Are there any forums you avoid?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
cars

Post by cars »

SnoozeControl wrote: I never go into Bothwell's Pub, I don't read the religious or political forums unless someone directs me to a particular thread, and unless I see a poster that I enjoy reading, I seldom venture into the conspiracy forum.

Hmmm, that probably makes me a shallow person, doesn't it? :D

That makes two of us, you're not alone! :D :rolleyes:
Cars :)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

No, people have their own preferences for what forum they like. There is nothing wrong with that.

I do not go to the religious threads anymore.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

I just read whatever comes up in "New Posts".
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

We will have to think of an interesting thread to always bump up, just for Bill.............:)
theia

Post by theia »

Only ever been in Bothwell's once or twice, briefly...for a party I think. I'm just not a pubby person, real or virtual
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

:confused: :confused: i tend to avoid any forum that i have posted on the conversation is just crap afterwards
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

*sweeping up the mess*
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

*spraying the lysol*
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I generally skip the word games, except for the two I occassionally participate in.

Otherwise, I at least check out anything in the New Posts list.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Yeah, I usually read most new posts also..........
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

SnoozeControl wrote: Great, you've just killed this thread. :rolleyes:

;)

:wah: :wah:
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

SnoozeControl wrote: Even the word games? :sneaky:

Ah. You've got me. There are exceptions! I've never been in Mr. Bothwell's

thread, either, that I can recall.
Colette

Post by Colette »

Bill Sikes wrote: Ah. You've got me. There are exceptions! I've never been in Mr. Bothwell's

thread, either, that I can recall.

Now it feels necessary to check out Mr. Bothwell's thread.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Good question, Snoozie :)

I pretty much only look at Today's Posts. I totally skip over the games -- never really got into them.

If/when I'm done with Today's Posts (meaning I've definitely got too much time on my hands :rolleyes: ) I'll check out the Journal section -- which I like a lot. Sometimes the Journal entries get 'buried' by other topics in Today's Posts.

Then, if I've exhausted *that*, I'll sometimes do a Thread Search on a particular topic or by a particular poster. That can be kinda fun.

After that, I *beg* my husband to give me more work to do! :p :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

pantsonfire321@aol.com

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

I tend to steer well clear of any game type of threads i just really can't be arsed with them and anything to do with religion i find dreadfully boring . Mostly i tend to just stalk people i like.Ive been pleasantly pleased many a time .:) ;) :rolleyes: :p
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Bez

Post by Bez »

SnoozeControl wrote: I never go into Bothwell's Pub, I don't read the religious or political forums unless someone directs me to a particular thread, and unless I see a poster that I enjoy reading, I seldom venture into the conspiracy forum.

Same for me although I might join in a Buddhist thread on the very rare occasions that they come up. I like the General Chit Chat stuff. I look at todays posts and see what takes my fancy or WHO....;) and just jump in.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Absolutely ditto

And words that end in ING :rolleyes:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

The pub moves too quickly for me and the debate/philosophy threads aren't very interesting, either. That's just me, folks. Oh, and sports--there probably ARE sports threads but I don't read 'em.

(Why am I smelling Lysol?) :wah:
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

I do the today's post thing, also. To check things out. It was a while before I got into the word games, but I find them fun.

Like Cher, if I have exhausted today's posts, I may go on a searching expedition for older threads, or, outside the garden for topics of interest I can bring in to start a new conversation.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I mainly stick to general discussions, members news and word games....they're fun! :D

I stay away from the serious stuff....I'll talk about anything in person...on here it's not worth the aggravation. :rolleyes:
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I mainly avoid the religion and politics forums - two subjects I was taught to always avoid in a social setting......LOL

I usually start by looking at "Today's Posts" and "New Posts." I check "My Topics." I don't mind the Word Games, but I have to be in the mood for them. Basically, if I find a topic that I have the urge to post about, I do it. If not, I don't. I'm still gun shy about posting very much, so until some of my discomfort goes away, I will probably only post sparingly.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special.
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

I tend to steer clear of the "Are there any forums you avoid?" forum :p

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I go anywhere I see Arnold's name...........................:D
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

chonsigirl wrote: I go anywhere I see Arnold's name...........................:D

Arn, you're being cyber-stalked:wah:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

I just flick down the main page. I never go to new posts which is probably why I miss so much! Duh!

I like stalking people! :wah: If I like someone's posts I'll go back to their previous posts and read some of the other things they've written. It gives you a taste of their personality - or in Unc's case it gives you some GREAT one-liners to pinch! His golden puns crease me up! :wah:

The person I stalk the most is chocoholic! :D because she always has the most fabulous gifs and so I practise my tlw technique by sneaking in and pinching them when she's not looking! hehehe! Sorry Choco sweetie but they're BRILL! :D

I hope you don't mind!
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

The stalking thing is pretty interesting. I think I would be flattered if someone specifically looked for my posts.

Do any of you guys have a particular person you enjoy stalking?
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

weeder

Post by weeder »

I have never been to the pub. I have never played a game. On the rare ocassion that I reply to a religious thread, it winds up ugly. Dont know enough about politics to stay in a thread long. I do the same.. click on Todays Posts.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I play in the aracade, I am always trying to beat abbey's and pina's scores!:wah:
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I always go to New Posts. I read only one journal. I don't think I've played word games too many times but I think it's nice they're there. Never been in Bothwell's Pub because I felt like maybe it was just for more established members who have been here longer. I'd feel I was intruding. I sometimes will go to the religious forums if there's a topic that grabs me. I read anything about animals. :-4 I generally don't read the philosophy forum because philosophy and I have never agreed and frankly, I'm a smart girl but Coberst's posts are over my head. :o

I have also never been in the Chat Room. I'm afraid if I go in there maybe no one will speak to me. :( Do I need an invite or something to go there?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I always avoid the arcade and the word games - not my cup of tea so I don't bother.

Fistly, My Replies to see what's going on in threads I've shown an interest in.

Then New Posts to see what else is going on

The bed to try to catch up.
Brownley

Post by Brownley »

Well Im kinda new. So do alot more reading than posting.

Will take me a while to get to know people (and the conversations between those of you who are close - alot dont make ANY sense to me :thinking: ).

And I like the word games :p

Good to ease you into posting.

Oh, and I stalk Cher alot ;)

Im still trying to work out how I can get to America and doggie-nap Buster :sneaky:
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song - Maya Angelou
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

I don't discuss religious & political, those threads won't interest me.

There's a variety of topics that interest me and I'll feel the need to put my 2 cents in and stir up sh--..

I enjoy the arcade and as soon as I have a score that is registered, Flop bumps me off the ladder, why can't she play fair and allow my name in lights for 5 minutes.??

Patsy
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

American sports threads, as I don't know generally what they are talking about (which is pretty much the experience of Americans on soccer threads).
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
G-man

Post by G-man »

OH!!! on here?... :wah: ...none that I can conjure, at the moment.

I love either kind of football... sign me up... offence or defence, I've played both. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Hamster wrote: I enjoy the pub and have been known to frequent it. I don't like the arcades as I find them boring.

I love anything philosophical and that I can debate over and I also love the "Random" thread..

I also too avoid the American Football threads as I knwo nothing about the rules..

What about a good old UK Soccer thread or too? :thinking:

as a leeds fan hammy just what do you think you can contribute to such athread ha ha ha ha ha :wah:
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

Hamster wrote: mmnnn......so who do you support Jimbo?;)

well put it like this our goal keeper and the person who sue thinks is the sexiest man alive used to play for you :D :D :D

Return to “General Chit Chat”