To the Rant-Rave Guys

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Accountable

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Accountable »

A member of ran-rave.com got angry at things that transpired here. Just as back home in Redneckville, friends run to friends' aid - and a whole bunch that just like a good fight come to stir things up.

For those of you who are willing to come here without preconceptions, welcome. For the rest, you'll have your fun and go regardless of what I say.

BTW, I think it's funny to call us a christian forum, italics and all. :wah:

http://www.rant-rave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8582
Peg

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Peg »

I always find it amusing when people cannot fight their own battles and must bring people from other forums to do it for them. I find it even more amusing when those friends end up joining here and liking it.:D
RedGlitter

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by RedGlitter »

Is it just me or does that inDUHvidual seem to have a big problem with women? "Gynocracy?" Menstrual cycle references? For another woman to say that, that's pretty low class. I am amused that people have nothing better to do. This person "went livid." Yeah. See some starving kids in Africa. That'll make you livid. Otherwise, get something to do. Idiots.

:)
AussiePam

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by AussiePam »

Very sad!! Thanks Accountable - I was wondering what was going on.. saw a few really strange threads.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

spot

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by spot »

It's interesting to see how we look to outsiders. The Christian area obviously stands out to people who have no equivalent - it does take up a chunk of space when the threads are in full flow.

We've seen very few of you so far, Ravers. I'd expected more of a rush of solidarity. Truly, beating up Forumgarden isn't much of a challenge, I don't see what you'd get out of it.

Týr.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Marie5656

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Marie5656 »

A Christian forum? Where did they get that idea? Because religeon is discussed. Well, my one journey there was enough for me. Voids of Hell was mentioned. Right.

I shall stay here in my garden chair.
cherandbuster

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by cherandbuster »

Marie5656 wrote: I shall stay here in my garden chair.

Marie

May I pull up a chair right beside you? :)
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Bez

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Bez »

So Alexxis (on R&R) is Elouise right ?
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Marie5656

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Marie5656 »

cherandbuster wrote: Marie

May I pull up a chair right beside you? :)

Why, yes you may. Here..have a glass of lemonade.

On another note..the word genocracy flew out at me there. Wasn't it Elouise who used the same word here? It is an unusualy word, not used in everyday language. I had never even heard the word before...and had no clue what it meant.
Bez

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Bez »

Any forum that lets people use words like c***t aren't worth visiting IMO
spot

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by spot »

Bez wrote: Any forum that lets people use words like c***t aren't worth visiting IMOAny forum that employs profanity filters is pandering to the advertisers. I deplore their use even more than I deplore prolific and uncalled-for swearing.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Marie5656

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Marie5656 »

Something about an entire forum that devotes itself to ranting and raving is beyond me.

Yes, many of us here, myself included, have posted the occasional rant post here. But to visit a forum where that is all they do is definatly not for me. I do not see where it is productive.
spot

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by spot »

It is, of course, not all that they do, just as we don't all garden here.

It's odd how site names attract a particular subset of members for all that, to leaven the average into something textured.

Even so, that place isn't solely a fount of aggression.
Marie5656

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Marie5656 »

spot wrote: It is, of course, not all that they do, just as we don't all garden here.

It's odd how site names attract a particular subset of members for all that, to leaven the average into something textured.

Even so, that place isn't solely a fount of aggression.

Oh, I see. I did not look beyond the above posted thread. :-5
Bez

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Bez »

spot wrote: Any forum that employs profanity filters is pandering to the advertisers. I deplore their use even more than I deplore prolific and uncalled-for swearing.

I'm not really concerned with the advertisers Spot, I'm more concerned about the kind of people that use that kind of language. To be honest, they're not my kind of people. I have lived with someone who's every other word is a 'profanity' ....it is easy to adopt that 'style' just to 'conform' but I haven't succumbed and will soon be free of it anyway.

This may seem prudish to many people...but that's me....not prudish, but someone who doesn't have to resort to that kind of thing.
Marie5656

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Marie5656 »

I, actually, do not take issue with the filters. I am speaking as one who seldom uses profanity, in my speaking or my writing. But though in general I am not bothered by profanity, when it is uttered every third word it rather bothers me.

I can now speak for my own personal posts...anything you see filtered is my own doing, not the forum filter.
Erinna1112

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Erinna1112 »

Excessive profanity is a signal of a limited vocabulary. I'll use the occasional four-letter word to emphasize something, but all in all, the only thing it accomplishes is to make the user look uneducated, unimaginative, and without class.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Marie5656

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Marie5656 »

After Spot's post that ranting is not all they do there, I decided to take a look around. I am not, at this time looking to join any other forums, but I wanted to see what else they talked about there.

It seemed OK, and rather tame till I got to the area titled "Fat @sses". Well, I lost it. Glad I am not gonna join. I would probably have been banned my firszt day after some of the responses I would have given to some of the posts there. :mad:

Again, I guess I will just stay here sipping lemonade with Cher.
Bez

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Bez »

Erinna1112 wrote: Excessive profanity is a signal of a limited vocabulary. I'll use the occasional four-letter word to emphasize something, but all in all, the only thing it accomplishes is to make the user look uneducated, unimaginative, and without class.

My sentiments exactly......
zinkyusa

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by zinkyusa »

Bez wrote: My sentiments exactly......

Profanity is for dumb a$#es, er, ah, wait a minute:-3
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
Bez

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Bez »

zinkyusa wrote: Profanity is for dumb a$#es, er, ah, wait a minute:-3

There's profanity and Profanity...;)
DesignerGal

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by DesignerGal »

Are we gearing yet an other thread to Elouise here folks? Goodness me. :-1

HBIC
woppy71

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by woppy71 »

I don't like excessive swearing and indeed try not to swear to much myself. I have, however, come to accept that swear words have become part of everyday language, so I try not to let it bother me too much.

What I would say is that what I really don't like is men who verbally abuse their women folk, It disgusts me - there is a guy I work with on nights sometimes, who constantly calls his other half all sorts of profanities as a regular form of conversation.. It's just disrespectfull. What the real shocker is, though, she also uses it as a form of conversation to him. A great environment for the kids to grow up in...:rolleyes:

And as for the rant and rave gang..... bring it on, you m*&^%^r f*34678g A*$%£$%$Es!!.........Ooooooops....:-3;)
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
DesignerGal

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by DesignerGal »

woppy71 wrote:

And as for the rant and rave gang..... bring it on, you m*&^%^r f*34678g A*$%£$%$Es!!.........Ooooooops....:-3;)

:yh_rotfl

HBIC
cherandbuster

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by cherandbuster »

Marie5656 wrote: Again, I guess I will just stay here sipping lemonade with Cher.

Marie

Can you put a couple of shots of vodka in my lemonade please? :p
Live Life with

PASSION

zinkyusa

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by zinkyusa »

cherandbuster wrote: Marie

Can you put a couple of shots of vodka in my lemonade please? :p

Cher!! it's not even noon yet, you can only have beer for now.:-6
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
CheshireCat

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by CheshireCat »

I couldn't get the site to work for me, Just as well! I don't like to rant.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.:D
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
cherandbuster

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by cherandbuster »

zinkyusa wrote: Cher!! it's not even noon yet, you can only have beer for now.:-6

oh yeah sorry :p
Live Life with

PASSION

Bez

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Bez »

woppy71 wrote: I don't like excessive swearing and indeed try not to swear to much myself. I have, however, come to accept that swear words have become part of everyday language, so I try not to let it bother me too much.

What I would say is that what I really don't like is men who verbally abuse their women folk, It disgusts me - there is a guy I work with on nights sometimes, who constantly calls his other half all sorts of profanities as a regular form of conversation.. It's just disrespectfull. What the real shocker is, though, she also uses it as a form of conversation to him. A great environment for the kids to grow up in...:rolleyes:

Woppy....wash your mouth out...:D
cherandbuster

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by cherandbuster »

Bez wrote: Any forum that lets people use words like c***t aren't worth visiting IMO

I agree with Bez here

Some profanity, if used sparingly for effect, can be appropriate in certain situations.

But that "C" word is terrible.

Just terrible!
Live Life with

PASSION

Elouise

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Elouise »

cherandbuster wrote: I agree with Bez here

Some profanity, if used sparingly for effect, can be appropriate in certain situations.

Just terrible!

C unt is a bastardization of cunninglingus. :-6
Elouise

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Elouise »

DesignerGal wrote: Are we gearing yet an other thread to Elouise here folks? Goodness me. :-1

Yep. :D
cherandbuster

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by cherandbuster »

Elouise wrote: Yep. :D

Are you gonna play nice today? :)
Live Life with

PASSION

CheshireCat

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by CheshireCat »

Elouise wrote: C unt is a bastardization of cunninglingus. :-6

Can she do that? :(

God Bless BR!!!
Elouise

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Elouise »

spot wrote: Any forum that employs profanity filters is pandering to the advertisers. I deplore their use even more than I deplore prolific and uncalled-for swearing.

Me too, Spot. I like the creative writing without the deplorable use of swears en masse.

You write beautifully when you're incensed. I would hope others would aspire

to your higher realm of devotion to the art of articulation without the pedestrian.;)
Elouise

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Elouise »

cherandbuster wrote: Are you gonna play nice today? :)

Depends on preconceived ideas of the cherholders.
spot

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by spot »

CheshireCat wrote: Can she do that? :( Well... technically, I suppose. In theory. Some people think it's possible under bizarre circumstances.

EDIT!!: I thought this was in response to "Are you gonna play nice today?" : "Can she do that?" - I'm no good at threading.
DesignerGal

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by DesignerGal »

Elouise wrote: Depends on preconceived ideas of the cherholders.

Saucy...

HBIC
Elouise

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Elouise »

Marie5656 wrote: Why, yes you may. Here..have a glass of lemonade.

On another note..the word genocracy flew out at me there. Wasn't it Elouise who used the same word here? It is an unusualy word, not used in everyday language. I had never even heard the word before...and had no clue what it meant.

That would be GYNOCRACY....

gy·noc·ra·cy (g-nkr-s, j-, j-)

n. pl. gy·ne·coc·ra·cies

1. Government by women.

2. A society ruled by women.

I believe that's why the Greek fellah works so hard at being brilliant. ;)
Bez

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Bez »

cherandbuster wrote: I agree with Bez here

Just terrible!

I should add that I'm no saint, and the occasional swear word does occasionally pass my lips.....but it tends to be quite 'mild'.......****er being the word i use most for idiots...specially idiot drivers. :D :driving:
cherandbuster

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by cherandbuster »

Elouise wrote: cherholders.

Can this be a club made up of those who hold me close in their hearts?

would anyone here join? :-3
Live Life with

PASSION

Elouise

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Elouise »

CheshireCat wrote: I couldn't get the site to work for me, Just as well! I don't like to rant.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.:D

Try again, you miss totally our loving over there.

Go "General Conversations" > Fiction

Go "Rant Forums" > Poetry

Go "By Design" > Artwork

;)
Elouise

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Elouise »

cherandbuster wrote: Can this be a club made up of those who hold me close in their hearts?

Depends on what yer serving.
cherandbuster

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by cherandbuster »

Elouise wrote: Depends on what yer serving.

I'm servin' up some fresh and lovin' Cher :thinking: :D
Live Life with

PASSION

Bez

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Bez »

Elouise wrote: C unt is a bastardization of cunninglingus. :-6

Mmmmm.....not too keen on that either :o
CheshireCat

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by CheshireCat »

:) cherandbuster wrote: Can this be a club made up of those who hold me close in their hearts?

Sign me up!

God Bless BR!!!
Elouise

To the Rant-Rave Guys

Post by Elouise »

Accountable wrote: A member of ran-rave.com got angry at things that transpired here. Just as back home in Redneckville, friends run to friends' aid - and a whole bunch that just like a good fight come to stir things up.

For those of you who are willing to come here without preconceptions, welcome. For the rest, you'll have your fun and go regardless of what I say.

BTW, I think it's funny to call us a christian forum, italics and all. :wah:

http://www.rant-rave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8582

Thank you for the publicity. As you can see on my Avvie over there...I like to soar with theatre.

There are many 'amens' over here with effusive Beams...Quite nice and amen.

Does anyone here know what Amen means?

Return to “General Chit Chat”