I am really upset

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

I am starting to puke again because I have 5 weeks to file my 2005 taxes and I cannot. I went into a business with my brother, aunt and cousin 25 years ago. It is oil and gas related. I am in a partnership whereby my brother is controlling partner and makes all the decisions. I still do not have a K-1 to file my taxes and I have only 5 weeks left to do so. This has happened 15 out of the 25 years. What's more is that 4 years ago he decided to keep all the revenue to drill some more oil wells and has not done that yet. In the mean time, he has been saving our dispursements to pay for these wells and has not even given us enough money to pay the tax off the original income the IRS wants us pay. Yes, even 3 people against one has moved him on this stance. He was sooooooooooo pissed he had to send me $17,500.00 to pay my chemo over 2 years ago he actually told the family it came from his bank account...........BULLF****ING ****......it came from my capital account in the business. I am ready to hire an attorney and get my money out now...........I could care less about his promise of making me a millionaire.................what if the wells are a bust?

Thanks for letting me rant................OBTW.......he has built a major BMX track with 6-8 of his own riders for competition.... www.wyvermotosports.com .....go figure - or go look.

Any suggestions? Stupid NVAL comments? All are welcome. I'm tired of it.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
minks

I am really upset

Post by minks »

nvalleyvee wrote: I am starting to puke again because I have 5 weeks to file my 2005 taxes and I cannot. I went into a business with my brother, aunt and cousin 25 years ago. It is oil and gas related. I am in a partnership whereby my brother is controlling partner and makes all the decisions. I still do not have a K-1 to file my taxes and I have only 5 weeks left to do so. This has happened 15 out of the 25 years. What's more is that 4 years ago he decided to keep all the revenue to drill some more oil wells and has not done that yet. In the mean time, he has been saving our dispursements to pay for these wells and has not even given us enough money to pay the tax off the original income the IRS wants us pay. Yes, even 3 people against one has moved him on this stance. He was sooooooooooo pissed he had to send me $17,500.00 to pay my chemo over 2 years ago he actually told the family it came from his bank account...........BULLF****ING ****......it came from my capital account in the business. I am ready to hire an attorney and get my money out now...........I could care less about his promise of making me a millionaire.................what if the wells are a bust?

Thanks for letting me rant................OBTW.......he has built a major BMX track with 6-8 of his own riders for competition.... www.wyvermotosports.com .....go figure - or go look.

Awww NV what a crappy situation....Huggs is all I can offer ya
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

minks wrote: Awww NV what a crappy situation....Huggs is all I can offer ya

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......I want advice......:confused: OK I have to LMFAO at myself...............:(
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper
CARLA

I am really upset

Post by CARLA »

Sounds like you need an attorney you better protect your portion of the business or you could be left with nothing. Shouldn't matter that is your Brother it is good business to protect your shares. :thinking: what any smart investor would do.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

CARLA wrote: Sounds like you need an attorney you better protect your portion of the business or you could be left with nothing. Shouldn't matter that is your Brother it is good business to protect your shares. :thinking: what any smart investor would do.

I agree..........it has just taken me years to get here and I did not want to do it because it is family.....too bad so sad .........

You are right....I am an investor and need to get over the family thing.........Thanks
RedGlitter

I am really upset

Post by RedGlitter »

nvalleyvee wrote: He was sooooooooooo pissed he had to send me $17,500.00 to pay my chemo over 2 years ago he actually told the family it came from his bank account............

Good grief. I have no suggestions for you NVV, but I would like to say that I am sorry you had a need for chemo. I just lost my mom to cancer this June and knowing you had some kind of cancer makes me want to give you a big hug. I am glad you are still here and I wish you the very best.
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

RedGlitter wrote: Good grief. I have no suggestions for you NVV, but I would like to say that I am sorry you had a need for chemo. I just lost my mom to cancer this June and knowing you had some kind of cancer makes me want to give you a big hug. I am glad you are still here and I wish you the very best.

I am sorry for your loss...it's difficult when someone has a life threatening disease and you cannot predict the outcome...........To go through all the "treatments" and to still lose them is even more difficult.

I had "good" cancer.......easily treated. Oh hey.....I have hair again..........:wah:
daBunnyWendy7

I am really upset

Post by daBunnyWendy7 »

Dearest nvalleyvee,

First,Let me give You a big fluffy bunny hug. hey,I know it won't fix it AND I'm not an attorney. BUT Hugs make a difference.HUG HUG,KISS KISS...I always say that to friends & family on the phone.

Everyone is correct, of course in that legal protection IS VERY necessary according to your sad tale.It really bothers me when people are taken advantage of.My Mother says when seeking legl counsel try to obtain a referal from a client.

Secondly, I empathize w you regarding enduring chemo and being a surVIVor!:-4 HUGS AGAIN...My sweet Grandother Elva passed due to a cancer.It seems to me that it's always the dearest people who endure these things.

Here's a"snickerdoodle"(bunnygifs) JUST FOR YOU:)

Wendybunny ooxxoo

Wendybunny

Everyone can make the world a better place!
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

Thanks daBun
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

nvalleyvee wrote: I am starting to puke again because I have 5 weeks to file my 2005 taxes and I cannot. I went into a business with my brother, aunt and cousin 25 years ago. It is oil and gas related. I am in a partnership whereby my brother is controlling partner and makes all the decisions. I still do not have a K-1 to file my taxes and I have only 5 weeks left to do so. This has happened 15 out of the 25 years. What's more is that 4 years ago he decided to keep all the revenue to drill some more oil wells and has not done that yet. In the mean time, he has been saving our dispursements to pay for these wells and has not even given us enough money to pay the tax off the original income the IRS wants us pay. Yes, even 3 people against one has moved him on this stance. He was sooooooooooo pissed he had to send me $17,500.00 to pay my chemo over 2 years ago he actually told the family it came from his bank account...........BULLF****ING ****......it came from my capital account in the business. I am ready to hire an attorney and get my money out now...........I could care less about his promise of making me a millionaire.................what if the wells are a bust?

you're being screwed. get a lawyer on it and let him deal with the legalities. also, report your brother's financial dealings to the irs and get the rewaed for his criminal acts to avoid taxes, but be sure you have a criminal attorney help you go through the process.

oil and gas can be good money, but your brother's a crook, if you ask me.:lips: :driving: :-4
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

charles_r51 wrote: you're being screwed. get a lawyer on it and let him deal with the legalities. also, report your brother's financial dealings to the irs and get the rewaed for his criminal acts to avoid taxes, but be sure you have a criminal attorney help you go through the process.

oil and gas can be good money, but your brother's a crook, if you ask me.:lips: :driving: :-4

I got $10,000.00 out of $210,000.00 in the last 2 years. That is why I think I'm screwed and F the wells.

Thanks.......I need this support.

I just thought I needed a tax and/or a corporate attorney.... Criminal attorney?
DesignerGal

I am really upset

Post by DesignerGal »

What is it with K1 statements. My husband has to file an extension every year because he cant get his on time!!

Oh, and I'd say get an attorney.

HBIC
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

nvalleyvee wrote: I got $10,000.00 out of $210,000.00 in the last 2 years. That is why I think I'm screwed and F the wells.

Thanks.......I need this support.

I just thought I needed a tax and/or a corporate attorney.... Criminal attorney?

the civil laws may help get your money from your brother, but the criminal attorney can protect you from being accused of criminal culpability if your brother is found to have violated the tax code as far criminal laws being broken. as a corparate member, it may be you would be held accountable for any criminal acts your brother may have committed as a co-corparrate partner. remember, ignorance of a criminal act is no defense, so you would possibly be just as culpable.:driving: :-4 :-4
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

DesignerGal wrote: What is it with K1 statements. My husband has to file an extension every year because he cant get his on time!!

getting k1's is a corparate problem for many, but may also be the fault of the accounting dept. a poite letter to them may help alleviate the problem, but it may also backfire and cause hard feelings. fraud, however is another matter and that seems to be the poster's problem with his brother.:-4 :-4 :-4
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

charles_r51 wrote: getting k1's is a corparate problem for many, but may also be the fault of the accounting dept. a poite letter to them may help alleviate the problem, but it may also backfire and cause hard feelings. fraud, however is another matter and that seems to be the poster's problem with his brother.:-4 :-4 :-4

Yes I believe you have walked in my shoes...........the polite letter has NEVER WORKED. And yes........I need to stand up against my brother. Thanks for backhanding me upside my face.
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

nvalleyvee wrote: Yes I believe you have walked in my shoes...........the polite letter has NEVER WORKED. And yes........I need to stand up against my brother. Thanks for backhanding me upside my face.

i wasn't backhanding, just reminding you of what may happen if not attended to. best of luck whatever may come.:-4 :-4 :-4
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

DesignerGal wrote: What is it with K1 statements. My husband has to file an extension every year because he cant get his on time!!

Does your hubby wait 9 months every year?

If he does.........does it not just **** the crap out of him?
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

nvalleyvee wrote: Does your hubby wait 9 months every year?

If he does.........does it not just **** the crap out of him?

nine months? every year? beat him? something sounds strange here. are we discussing taxes here? :wah: :-3 :-4
G-man

I am really upset

Post by G-man »

Your brother is definitely not somebody I wanna' be in business with... and I hate to admit it, but I've seen this same sort of thing in my family, as well ...it's the sort of thing that tears families apart and you can't allow the love you have for your family get in the way of business... it's the business relationship that is failing... get out as soon as you can and don't leave empty-handed.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

Raven

I am really upset

Post by Raven »

I would get an attorney and get out now. Family just means it's easier on the conscience to screw ya.
~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

Raven wrote: I would get an attorney and get out now. Family just means it's easier on the conscience to screw ya.

I know I just quoted Raven here but I really really appreciate all the support that has done nothing but back up my feelings.

My accountant gave the name of a good attorney and I have contacted him...........**** will hit the fan this fall..............Already did. The attorney I hired demanded a copy of the incorporation papers and 3 days later my brother called and asked what was going on. I told him he needed to talk to my attorney since he refused to talk to me for the past 6 months.

OMG.......our Mom has called, my other brother has called............they are all wondering what the F is wrong with me. My Auntie from Italy left me an e-mail and said "good job". My Auntie and cousin also want a part of getting him out of total control.

Thanks all....................
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

nvalleyvee wrote: I know I just quoted Raven here but I really really appreciate all the support that has done nothing but back up my feelings.

My accountant gave the name of a good attorney and I have contacted him...........**** will hit the fan this fall..............Already did. The attorney I hired demanded a copy of the incorporation papers and 3 days later my brother called and asked what was going on. I told him he needed to talk to my attorney since he refused to talk to me for the past 6 months.

OMG.......our Mom has called, my other brother has called............they are all wondering what the F is wrong with me. My Auntie from Italy left me an e-mail and said "good job". My Auntie and cousin also want a part of getting him out of total control.

Thanks all....................

you're welcome. i must say that, all said and done, letting the accountant refer you, and seeking out that attorney, is the wisest choice. the final outcome may not be pleasing to you, or anyone else, but don't think it won't work out for the best. sometimes a little push can move a mountain. and you have started that push. now watch the mountain move, or fall.:D :-4
nvalleyvee

I am really upset

Post by nvalleyvee »

For the first time in 15 years I got enough money to pay my taxes..............I did my happy dance tonight.................FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 15 YEARS..............My brother actually did the right thing.................................So I have to gear for next year.....................DAMN..........he did right by me this year............HE DID RIGHT BY ME THIS YEAR!!!!!

So should I be worried about next year............give me 2 weeks!!!

You all know that one great thing overshadows a few bad years.

OK ----------give me ****!!!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!!!!:-5 :-5
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

nvalleyvee wrote: For the first time in 15 years I got enough money to pay my taxes..............I did my happy dance tonight.................FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 15 YEARS..............My brother actually did the right thing.................................So I have to gear for next year.....................DAMN..........he did right by me this year............HE DID RIGHT BY ME THIS YEAR!!!!!

OK ----------give me ****!!!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!!!!:-5 :-5

a leopard rarely changes his spots, especially when he gets used to them. 15 years is a lot of getting used to time, so i would ask the attorney if you should worry now, or wait til next year when it all happens again. you have gained something, just don't let go of the reins, cuz the old horse will NOT stay on the road, but get off to get some sweet grass at your expense, just like he always has.:-4
Accountable

I am really upset

Post by Accountable »

nvalleyvee wrote: For the first time in 15 years I got enough money to pay my taxes..............I did my happy dance tonight.................FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 15 YEARS..............My brother actually did the right thing.................................So I have to gear for next year.....................DAMN..........he did right by me this year............HE DID RIGHT BY ME THIS YEAR!!!!!

OK ----------give me ****!!!!!!!!!!!NOW!!!!!!!!!:-5 :-5Do your happy dance .......... ON HIS HEAD! :wah:

This might be good timing to get out without pissing people off. Whatcha think?
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

Accountable wrote: Do your happy dance .......... ON HIS HEAD! :wah:

This might be good timing to get out without pissing people off. Whatcha think?

**** him off. **** him off!! or better yet, on him!:D :-4
Texas Thunder

I am really upset

Post by Texas Thunder »

Hey there...Just so You know I am in a Federal Criminal Case Regarding Tax Fraud....The thing that is Important here is that there is always a Statue of Limitations on everything my friend....You need to do something and do it now....If you do not then you will have attorneys, Judges and Criminal law Folks Saying Why Did you not come forward sooner... They Do not Care whether it was family or not... I have been involved in this case for two years and it sucks but I am fighting for my child and what rightfully belongs to me. :(

Email me at

kimberly@texasthunderpromo.com

www.texasthunderpromo.com

I can give you some names and numbers to federal Agents.
charles_r51

I am really upset

Post by charles_r51 »

Texas Thunder wrote: Hey there...Just so You know I am in a Federal Criminal Case Regarding Tax Fraud....The thing that is Important here is that there is always a Statue of Limitations on everything my friend....You need to do something and do it now....If you do not then you will have attorneys, Judges and Criminal law Folks Saying Why Did you not come forward sooner... They Do not Care whether it was family or not... I have been involved in this case for two years and it sucks but I am fighting for my child and what rightfully belongs to me. :(

Email me at

kimberly@texasthunderpromo.com

www.texasthunderpromo.com

I can give you some names and numbers to federal Agents.

she got an attorney earlier, and is being kept informed, i think, by him/her. reading the earlier portions of the thread will bring it up. regardless of our advice, she will be best served using the attorney's. no offense meant here, hope you take none. :D

as for your case, i hope you are following your attorney's advice, and not going it alone.:-4

best of luck.:)

Return to “General Chit Chat”