Dancing with the Stars-

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

Emmitt Smith! He's just so cute and charming...and he really can dance! A friend convinced me to start watching this show last season (I was SURE it was silly fluff....) and she was right! Interesting to see people make progress and actually begin to DO it well!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

I saw that Holly Robinson Peete was in the group cheering for Emmitt. I know Holly and I'm sending an email to find out alllll about Emmitt and how he's doing with this.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

Through the zoo. She and Rodney are the most wonderful parents...I just love their children. They've been several times and always ask for me. He calls me "Pamcake" (pam's my name) and they're lovely people. She's very natural and friendly and lovely, although you'd probably not give her a second look when she's not wearing makeup.
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

Please don't think I'm name-dropping...I've done tours for Will Farrell, Michael Feinstein, Betty White, Shaquille O'Neil, Jean Smart, Reese Witherspoon, Rodney Peete, Holly R. Peete, Hulk Hogan, Tippi Hedren and Alex Trebeck. They're all folks who love animals and have helped the zoo.

Betty is a GEM! She's as funny and naughty and cute as you'd think!
MzTulip

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by MzTulip »

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!:D

Only kidding but I sure gotta give him an A for effort.
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

He DID seem astonished to be in the middle group, didn't he? I think people are just being kind.

Do you vote?
MzTulip

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by MzTulip »

Lulu2 wrote: He DID seem astonished to be in the middle group, didn't he? I think people are just being kind.

Do you vote?
As much as I hate to admitit, yes I did. I voted for Jerry as the representative of the seniors amongst us. :o
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

You do realize what this means...don't you? WE ARE HOOKED!

Is there a twelve-step program for mid-season? :wah:
MzTulip

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by MzTulip »

Im still in recovery for American idol.
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

"I'm Lulu and I'm addicted to 'LOST' and 'Dancing with the Stars.' :(
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

(Putting my hand up to my brow......wearing my fortune-teller garb....)

I PREDICT! I PREDICT THAT.....YOU WILL VOTE!

:wah:

(Reese is a TINY woman...she didn't clear my shoulder (I'm 5'8") and, without make-up, you'd never even notice her. Her daughter, Ava, is a sweetie!)
CARLA

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by CARLA »

Love dancing with the Stars Emmitt can move, as well as Mario. The women need to step it up the are laggin behind not to impressed with any of them so far.:guitarist
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

OK..here's what I did. I emailed Holly Peete (she was seen tonight...wearing a brown/white print dress & cheering Emmitt) and I asked her to tell him we're all voting for him!

Jerry Springer's partner is GAME! I wonder if she had shots for pain...that injury looked awful!

Mario can DANCE!

But...for personality, charm and general charisma...it's my man, Emmitt!
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

+++++++++++ What do you think about this?

Tom DeLay’s New Cause: Conservative Takeover Of ‘Dancing With The Stars’

When Tom DeLay announced his resignation from Congress in June 2006, he said he wanted to “pursue new opportunities to engage in the important cultural and political battles of our day from an arena outside of the U.S. House of Representatives.”

This morning, DeLay officially took up the important cultural/political battle of ABC’s reality show “Dancing with the Stars.” DeLay sent a mass e-mail to his supporters urging them to “help a good friend of mine, country music singer and GOP supporter Sara Evans,” who will be competing in this season’s show. From the letter (full text HERE):

Sara Evans has been a strong supporter of the Republican Party and represents good American values in the media. From singing at the 2004 Republican Convention to appearing with candidates in the last several election cycles, we have always been able to count on Sara for her support of the things we all believe in. … One of her opponents on the show is ultra liberal talk show host Jerry Springer. We need to send a message to Hollywood and the media that smut has no place on television by supporting good people like Sara Evans.

Evans also sang at the 2004 Presidential Dinner, where Bush said, “I love the voice of Sara Evans.” She appears on a conservative website as “Babe of the Week” in a picture of her with Bush.

When your efforts to control Congress over, there’s always reality TV dancing.
Crème brûlée

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Crème brûlée »

Lulu2 wrote: OK..here's what I did. I emailed Holly Peete (she was seen tonight...wearing a brown/white print dress & cheering Emmitt) and I asked her to tell him we're all voting for him!

Jerry Springer's partner is GAME! I wonder if she had shots for pain...that injury looked awful!

Mario can DANCE!

But...for personality, charm and general charisma...it's my man, Emmitt!

Noooo way, Emmit looks more like Production dancing.....

Mario is the winner in this game.......he has the personality and dimples and........and.........the whole package going on.......:p Go Go Mario:-4
Brownley

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Brownley »

We have our own version of DWTS here in Australia with our own local celebrities.

I wish we got to see the American version tho, would love to see our Kym with Jerry.

She did so well over here in Australia, won the second season (ended up in a relationship with the celebrity as well).

She was also on our local Celebrity Survivor.

Is Mario the guy that used to host a terrible talk show with the guy off the Partridge family?
A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song - Maya Angelou
Lulu2

Dancing with the Stars-

Post by Lulu2 »

WHOA! I was very surprised that Viveca's out and that Sara person is still in! Do you suppose the Tom Delay campaign is keeping her on? Because Viveca was clearly a better dancer that Sara! I admired her poise when she made the "thank you" speech.

Return to “General TV Shows”