obviously part of the "humor." I guess it's still funny to pick on homeless people. How about tipping over a wheelchaired person? It's okay! You'll buy 'em a new chair! How about steal the blind guy's money cup? It's okay! You'll give him $200 for his trouble! That'll make it right! NO. Not cool.
Accountable

Do you find this funny?

Post by Accountable »

RedGlitter;461082 wrote: Not to mention that the guy is apparently homeless which is obviously part of the "humor." I guess it's still funny to pick on homeless people. How about tipping over a wheelchaired person? It's okay! You'll buy 'em a new chair! How about steal the blind guy's money cup? It's okay! You'll give him $200 for his trouble! That'll make it right! NO. Not cool.
Psst! Careful with that PC stick. :-3
RedGlitter

Do you find this funny?

Post by RedGlitter »

Accountable;461089 wrote: Psst! Careful with that PC stick. :-3

It's not really PC, Accountable, I think this falls under common decency. Somebody here mentioned bullies and I agree. Ok, the man wasn't actually hurt and I am sure they made it right by him but I don't think it was too decent of them to use this man's disadvantage to make their show. :(
Peg

Do you find this funny?

Post by Peg »

RedGlitter;461213 wrote: I don't think it was too decent of them to use this man's disadvantage to make their show. :(

:yh_clap :yh_clap Well said.
Uncle Kram

Do you find this funny?

Post by Uncle Kram »

I thought the guy looked uncomfortable and intimidated. It's ok for the pranksters, they were in on the joke but they exploited his vulnerability. I didn't find it funny.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
RedGlitter

Do you find this funny?

Post by RedGlitter »

Peg;461219 wrote: :yh_clap :yh_clap Well said.

Thank you, Peg :o
Nomad

Do you find this funny?

Post by Nomad »

This was very unfunny. Look at the expression on the guys face. Those guys are punks and I promise you if someone humiliated them in public they would be devastated, not play it off the way this guy did. Theres nothing I hate more than seeing people abused for fun. Why does your husband find that funny Sheryl ? Its one thing to be silly immature but to mock a person for your own pleasure indicates a mean streak.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Chookie

Do you find this funny?

Post by Chookie »

Pinky;461040 wrote: Do they really think that behaving like an arsewipe is funny?

jeez, that's just sick. If I'd been in that crowd, that mic would have been shoved somewhere pretty unsavoury, I can tell you.

Had I been there, you would have had competition, both the mic and the camera would have been shoved where the monkey kept his nuts.
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Sheryl

Do you find this funny?

Post by Sheryl »

Nomad;461688 wrote: This was very unfunny. Look at the expression on the guys face. Those guys are punks and I promise you if someone humiliated them in public they would be devastated, not play it off the way this guy did. Theres nothing I hate more than seeing people abused for fun. Why does your husband find that funny Sheryl ? Its one thing to be silly immature but to mock a person for your own pleasure indicates a mean streak.

I have no idea why exactly he finds it funny. We didn't discuss the whole video very long last night, because it was heading us to a fight.

my son
Nomad

Do you find this funny?

Post by Nomad »

Sheryl;461716 wrote: I have no idea why exactly he finds it funny. We didn't discuss the whole video very long last night, because it was heading us to a fight.

The important thing is your character has shown itself to be in good working order ! :-4
I AM AWESOME MAN
buttercup

Do you find this funny?

Post by buttercup »

Hmmm i just thought - what a waste of cheesecake - looked like some kind of fudge/toffee thing to me, never funny, always yummy

hey cheryl how about covering yourself in toffee cheesecake & asking your hubby to lick it off & then say - oh sorry you cant have any :sneaky:
Sheryl

Do you find this funny?

Post by Sheryl »

Nomad;461724 wrote: The important thing is your character has shown itself to be in good working order ! :-4

aww thank you Nomad :-4

oh and buttercup, i would try that but then I'd be stuck cleaning what ever mess was left over. :wah:

my son
Sheryl

Do you find this funny?

Post by Sheryl »

nahh Snooze couldn't be mad bout that, I agree he does have a warped sense of humor. ;)

my son

Return to “People”