ranch vacations

Been on a great vacation or location recently? Share with us your travels, your tips, great places to stay, and whatever else you can think of.
Vesuvius

ranch vacations

Post by Vesuvius »

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone has experienced a ranch vacation?

I am planning to go to Arizona, in May 2005, to two ranches, one near the Grand Canyon and Sedona, and the other near Tuscon.

I havn't riden a horse for 20 years properly, and the last time was on a mild trek in Greece, and I fell off! Well, my horse bolted, and I did try to hang on :wah:

I have been to the Middle East where I did Western Riding and loved it, so I should be OK :-2

Hubby doesn't want to come, he is going to visit his daughter on a Spanish Island in the Med., my daughter may be getting married and going on honeymoon, and I've been told by the very friendly ranch owners a single woman is most welcome.

Just wondered if you had been, if you could tell me about it?

Lots of thanks. Gilly
valerie

ranch vacations

Post by valerie »

Haven't been but it's certainly my dream so I envy you!

Someday I'd like to go on one of those "working" ranches where you move

cattle from place to place...

Have lots of fun!! And post about it when you get back!

:-6
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

Vesuvius

ranch vacations

Post by Vesuvius »

Hi Valerie,

I will indeed tell all when I get back. Although I hesitate to say I won't be herding cattle, :D just trecking along Sedona and the Grand Canyon and the deserts of Arizona.

Having not sat on a horse for a long time, I doubt whether I would be much use on a cattle drive. It would remind me of the funny film with Billy Crystal, where theyy all kept sliding off their saddles.!!! Gilly
Cass

ranch vacations

Post by Cass »

We are going on a ranch holiday this summer.... it is very 'deluxe' though, I won't be herding anything... :D

I plan to read a lot of books (no TV there, and no computer) my 11 year old daughter will be riding horses all the time.

http://www.siwashlakeranch.com

Return to “Travel Vacation”