Just wondered if any-one has heard of this diet and has any-one tried it. :-3
healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Post by healthandharmony »

Hi hamster. Please tell all. :)
healthandharmony

Lighter Life

I have started it. I must admit I have gone through the ebay route. I have lost 12lbs. I use it when I am at home but I do eat out too, so not having the huge weight loss. I have lost weight every week though.

I bought a home blood pressure kit. I am also a very healthy person, so will continue as long as I keep feeling well.

What did you mean when you said it was your business? Do you work for a slimming company.:)
Lizard Lips

Lighter Life

Post by Lizard Lips »

Hi H&H! Just had to pop in & say congrats on the 12 lb lost! I've never heard of this diet, so do tell. Personally, I've lost 25lb by giving up wine (switched to something else lower in calories, LOL) & exercising my buns off!:D BTW, wonderful to see you here!:-6
Lulu2

Lighter Life

Post by Lulu2 »

YAY! Great to see you! Perhaps you need to do some more dancing? Kilt-judging? Attend a few more weddings? :wah:

I'm interested in Hamster's career, too.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

Lulu2 wrote: I'm interested in Hamster's career, too.

O. K. Hammie baby

Spill it :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Hi guys, great to see you too. Well done lizard. 25lbs. WOW I have given up wine most of the time and excersizing very hard too. but it is very hard for me to lose weight, which is why I have taken such strict measures.:lips:

It is for people who are finding difficulty in losing weight and have 42 lbs or more to lose. I go through ebay as doing the diet the proper way you need to attend meetings with councillers ect. I do not feel I have any issues with food so for me it would be a waste of time.

You have shakes. soups and bars. You are only allowed one bar a day and chose any 3 of the others. They have all the vitamins and minerals that the goverment say you need have to have, but it is a very Low Cal diet.

When I am at home I stick to it, but meals out or special family occasions I don't. It is the first diet that has given me a weekly weight loss.:) Most of the time when I do go out I try and make healthy choices.

Will let you know how get on.
Katy1

Lighter Life

Post by Katy1 »

Good luck H & H.

I think that if you are relatively healthy but need to shift a few stone then it's OK to be a bit strict for a while until you get on the right path and then start introducing in good healthy food. I think the reason why these things don't tend to work is because when you come off the meal replacement or whatever you just go back to your old ways which means piling on all of the lost weight.

Not meaning to show off or anything (ahem!:o ) I've lost just over 2 stone since March this year and I started off being pretty strict but I've now just changed the way I eat, meal sizes and bad habits. I'd still like another stone off but it all takes time eh?

:D
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

HSquared, LSquared and Katy :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your successes! I know how hard it is. Positive feedback and encouragement can serve to spur you on to even more weight loss. The three of you are in "the zone' and are committed to changing habits and being healthy.

Why don't you ladies check into this thread and let us know how you're doing on a regular basis? That way, your FG friends can offer support and pats on the back!

GO HSQUARED! GO LSQUARED! GO KATY! :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

Katy1

Lighter Life

Post by Katy1 »

cherandbuster wrote: HSquared, LSquared and Katy :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! on your successes! I know how hard it is. Positive feedback and encouragement can serve to spur you on to even more weight loss. The three of you are in "the zone' and are committed to changing habits and being healthy.

Why don't you ladies check into this thread and let us know how you're doing on a regular basis? That way, your FG friends can offer support and pats on the back!

GO HSQUARED! GO LSQUARED! GO KATY! :-4

Thanks!! It's great to have encouragement and that first time someone notices that you've lost weight is a real buzz!

I'm going to take my eldest to a children's party on Friday and I haven't seen some of the people who are going to be there for months. I really hope they notice it, it'll make it all worthwhile...

Katy x
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

I saw my family yesterday -- we got together for a Yom Kippur dinner at my brother's house. Even though we talk on the phone all the time, we don't, unfortunately, have a chance to see each other as often as I would like.

Well . . . I have lost 15 pounds over the past few months, and I wore a nice pair of size 4 Levis (I still can't believe I fit into a size 4 :) ). I got a lot of compliments and it really made me feel good.

Good luck, Katy, and bask in all the glorious feedback you'll be getting on Friday -- it is truly well-earned :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

SuzyB

Lighter Life

Post by SuzyB »

I have two friends that have followed this plan, they both succeded in losing a lot of weight, one lost 3 stone in as many months! The friend that lost the 3 stone lost it a year ago and has kept it off by having two shakes and one meal a day, the other friend lost 5 stone in 6 months and she put 3 back on. Basically the diet put's your body into starvation mode although you do get your vitamins etc from the replacements.

At the moment my friend pays £66 a week for the "food" and that includes the counciling session.

PS WELL DONE ON THE WEIGHT LOSS :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Wow what a lot of encouragement, we have got guys. I do think we should keep this up and see how we get on.

Thanks Suzy for letting me know how your friends got on. I think I am at one of your friends stage a little early.:wah: I can't imagine being so strict for 100days and maybe more. I have managed 7 though. lol

I am away for 10 days soon and I am afraid lighter life will be left at home till I get back, though I will keep up exercising ect.
Lulu2

Lighter Life

Post by Lulu2 »

What're you doing with MY candle, MADAM? :wah: And where're you going?
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
healthandharmony

Lighter Life

What about this thing called sharing. :wah: I am going to my caravan next week. it is a holiday in scotland. called the oct week. very original. So thursday or friday I will be away and back on the sunday a week later.

I have no willpower. My friend asked me to go out for a meal ,as she has voucher that she needs to use by tonight. :-5

Well I got to help a friend.:)
Katy1

Lighter Life

Post by Katy1 »

Totally off topic I know but all this talk of candles reminded me of a time in my life where I was overdoing the partying and I was out in town for an evening and this man came up to me from out of nowhere and said "remember, the candle that burns at both ends is the most difficult to put down". Then he walked off into the crowd. What a great saying, and so true. It really had an impact on me.

All this talk of food though is making me hungry.......:yh_drool
Carl44

Lighter Life

Post by Carl44 »

well done guys

the only way i'll be able to match that sort of weight lose is multiple limb amputation:wah:
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

Hamster wrote: Wow Cher!! Well done!! :-6

thank you Hammie :-4
Live Life with

PASSION

cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

jimbo wrote: well done guys

the only way i'll be able to match that sort of weight lose is multiple limb amputation:wah:

Jimbo

You are so funny :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Lulu2

Lighter Life

Post by Lulu2 »

Since so many of us are interested in weight loss, I propose the following....

HEALTHANDHARMONY invites us all to her caravan on the Scottish coast! We walk briskly along the shore and prepare healthy meals. (We prepare them, but we might supplement them with beverages and foods from local vendors.) (Only because we want to aid the local economy, of course.)

Isn't she JUST the lovliest hostess, our H&H? :wah:
healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Katy thats a great story and a great weight loss.

ok the b/que's on for our roasted veg and fish. The red wine is corked. I always believe in have fruit with meals:)
Lizard Lips

Lighter Life

Post by Lizard Lips »

Thanks to all for your kind words & encouragement. I was never overweight until I hit 40. I was a super skinny kid & maintained a healthy weight up until 40. It's been tough! I don't diet. I've been eating healthy since I was 20. My problem was portions that were too large, too much wine & not enough exercise. I'm trying to eat small amounts every 3 hours to stave off hunger & it works! I don't drink much wine anymore. Besides being loaded with calories, it was starting to give me headaches. I have switched to vanilla vodka with diet tonic for those times when alcohol is warranted. LOL! I joined a gym 3 years ago & I'm there 4-5 days every week. The cool thing is that I've developed quite the social network at the gym. I'm hanging out with people I probably would not have met otherwise. Through them, I've learned how to train properly. H&H when are you expecting us at your caravan?

P.S. H&H you should email or pm me. I've got to tell you about the Scottish discussion boards that I've joined. Also all the genealogy I'm doing!
healthandharmony

Lighter Life

LL. You have done really well. Big hugs to you.

I have lost my first stone.(14 lbs) but have so many arrangements over the next 2 weeks I have gone low carb in the hope of keeping it off. I must admit it was a good feeling putting the light life away for 2 weeks. It does work though, I have lost 2% of my body fat. I get measured ect at curves.

I would love to hear what you are up too. Come to the caravan asap/:guitarist We will have a ball. :wah:
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

healthandharmony wrote: I have lost my first stone.(14 lbs)

Way to go, HSquared :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Thankyou C and B.:-6
healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Thankyou very much. i will be away rill the 22nd. I will see you all then. :)
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

healthandharmony wrote: Thankyou very much. i will be away rill the 22nd. I will see you all then. :)

ENJOY!!! :-6
Live Life with

PASSION

healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Hi guys. I am back now. Hope you are all well.:-6
healthandharmony

Lighter Life

I have been away to my caravan. Lol :guitarist Where were you all. I had to drink the wine and eat all the b/que stuff myself.:D
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

Sounds perfect -- got any wine left? :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Got any wine left. I always have wine left. It just keeps on coming. :D

Mind you. I am back on my diet , trying to lose the next stone. (14) So will let you know how I get on. How is every-one else doing. :-3
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

healthandharmony;443936 wrote: Got any wine left. I always have wine left. It just keeps on coming.

Mind you. I am back on my diet , trying to lose the next stone. (14) So will let you know how I get on. How is every-one else doing.

Hi HSquared :)

I just bought four new pairs of jeans over the past few days -- size 5 junior :)

That is really good for me (although I am sure they are all LARGE 5s) :-6

I feel good about myself physically

I just hope that this time

I can *truly* keep the 20 pounds off :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Well done cher and B I am sure you will keep it off. It is wonderful when you can it into a different size . You must be very proud. :-6
jana fraser

Lighter Life

Post by jana fraser »

Congrats Cher! Awesome job. I haven't fit into a size 5 since um.....

hmmmmm maybe grade 9? Something about having kids that must have stretched my hips that ill never squeeze into them....but do fit back into a size 8 after a long time. I am keeping my size 12's and 14' s in the closest in case this mode is short lived!

Congrats again! xo
cherandbuster

Lighter Life

Post by cherandbuster »

HSquared and Jana :)

Thank you for your kind words.

It's nice to put on a pair of jeans :)

turn around

look in the mirror

and be able to say

"Gee, I've got a nice A*S*S!! :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

healthandharmony

Lighter Life

I am sure you have.:D I might to wait a while for that. :lips: It's when I take that tape off that causes the problem.:D
SuzyB

Lighter Life

Post by SuzyB »

Hi H&H, I was readig in the paper today that coleen nolan that was married to Shane ritchie has just lost 3 stone (42pounds) in 100 days on the Lighterlife programme!!
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

healthandharmony

Lighter Life

Hi Suzy. Thankyou. That is an encouragement. I must admit I am still on low carb as I have had so many meals out, that it was easier to do. I do intend to go back on lighter life soon. It is very hard, but it works. :-5 :D

Return to “Fitness Nutrition”