Sleep aids

Marie5656

Sleep aids

Post by Marie5656 »

I have used Advil PM or tylenol PM. I tried the herbal supplement Valarian, but it did not react well with the prescribed anti anxiety med I was taking, so I went off it.
minks

Sleep aids

Post by minks »

Zopiclone, perscription sleep aids, the crack up about these babies, it has a warning lable... yep you guessed it, warning my cause drowziness GET THE HECK OUTTA TOWN!!!
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
chonsigirl

Sleep aids

Post by chonsigirl »

I think I am like Marie, I take something for the stress and don't use anything else. I half it all the time anyway.....................it helped stop the weight loss though, I stabilized.

If I am sore from something, I take some ibuprofen before bed.
daBunnyWendy7

Sleep aids

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Well,my DrS ea prescribed Quite alot last sev Mos since jan particularly bad.Found out I have severe asthma ...pneumonia 2 to 3x per yr typically w fluid in lungs .Cough so much I barf.Very unldylike and demoralizing.Now on 7 or 8 prescripts.LOL hate to even pop an asprin 1 x ea 3 yrs or so.kid ya not 3 steroids good grief gained 80 lbs hippopotamus see pics.WAS slender NOW reubenesque.lets hav a pitty party.LOL.phenol..w codeine c srup.cant breathe FEEL like a whiner.LOL

ex DH & current new 12 05 DH have sleep apnea.HARD on me cause they'd STOP BREATHING.so....

WHEN I CAN manage to sleep...I awaken to COLD nonbreathing body.so cold I think...

ty to see...pretty scary.hard to sleep.wah wah lol sigh

NOT a vintner
Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
woppy71

Sleep aids

Post by woppy71 »

I sleep pretty well most nights, only waking perhaps once or maybe twice a night. Occasionally have a night of insomnia, when worrying about something. I usually find that routine and closure of the days events helps me sleep better.:)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
woppy71

Sleep aids

Post by woppy71 »

Wendybird wrote: I envy you woppy. I haven't had a full nights sleep in 2 years.

Last night I went to sleep at 11 and was wide awake by 2.30. I am now exhausted. :(

I have tried over the counter remedies, prescribed drugs, herbal etc but nothing helps. My doc tells me I have an overactive brain! lol

Now there's a diagnosis you don't expect! :rolleyes:

I do know how youl feel, I went through severe insomnia about 18 months or so ago, i was diagnosed with mild depression. The medication helped to sort that out, I came off the medication and now my sleep pattern is pretty much sorted out.

I do believe it's possible to be physically tired and not mentally tired. Have you tried reading before bed, or trying to do something that works your brain so that it too becomes tired?:)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
woppy71

Sleep aids

Post by woppy71 »

Clancy wrote: What;s wrong with you people !

Find a lover, do the deed, smoke a cig, light's out ....sleep.

.....sorted :)

Yes that usually does the trick!!:wah::wah:
Accountable

Sleep aids

Post by Accountable »

I drink before bedtime, or up to bedtime, whatever ... but not specifically to help me sleep. It just helps me get drunk. :yh_bigsmi
cherandbuster

Sleep aids

Post by cherandbuster »

Wendybird and Clancy :-4

Why don't you two get a room and work this out? :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Accountable

Sleep aids

Post by Accountable »

Wendybird wrote: Wait..................no...................don't tell me.........................................

Your idea of foreplay?..............................."Brace yourself Ethel?"

;):wah:
Betty Boop

Sleep aids

Post by Betty Boop »

Clancy wrote: What's wrong with you people !

Find a lover, do the deed, smoke a cig, light's out ....sleep.

.....sorted :)

You're onto something there Clancy, but it's a bit difficult when you're a single Mum, you get hit on by young men who think you're a MILF, there's just no one decent to really get your teeth into! ;) :D
Betty Boop

Sleep aids

Post by Betty Boop »

SnoozeControl wrote: Betty! I can't believe you said MILF.:wah:

:p I didn't say it though!

What a horrible term it is! I had to ask what it meant when somebody first said it to me, I nearly fell over when he told me! :lips:
sunny104

Sleep aids

Post by sunny104 »

Accountable wrote: I drink before bedtime, or up to bedtime, whatever ... but not specifically to help me sleep. It just helps me get drunk. :yh_bigsmi
me too! :D

or sometimes I have Sleepytime tea, it really helps. :-6
Lulu2

Sleep aids

Post by Lulu2 »

TylenolPM, a glass of wine and EAR PLUGS are the secret to sleeping on a jet!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
cherandbuster

Sleep aids

Post by cherandbuster »

I've always been a bad sleeper. I have no trouble falling asleep -- I just have trouble *staying* asleep.

I've used a muscle relaxer (Flexeril) to help; I get them for my back pain. I also use lorazepam, which also helps. I never use the two of them together, though. :-6
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

minks

Sleep aids

Post by minks »

woppy71 wrote: I do know how youl feel, I went through severe insomnia about 18 months or so ago, i was diagnosed with mild depression. The medication helped to sort that out, I came off the medication and now my sleep pattern is pretty much sorted out.

I do believe it's possible to be physically tired and not mentally tired. Have you tried reading before bed, or trying to do something that works your brain so that it too becomes tired?:)

WOW woppy that is just what I went through, awful interupted sleep patterns, and was diagnosed with mild depression (go figure I was going through my divorce hah! ) and I was surprised at how quickly the Dr came to the conclusion that my sleep was a result of depression. So onto meds for the depression, and some sleep aids to break down the lousy sleep cycle. Off depression meds after 6 months and only take sleep aids every now and then when after a few nights in a row of lousy sleep get the better of me.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Uncle Kram

Sleep aids

Post by Uncle Kram »

mrsK wrote: Yes, a little wine before bedtime;)

And if it is a weekend a little more wine:sneaky: :-6

My ex-wife used to have a little whine before bedtime :rolleyes:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
daBunnyWendy7

Sleep aids

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

SnoozeControl wrote: You know what's irritating? I slept like sh*t all week, I finally have a day off and fell asleep watching TV this afternoon, and now I'll be awake all night.

I'm an idiot.:-5

click for DAWN:)

sorry you're stressed.Bet you REALLY NEEDED that extra sleep.Maybe you'll see the dawn. I am at work SO early I miss that entirely
Wendybunny

daBunnyWendy7

Sleep aids

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

mrsK wrote: Know the feeling well Snooze,been waking every morning this week at 1:30 am .

I blame it on the full moon,then I start to prowl around the house ironing etc.

Weirdo that I am :-3 :-3 :-6
yep*weird* me too.WORK shirts & fabrics prep for quilts ect:rolleyes:

Wendybunny

daBunnyWendy7

Sleep aids

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

uh SHOULD b under one! LOL duh, I shold B in bed gnna be clobbered at work w tons of travellers.NITE

Thanks on Q it is old NOT my creation.I am QC however.:D mrsK wrote: Love the quilt:-6
Wendybunny

Return to “Health Wellness”