Looney Tunes

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
woppy71

Looney Tunes

Post by woppy71 »

it took me ages to get used to people with handsfree kits.... I used to think they were talking to themselves!:wah:

Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Bill Sikes

Looney Tunes

Post by Bill Sikes »

woppy71 wrote:

it took me ages to get used to people with handsfree kits.... I used to think they were talking to themselves!:wah:

All these people using their mobile 'phones look as if they've hurt their ears, or

the sides of their heads.
Bill Sikes

Looney Tunes

Post by Bill Sikes »

helefra wrote: Anyone else come across any loonies out there?

Yes. He lives with his mum, in an old house, is about 60, small-ish and v. strong

from various labouring work. He tends to wave his hands/arms about, and have

his trousers tucked in, and wears a lounge suit jacket, all scruffy, at all times.

He talks to himself ("They all think you're mad!!") and replies when greeted

in the street by/with "Good morning! Morning" and is a Weather Expert, and

often right.
woppy71

Looney Tunes

Post by woppy71 »

Bill Sikes wrote: All these people using their mobile 'phones look as if they've hurt their ears, or

the sides of their heads.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Peg

Looney Tunes

Post by Peg »

I swear I could be in a room of 1000 people, and the one person there that should be heavily medicated will find me and want to have a conversation. Many times I had no clue whatsoever what they were going on and on about, but politely nod and say oh my.:wah:

I worked in a store and this nurse would bring a lady from the nursing home over to pick up a few things. It was so sad. She wore all her clothes thinking the nursing home was trying to steal her clothes. She would not let you touch her food, because the nursing home was trying to poison her. Her family just dumped her off and never came to visit or check on her.:-5 Anyways, I loved the lady dearly, but just could not resist when Al started working at the store too. She got in line, he rang her up, and went to grab her milk to put it in a bag. She was screaming at the top of her lungs. We we all rolling at the horrified look on Al's face. We knew you don't touch her groceries for any reason and she will bag them herself but didn't feel the need to share that fact with him.:wah:
cherandbuster

Looney Tunes

Post by cherandbuster »

helefra wrote: Anyone else come across any loonies out there?

Haven't you met Nomad? :p
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Sheryl

Looney Tunes

Post by Sheryl »

helefra wrote:

Anyone else come across any loonies out there?

Yep everymorning when I brush my teeth, it's there staring at me in the mirror. :p

Actually we have a guy in our town that's referred to as Monkey Man Milo, I'm not sure bout his history. Have heard some pretty sick rumors bout him.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
CheshireCat

Looney Tunes

Post by CheshireCat »

We have this guy hee, supposedly has tons of money, he rides his bike all over town. It has one of those really tall bouncy flags on the back and a basket on the front. He picks up drink cans and waves at everybody. He's been around as long as I can remember.
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
Bill Sikes

Looney Tunes

Post by Bill Sikes »

helefra wrote: Thanks Wendy, Woppy, Bill and Peg - some good stories there. It's a shame these people exist, I don't know how they survive.

Hey! I don't think it's a shame in the case of the weather man - he's happy

enough, enjoys the off half-dozen or so pints of an evening (used to get free

beer for cleaning in a pub), and it's nice to see a range of characters about.

If we were all clones of some ideal, it's probably be rather boring!
Bill Sikes

Looney Tunes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Hamster wrote: That's why I try to avoid buses (and confined spaces!) as the loonies always seem to find me!! thinking:

I find the opposite... if I stop & ask someone for directions, or go to an unfamiliar

place, I tend to find one of *those* people. Not the eccentric loon type; *those*

people. They often have nylon shower-proof jackets, appear to be bulging with

health and inactivity, wear vacant expressions and fix you with a watery-eyed

glassy stare, and talk and talk until they begin to froth at the mouth, slightly.

They usu. wear cheap shoes and dirty trousers, and minute drops of spittle fly

out of their mouths as they earnestly blather on. That's only the blokes, too!
Angelica

Looney Tunes

Post by Angelica »

There is this one guy who frequents one of the malls in my area. He is about 5' 5", is always in black, wears this huge silver belt buckle, black cowboy boots with sliver toe tips, sideburns down to his jaw line and the biggest blackest pompador hairstyle you have ever seen. He has got to be one of the oddest oddballs around here..

(It looks something like this, but this one is better kept, hahahaha)

cherandbuster

Looney Tunes

Post by cherandbuster »

Angelica wrote: (It looks something like this, but this one is better kept, hahahaha)

Great picture! Looks like he may be concealing a family of four in that hair :thinking: :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Angelica

Looney Tunes

Post by Angelica »

helefra wrote: As long as he doesn't decide to have a long talk with you Angel you'll be okay hahaha...When you come from the NYC area, you learn never to make eye contact..otherwise, they either think you want to engage them in conversation or you are looking for a fight. :wah:
dubs

Looney Tunes

Post by dubs »

They're all as mad as a box of frogs in Brum, I avoid it like the plague!

They're nuts! nuts! I tell you........!;)

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
ARgi

Looney Tunes

Post by ARgi »

my first day at the college campus a guy wiggled his eyebrows at me and said 'i love you.'

oh and ...i live with a looney.
woppy71

Looney Tunes

Post by woppy71 »

We have a fair few loons here where I live, and as I am a security officer in a large retail complex, I get to deal with most of them regularly. We have one who has been around for years, he has the nickname of "Static sid", he goes around wearing checked shorts. boots, light jacket (regardless of the weather), 'listening' to a big walkman strapped to his waist with a bloody gread big pair of headphones on (the sort of ones that you use with a home hi-fi) strapped to his ears. The really weird thing is that the plug for the earphones is not actually plugged into anything, it just dangles in mid air.

He also sings at the top of his voice at the same time. Weird:-2:wah:

woppy71

Looney Tunes

Post by woppy71 »

Keith W wrote: I remember him!!

Does he still pull his shopping trolley around with him?

He used to ride one of those fold away bikes as well, don't know if he still does

For some strange reason, he only walks now.

Return to “General Chit Chat”