Help......again!

abbey

Help......again!

Post by abbey »

How do i stop my computer installing automated updates?
Betty Boop

Help......again!

Post by Betty Boop »

Have you got windows???

Go to control panel, then automatic updates
abbey

Help......again!

Post by abbey »

Betty Boop wrote: Have you got windows???

Go to control panel, then automatic updatesThanks Boops, it was driving me bonkers.

Now, have you any idea why i keep losing FG?

I click on a thread and the no page found sign comes up, i try to refresh my page and it says cannot find server.

I have to go off, click on another site enter it, come back and FG's back but i've been logged off, it's happened once today already.

It can happen 4 or 5 times a night and its so frustrating. :-5
anastrophe

Help......again!

Post by anastrophe »

it's a bad idea to turn off automatic updates.

as annoying as they are, they're better than having your machine compromised and turned into a spambot, sending junkmail to tens of thousands of victims....
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Accountable

Help......again!

Post by Accountable »

abbey wrote: Thanks Boops, it was driving me bonkers.

Now, have you any idea why i keep losing FG?

I click on a thread and the no page found sign comes up, i try to refresh my page and it says cannot find server.

I have to go off, click on another site enter it, come back and FG's back but i've been logged off, it's happened once today already.

It can happen 4 or 5 times a night and its so frustrating. :-5Do you have an anti-spyware program running? FG puts a tracking cookie on your drive to know you're you. I've deleted mine before and always have to log back in. A spyware program might mistake it and delete it. Could that be it?
chonsigirl

Help......again!

Post by chonsigirl »

*kicking it*

That should work.......................:)
weber

Help......again!

Post by weber »

chonsigirl wrote: *kicking it*

That should work.......................:)

:D girl:D

Abbey

I can't figure why you would want to stop automatic updates. Without any effort you keep your computer up to date. I love automatic updates and request them whenever offered. I've never done an update but my machine is in top working order and completely up to date.:guitarist
miriam:yh_flower

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

.................Charles Mingus

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?
pina

Help......again!

Post by pina »

I have my updates set at a certain time in the night when I know I wont be using the computer.

Have a look in your control panel, and automatic updates there should be a bit where it asks what time you would like.

abbey

Help......again!

Post by abbey »

weber wrote: :D girl:D

Abbey

I can't figure why you would want to stop automatic updates. Without any effort you keep your computer up to date. I love automatic updates and request them whenever offered. I've never done an update but my machine is in top working order and completely up to date.:guitaristBecause it always seems to want me to restart my puter when i'm doing something and it's ruddy annoying.
abbey

Help......again!

Post by abbey »

pina wrote: I have my updates set at a certain time in the night when I know I wont be using the computer.

Have a look in your control panel, and automatic updates there should be a bit where it asks what time you would like.Will it do this if my computer's turned off??
abbey

Help......again!

Post by abbey »

Accountable wrote: Do you have an anti-spyware program running? FG puts a tracking cookie on your drive to know you're you. I've deleted mine before and always have to log back in. A spyware program might mistake it and delete it. Could that be it?It's not the logging on bit i mind, it's the way FG keeps going off and it takes ages to get back on again.

The only way i seem able to get back on is to go to another site and browse for a while.

It's very strange, it's been the same for about 3 months or so.
zinkyusa

Help......again!

Post by zinkyusa »

abbey wrote: Will it do this if my computer's turned off??

Not if it's off, but it will try and do it when you turn it back on..:-6
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Return to “Computers Internet”