'King Kong' Star Fay Wray Dies At 96

Where our decade hasn't ended! Celebrate the Music, Culture, and Memories of our current times.
CVX

Post by CVX »

Having appeared in about 100 films, she was best known for her role in the movie "King Kong" in 1933.

Wray's character won praise for its combination of sex appeal, vulnerability and lung capacity as she was stalked by the beast to the top of the famed New York skyscraper.

"At the premiere of 'King Kong' I wasn't too impressed. I thought there was too much screaming," Wray once said of her most famous role. "I didn't realize then that King Kong and I were going to be together for the rest of our lives, and longer."
xlt66

Post by xlt66 »

Sad. As time marches on....

CVX wrote: Having appeared in about 100 films, she was best known for her role in the movie "King Kong" in 1933.

Wray's character won praise for its combination of sex appeal, vulnerability and lung capacity as she was stalked by the beast to the top of the famed New York skyscraper.

"At the premiere of 'King Kong' I wasn't too impressed. I thought there was too much screaming," Wray once said of her most famous role. "I didn't realize then that King Kong and I were going to be together for the rest of our lives, and longer."

Return to “Our Current Decade”