Meerkat Manor

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Marie5656

Meerkat Manor

Post by Marie5656 »

I have gotten totally involved with Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet. They are just too amusing to watch. I missed a few weeks, and tuned back in to find that a couple of the meerkats have sady gone on to meercat heaven.:-1 But just watching the family dynamics of the group..how they get along, and protect each other. Especially protecting the pups. Did you know that any female meerkat can nurse the pups? Found that interesting.

Attached files
woppy71

Meerkat Manor

Post by woppy71 »

Arn't the adorable?! They are so "Human". My mother came from South Africa and they used to have a family of meerkats living on part of their land and she used to tell me how when was a young girl she befriended them. A couple of them used to follow her around all day!

I think they are so, so.......cuddly!!!!:-4
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Marie5656

Meerkat Manor

Post by Marie5656 »

Yess. Interestingly, alot of thier behaviors I see in my chinchilla, Trixie. She seems very loyal to me....I think she sees me as the alpha, over my hubby, as I spend more time with her. She sees me as part of the "pack"..and yes, she does spend time "grooming" me. When I have her out for playtime, it is not unusual for her to hop up onto my shoulder and start nipping and picking at my hair, eyebrows arms and clothes. It is funny to watch.
chonsigirl

Meerkat Manor

Post by chonsigirl »

I love that show, and watch parts of it when it is on. They are adorable!
CARLA

Meerkat Manor

Post by CARLA »

Great show I watch it every Friday with my Granddaughter..:cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Brownley

Meerkat Manor

Post by Brownley »

Wendybird wrote: I have watched it ocassionally but I got a bit upset when the new litter were left to die.

Haven't really watched it since then. :o

Im EXACTLY the same. Watched until one of the wee ones died and cant bring myself to watch it again :-1

They are such fascinating little animals, they remind me alot of our Chihuahuas, fiesty wee things!
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song - Maya Angelou
cherandbuster

Meerkat Manor

Post by cherandbuster »

Brownley wrote: Im EXACTLY the same. Watched until one of the wee ones died and cant bring myself to watch it again :-1

They are such fascinating little animals, they remind me alot of our Chihuahuas, fiesty wee things!

did somebody say chihuahua?? :-4 :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Adam Zapple

Meerkat Manor

Post by Adam Zapple »

I'm also a big fan. Believe it or not, it's one of the few shows I look forward to watching every week. I hope the release it on DVD - I'll buy it!

Return to “General TV Shows”